Two Key Paragraphs in Two Presidents' Speeches

Old 05-18-2011, 02:53 AM
n/a

Default Two Key Paragraphs in Two Presidents' Speeches

George W. Bush speech after capture of Saddam:

The success of yesterday's mission is a tribute to our men and women now serving in Iraq. The operation was based on the superb work of intelligence analysts
who found the dictator in a vast country. The operation was carried out with skill and precision by a brave fighting force. Our servicemen and women and our
coalition allies have faced many dangers in the hunt for members of the fallen regime, and in their effort to bring hope and freedom to the Iraqi people.
Their work continues, and so do the risks. Today, on behalf of the nation, I thank the members of our Armed Forces and I congratulate them.

Barack Hussein Obama speech after death of bin Laden:

And so shortly after taking office, I directed Leon Panetta, the director of the CIA, to make the killing or capture of bin Laden the top priority of our war against
al Qaeda, even as we continued our broader efforts to disrupt, dismantle, and defeat his network. Then, last August, after years of painstaking work by our intelligence
community, I was briefed on a possible lead to bin Laden. It was far from certain, and it took many months to run this thread to ground. I met repeatedly with my national
security team as we developed more information about the possibility that we had located bin Laden hiding within a compound deep inside of Pakistan. And finally, last week,
I determined that we had enough intelligence to take action, and I authorized an operation to get Osama bin Laden and bring him to justice. Today, at my direction,
the United States launched a targeted operation against that compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:02 AM
n/a

Very telling for sure. I'm sure he is also upset that the political bounce is over, if it was ever really there.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:55 PM
n/a

When you see these speeches, side by side, it really showsthe character of the two men. I wonder why these speeches aren't being printed all over the main stream media. lol
Old 05-19-2011, 01:05 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally Jo View Post
When you see these speeches, side by side, it really showsthe character of the two men. I wonder why these speeches aren't being printed all over the main stream media. lol
Because it's not news.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:10 PM
n/a

Me thinks that Obama should fear the Military for it appears that they would never back him in a take over by force of this Great Country. Never mess with the guys with the guns. You will lose everytime.

Reminds me of a meeting that took place in the War Room of the Underground Pentagon years ago. The General said that in case of lock down he would ration all the food to those that where the most important. Our Security Officer requested to speak and informed the General in charge that we where the only ones with firearms.

You can guess who would control the food and water.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:34 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandgal View Post
George W. Bush speech after capture of Saddam:

The success of yesterday's mission is a tribute to our men and women now serving in Iraq. The operation was based on the superb work of intelligence analysts
who found the dictator in a vast country. The operation was carried out with skill and precision by a brave fighting force. Our servicemen and women and our
coalition allies have faced many dangers in the hunt for members of the fallen regime, and in their effort to bring hope and freedom to the Iraqi people.
Their work continues, and so do the risks. Today, on behalf of the nation, I thank the members of our Armed Forces and I congratulate them.

Barack Hussein Obama speech after death of bin Laden:

And so shortly after taking office, I directed Leon Panetta, the director of the CIA, to make the killing or capture of bin Laden the top priority of our war against
al Qaeda, even as we continued our broader efforts to disrupt, dismantle, and defeat his network. Then, last August, after years of painstaking work by our intelligence
community, I was briefed on a possible lead to bin Laden. It was far from certain, and it took many months to run this thread to ground. I met repeatedly with my national
security team as we developed more information about the possibility that we had located bin Laden hiding within a compound deep inside of Pakistan. And finally, last week,
I determined that we had enough intelligence to take action, and I authorized an operation to get Osama bin Laden and bring him to justice. Today, at my direction,
the United States launched a targeted operation against that compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan.
Obviously, modesty isn't one of Obama's virtues.
Old 05-19-2011, 02:38 PM
n/a

DaleMN-- You are probably right, but if the situation was reversed every main stream media outlet would be running both speeches. We all know that the MSM decides what to emphasize and what to leave alone.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:09 PM
n/a

Islandgal thank you. In the past made it a practice to count how many I's, me's a person would repeat. It is telling. It is a good bet that you could get the same type of comparisons with so many of Bush vis a vis Obama speeches. However the problem is that Obama has given more speeches on TV in his two years than most other presidents have in 8 years...also telling. But the liberal media will never reveal that fact would they
Old 05-19-2011, 04:18 PM
n/a

rubicon,

I think that proves the point, "talk's cheap."
Old 05-19-2011, 09:35 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally Jo View Post
DaleMN-- You are probably right, but if the situation was reversed every main stream media outlet would be running both speeches. We all know that the MSM decides what to emphasize and what to leave alone.
You folks need to stop being so paranoid.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:40 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleMN View Post
You folks need to stop being so paranoid.
Well, I don't know if the major networks would show the difference. But, you got to figure Dale, that Matthews and Maddow would be contrasting the difference if it were Obama who was the self effacing humble president thanking the troops, in contrast to Bush who was the egomaniac trying to garner all the attention to his own unsurpassed brilliant leadership.

But that's not the case because it's Obama who needs everyone's affirmation and applause. Bush doesn't crave such attention as he comfortable in his own quiet self assurance.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:25 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
Well, I don't know if the major networks would show the difference. But, you got to figure Dale, that Matthews and Maddow would be contrasting the difference if it were Obama who was the self effacing humble president thanking the troops, in contrast to Bush who was the egomaniac trying to garner all the attention to his own unsurpassed brilliant leadership.

But that's not the case because it's Obama who needs everyone's affirmation and applause. Bush doesn't crave such attention as he comfortable in his own quiet self assurance.
I don't consider Matthews and Maddow to be news shows. They are commentators and have a liberal bias so you may be right. Still doesn't make it news. Too much is made of the semantics. One could also deride Bush's "Mission Accomplished".
Old 05-20-2011, 07:30 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleMN View Post
I don't consider Matthews and Maddow to be news shows. They are commentators and have a liberal bias so you may be right. Still doesn't make it news. Too much is made of the semantics. One could also deride Bush's "Mission Accomplished".
and many, many did.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:08 PM
n/a

Right. Obama is going to engineer a takeover of the country. Just gonna toss that Constitution right out (oh, I forgot, Bush already did that with the Patriot Act).

What's in the water out there?
Old 05-20-2011, 02:40 PM
n/a

Default Two Key Paragraphs in Two Presdents' speechs

I think we should look to the great liberal thinker Joy Behar and she how she views this situation.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.