Lets have an honest, unemotional discussion about Hillary being our next prez.

Old 10-14-2007, 10:06 PM
n/a

Default Re: Lets have an honest, unemotional discussion about Hillary being our next prez.

Do you want a nice guy or do you want a president !!!!!
Only one man so far has come up with a plan that this country desperatly needs , He also just happens to be the smartest man in politics today ...

and that man is NEWT GRINGRICH...
Old 10-15-2007, 07:55 AM
n/a

Default Re: Lets have an honest, unemotional discussion about Hillary being our next prez.

Newt was the only one that gave a hoot where this country was going and would make a decision based on what's best for the country. It was very disappointing that he decided not to run, although the media would have killed him. Any body notice that the media is focused on republican candidates personal lives but doesn't touch the dems unless it's something good?
Old 10-17-2007, 07:34 AM
n/a

Wow - so much for "honest, unemotional....."

After reading many of the posts, it seems like people are looking for a 4-year monarch and not the chief of the Executive Branch of our government. There seems to be a lot of condemning of presidents (present and past) without looking to the fact that the Legislative and Judical branches have (in many ways) much greater impact.

My civics book taught me that:
A. the Legislature makes the laws and then allocates how much in the way of resources the Executive Branch gets to administer and enforce the laws.
B. The Judical Branch provides interpretations of the laws when there are disputes on what was meant in the language of a statute or regulation.
C. The Executive Branch administers and enforces the law, utilizing the resources given to it by the electorate through the Legislative Branch.

As simple as all of that sounds, it really is the way it works - whether at the federal or state level.

So, are you looking for a monarch with a touch of charisma whose followers, like a royal court, become the ersatz dukes and duchesses running bureaucratic fiefdoms - or -
are you looking for someone who can handle the reins of a 3+ million employee establishment involving many diverse types of operations, and with the good sense to appoint a staff of professionals with REAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE to oversee these operations, instead of just repaying campaign service and contributions by dispensing titles and assigning governmental turf for exploitation? AND as a stockholder in this government-business, what sort of dividend or service do you expect to get from this chief executive?

I'm not convinced there is ANYONE in today's race - regardless of political party affiliation - who has such skills. What I've seen so far reminds me of old western movies where a huckster stands beside a painted wagon, BS'ing about how good his/her brand of snake oil is. The curricullum vitae I've read on these candidates are thin at best, and I haven't seen where any of them has the managerial experience of running/leading anything beyond a 20-person staff (and how well did they do that?).

The bottom line is - What qualifications do you expect a president to have? What do you think the job really is? AND if you had to personally sign the paycheck for this person and pay them from your own bank account (business or personal), what would you want for your money?

Old 10-17-2007, 08:26 AM
n/a

I am planning to buy in TV and was afraid that I would find a nest of Liberals for whom I have no respect at all. From the comments on this forum I can see that there are only a couple, maybe three, misguided liberals. My opinion is that no one should serve more than 2 terms, no matter how good is he/she. Re-election is the root of all the evils in Washington DC.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:56 PM
n/a

Hey Kahunna..I thought I was alone regarding wanting Michael Bloomberg...He doesnt need anybody..no one can buy him or any political favors..no lobbyist...he would be a TRUE representative for the people..He is his own person. Feels good to know someone out there shares my view......
Old 11-04-2007, 12:48 AM
n/a

Before you vote for Hillary, think about where our life savings will go....Income redistribution...that should be enough to make everyone think long and hard
Old 11-04-2007, 03:54 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by efrahin
I am planning to buy in TV and was afraid that I would find a nest of Liberals for whom I have no respect at all. From the comments on this forum I can see that there are only a couple, maybe three, misguided liberals. My opinion is that no one should serve more than 2 terms, no matter how good is he/she. Re-election is the root of all the evils in Washington DC.
There's more than three...
Old 11-14-2007, 07:02 AM
n/a

Bulberry, you are so right. It was Ronald Regan who straightened out our economy and Clinton took all the credit. And he left the country & office in a mess for the next in line to clean it up. Clinton was the one that gave our sovernty away. That is why we are loosing all our jobs to other countries. Thank the Clintons............

And... The only person he took out was Monica in her blue dress. It was months of a soap opera. How shameful.

Who would be good for this county? Arnold Swartzenagger. However, we would have to change our constitution...............he can't run..........but I bet he would be great.
Look at what he has done for California. All his work in California is gratus. Wow!

Old 11-14-2007, 01:04 PM
n/a

I agree with you all, but you can not have an unemotional discussion about her. She is repulsive.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:55 PM
n/a

I'm sorry, but I feel each of our candidates running for Presdient deserves our respect. Can't we discuss issues and not run our candidates down.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:00 PM
n/a

Avista: Respect is something you have to win. We live with the consecuences of our actions. That said, i will not comment again on politics.
Old 11-22-2007, 05:48 AM
n/a

I agree that the FEDS should at least partially underwrite STEM CELL RESEARCH//////
BUT HEY... the Chinese are well underway AND if they hit it .............our trade defecit
will SKYROCKET....(when our $$$ goes to China with our massive purchases of their
product) then we can de-value the U.S. currency even more to attempt to stay afloat
and sell our old fashioned products to the world.....WE HAVE BEEN AND WILL ALWAYS be involved in a world economy....It did not stop after the silk road led only to the UK.
WAKE UP AMERICA--------
Old 11-22-2007, 07:10 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by aford

Who would be good for this county? Arnold Swartzenagger. However, we would have to change our constitution...............he can't run..........but I bet he would be great.
Look at what he has done for California. All his work in California is gratus. Wow!
You might want to ask Californians, especially those in Northern California what they think of Arnie baby and his cronies! He and they are doing an excellent job of selling off or, worse yet, giving away NoCal's natural resources to not only SoCal but also Nevada and Arizona. And that's just the tip of the iceberg of why you won't find a lot of love for Arnie in many parts of California.

Old 11-22-2007, 12:55 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by noleguy
If only Bill Clinton had taken out BinLaden when our intelligence had him in their sights, But instead Bill decided not to do it. Had he made the decision to have him eliminated then JUST PERHAPS we might not have needed to take the action Bush has taken to keep us secure.
GET THE FACTS STRAIGHT THERE WAS A GOOD REASON WHY CLINTON COULD'T
TAKE OUT BIN LADEN WHEN HE HAD THE CHANCE AND WHAT ACTION DID BUSH TAKE TO KEEP US SECURE THE WAR IN IRAQ AS PER ALAN GREENSPAN(EVER HEARD OF HIM)
THE WAR IN IRAQ IS ABOUT OIL AND NOTHING ELSE
Old 11-22-2007, 01:46 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch
You might want to ask Californians, especially those in Northern California what they think of Arnie baby and his cronies! He and they are doing an excellent job of selling off or, worse yet, giving away NoCal's natural resources to not only SoCal but also Nevada and Arizona. And that's just the tip of the iceberg of why you won't find a lot of love for Arnie in many parts of California.

Details? Details? Water?

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.