Congressman Ron Paul Says

Old 05-18-2011, 04:40 PM
n/a

Default Congressman Ron Paul Says

that the Obama administration is preparing to occupy Pakistan. He obviously has no proof for this crazy theory, but nonetheless, he's out there making this claim. I always knew that this guy was one card short of a full deck.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:44 PM
n/a

Default Congressman Ron Paul Says

Do you mean Obama has taken it upon himself to move into Osama Bin Ladien's mansion?
Old 05-19-2011, 12:12 AM
n/a

Default Not Even If We Wanted To

Quote:
Originally Posted by actor View Post
that the Obama administration is preparing to occupy Pakistan. He obviously has no proof for this crazy theory, but nonetheless, he's out there making this claim. I always knew that this guy was one card short of a full deck. (referring to a recent allegation by presidential candidate Ron Paul, Congressman from Texas)
Is it the water down there in Texas? Geez, you have Rick Perry wanting to have Texas secede from the United States and Ron Paul making statements like this. "A card short of a full deck", "not the brightest bulb in the box", or "a couple bricks short of a full load" would be understatements for such patently ridiculous allegations. And I won't even go to the observation that the U.S. couldn't afford to "occupy Pakistan", even if we wanted to.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:04 AM
n/a

VK, your description is more than generous. Ron Paul is the leading anti-interventionist in Congress. What he said was that we have turned a former ally in the war on terror against us. We have bombed Pakistan, invaded Pakistan and killed many innocent people in the process. Pakistan, like any other nation has sovereign rights and we need to respect them as much as we demand that other nations respect our rights.

Because of our ineptitude, we find the situation in Pakistan deteriorating and turning the situation, against our own interests and those of Pakistan into a Pakistani civil war. He is concerned that we are on the road to occupying part of Pakistan and convinced that this would be an epic mistake. How anyone could turn this into the idea that we should occupy Pakistan is beyond belief.

http://uselectionnews.org/ron-paul-p...uation/853621/
Old 05-19-2011, 08:48 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
Is it the water down there in Texas? Geez, you have Rick Perry wanting to have Texas secede from the United States and Ron Paul making statements like this. "A card short of a full deck", "not the brightest bulb in the box", or "a couple bricks short of a full load" would be understatements for such patently ridiculous allegations. And I won't even go to the observation that the U.S. couldn't afford to "occupy Pakistan", even if we wanted to.
Please provide the link with the quote by Gov. Rick Perry where he calls for Texas secession, or stop presenting misinformation.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:22 AM
n/a

I believe he did not actually call for secession but implied that Texans may get to that point. His rhetoric would seem to imply he would support them and he even seems to be trying to incite the sentiment. This is interesting in view of the amount of money Texas gets from the federal government. 88 cents of every tax dollar that Texans pay are returned to Texas and in addition the recent stimulous plan sent $17B (yes 17 billion) to Texas. Many eastern/midwestern states get back less than half of the tax dollars they pay.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4NZnHDmnu8[/ame]
Old 05-19-2011, 10:01 AM
n/a

Cherylncliff; VK keeps reporting that Gov. Perry ran on Texas Secession as a key part of his campaign and that is not true and misleading. You say he "implied", and that is a stretch to say the least.

You also link a video with the odious and discredited Keith Olbermann where he constantly uses the disgusting "*********" phrase and in dripping with venom for all things Republican.

Link the video where Gov. Perry supports and advocated Texas Secession. You can't because it doesn't exist and it's a misrepresenting of his position and his remarks.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:16 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylncliff View Post
I believe he did not actually call for secession but implied that Texans may get to that point. His rhetoric would seem to imply he would support them and he even seems to be trying to incite the sentiment. This is interesting in view of the amount of money Texas gets from the federal government. 88 cents of every tax dollar that Texans pay are returned to Texas and in addition the recent stimulous plan sent $17B (yes 17 billion) to Texas. Many eastern/midwestern states get back less than half of the tax dollars they pay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4NZnHDmnu8
Excellent youtube piece! Another idiot "cheerleader" out of Texas to screw up the country. Thanks for sharing.

Xavier
Old 05-19-2011, 11:44 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
Cherylncliff; VK keeps reporting that Gov. Perry ran on Texas Secession as a key part of his campaign and that is not true and misleading. You say he "implied", and that is a stretch to say the least.

You also link a video with the odious and discredited Keith Olbermann where he constantly uses the disgusting "*********" phrase and in dripping with venom for all things Republican.

Link the video where Gov. Perry supports and advocated Texas Secession. You can't because it doesn't exist and it's a misrepresenting of his position and his remarks.
I must admit that Olbermann was often over-the-top....but his venom is mild compared to Mr Bouncy-Bouncy Limbaugh.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:15 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
Please provide the link with the quote by Gov. Rick Perry where he calls for Texas secession, or stop presenting misinformation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_S...ry.27s_remarks

From Wikipedia on this subject.
Old 05-19-2011, 02:12 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
He still did not campaign on secession. He might have entertained his constituents conversation on the subject, but never endorsed or campaigned on the issue. It's a stretch to imply otherwise.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:34 PM
n/a

I wasn't implying.

Just trying to quote the correct quote.

Gracie...Repeat after me.

Stay out of political
Stay out of political
Stay out of political.

Tony..

How do I fix it so I can't see political threads?
Old 05-19-2011, 06:06 PM
n/a

Quote:
I wasn't implying.

Stay out of political
Stay out of political
Stay out of political.

Tony..

I asked people, if they could find a link with Gov. Perry calling for the secession of Texas. I guess I assumed, incorrectly, that you were trying to do that. It would have helped me understand if you had prefaced the link with your thoughts about the topic.

I don't know why you being so sensitive, though. What you posted was more of the same of people saying what their impression of what Gov. Perry might have really meant in his speech and his response to a reporter, and I was responding to that link.

I wasn't knocking you, and am coming to the conclusion that I should not respond to your posts in any more than a fawning way because this is not the first time you've gotten upset with me because of my response to you.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:53 PM
n/a

Quote:
I wasn't implying.

Stay out of political
Stay out of political
Stay out of political.

Tony..

I'm with Gracie- its a pretty intense place.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:44 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylncliff View Post
I'm with Gracie- its a pretty intense place.
Political discussions often are. But everyone needs to try reading the posts as if the person is just speaking to you and not yelling at you, because that is usually the case.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.