Another "Good Guy With A Gun"

Old 04-17-2017, 04:12 PM
n/a

Default Another "Good Guy With A Gun"

An old man walking home from Easter dinner with his family was randomly executed by a citizen with a permit to carry a concealed weapon. Up until then he was what the NRA would call one of the "good guys" with a gun. We cannot let the ability to maintain a body temperature of around 98 degrees be the only condition for being allowed to own and carry a deadly weapon. Collectively as gun owners we need to use our own brains instead of letting Wayne Lappiere, whom I personally think is an extremely overcompensated wing nut, do our thinking for us. As pro gun legislation rules the day violent crime increases proportionally. Although guns create jobs in emergency medicine, funeral industries, prisons, etc., I think on balance they are not really a plus. IMHO
Old 04-17-2017, 04:24 PM
n/a

I guess if he didn't have a gun it would be impossible for him to kill that man.
Old 04-17-2017, 04:36 PM
n/a

I don't see a link to a news article. No mention of where this took place or what year it might have happened...is this your account of what happened?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 04-17-2017, 05:06 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
An old man walking home from Easter dinner with his family was randomly executed by a citizen with a permit to carry a concealed weapon. Up until then he was what the NRA would call one of the "good guys" with a gun. We cannot let the ability to maintain a body temperature of around 98 degrees be the only condition for being allowed to own and carry a deadly weapon. Collectively as gun owners we need to use our own brains instead of letting Wayne Lappiere, whom I personally think is an extremely overcompensated wing nut, do our thinking for us. As pro gun legislation rules the day violent crime increases proportionally. Although guns create jobs in emergency medicine, funeral industries, prisons, etc., I think on balance they are not really a plus. IMHO

Look me straight in the eye and tell me you own a gun.

I thought not.

I don't either, but I do support the second amendment rights and if people keep killing older adults, it may level the playing field to own one. Don't close any doors.

Gracealee Gantner
Old 04-17-2017, 07:13 PM
n/a

Quote:
If you are talking about the killing captured on Facebook that man looks quite angry, disturbed, etc. Not a good man at all.

And I have owned guns of various types in the past. I may or may not be armed now.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:18 PM
n/a

Now that is tempting...somebody talk the wackadoodle off the ledge before he falls on someone else and hurts them.

Old 04-17-2017, 07:21 PM
n/a

Quote:
Now that is tempting...somebody talk the wackadoodle off the ledge before he falls on someone else and hurts them.

Stop acting like some high school punk.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:45 PM
n/a

Doing away with guns does not do away with crazy. If you are scared of guns, then don't purchase one. No one is forcing you to have a gun. Obama IS forcing you to own health insurance. Interesting correlation, huh?
Old 04-17-2017, 07:45 PM
n/a

Quote:
Look me straight in the eye and tell me you own a gun.

I thought not.

I don't either, but I do support the second amendment rights and if people keep killing older adults, it may level the playing field to own one. Don't close any doors.

Gracealee Gantner
You are probably incorrect with your assumptions. Believe or not you can be a firearm owner and disagree with NRA and even interpretation of 2nd amendment. The way things are progressing carrying a concealed firearm will not be much help as you will be dead before you get a chance to get it out of your holster. The criminal element has a big advantage, they can shoot without thought or hesitation where as the "good guy needs to be sure". No way you can win that contest. Even with a gun in my waistband there are many places I would not go in this state and they are on the rise. Do we need more handguns in Florida? I think not.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:51 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papsmear View Post
You are probably incorrect with your assumptions. Believe or not you can be a firearm owner and disagree with NRA and even interpretation of 2nd amendment. The way things are progressing carrying a concealed firearm will not be much help as you will be dead before you get a chance to get it out of your holster. The criminal element has a big advantage, they can shoot without thought or hesitation where as the "good guy needs to be sure". No way you can win that contest. Even with a gun in my waistband there are many places I would not go in this state and they are on the rise. Do we need more handguns in Florida? I think not.
I am not following you. Make up your mind either you support legal firearm ownership or you don't. I think you are silly thinking you should be the only person allowed with a gun in your waistband...Maybe you need to get a G2 holster!

Concealed Carry Holsters • UrbanCarry(R) 100% Ultimate Concealment

Old 04-17-2017, 08:00 PM
n/a

Quote:
If you walk around in a daze, yes you could get shot before drawing your gun. People like that probably shouldn't attempt to carry one anyway. Just saying. With your attitude, how do you survive outside your home? You sound defeated before you even get out of bed in the morning. I carry concealed to protect my family. I'll also protect yours if you can't and I am at the right place when needed. Cops can't be there to protect you. They take reports AFTER the crime is committed. A good, armed citizen may be there. Out of the millions of guns owned, there is a very small percentage of them owned by the bad guy. But, I can't convince anyone that guns are just tools, like I like to think of them. Someone once asked me why I have been carrying a gun for almost 50 years without ever needing to use it. I have never needed to use my seat belt either, but I use it. I have never needed my helmet when I ride my motorcycle, but I wear it. Hopefully, I will never use my pistol or rifles for anything other than target shooting. But, I do hope that I am there for your family IF they need someone to protect them.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:12 PM
n/a

Quote:
Stop acting like some high school punk.
Some of these so-called grown men sure are juvenile. Dirtbanker's quote was being criticized. I 'd say junior high school.
Old 04-18-2017, 04:49 AM
n/a

Quote:
I am not following you. Make up your mind either you support legal firearm ownership or you don't. I think you are silly thinking you should be the only person allowed with a gun in your waistband...Maybe you need to get a G2 holster!

Concealed Carry Holsters • UrbanCarry(R) 100% Ultimate Concealment

Seeing you prefer personnal attack instead of discussion let me say it a little slower for you, I support gun ownership I just don't support the the ease in which anyone can get a handgun. Why can we not have a logical discussion about the old west mentality that is overtaking the country. I suspect by the sounds of your post you pride yourself as being a Clint Eastwood type but might actually be closer to Barney Fife. Let me guess, you get your information from Fox News, voted for Trump, and have an 8x10" glossy of Sean Hannity mounted in a prominent place in your home. Actually this is much easier than intelligent discussion, thanks for lesson. Just saying.
Old 04-18-2017, 06:10 AM
n/a

Quote:
Are you serious? One incident and you come to this conclusion? How about the fact that places like Chicago, New Orleans and Detroit have the most anti gun laws in this country and yet have the most shootings and gun crimes.

You have found one incident where a CC permit holder has committed a crime with his gun. How about the millions of gun crimes that have been committed with illegal guns in gun free zones?

We also know that the shooter is a Case Manager at a Children’s Behavioral Health Agency. Does that mean that we should fear all social workers?

He is also a Black man. Does that mean that every Black man is a killer?

This one incident where a CC permit holder has done something crazy. If he didn't have a gun he might have run someone down with his car. Maybe we should be giving out fewer drivers licenses.

If you want to bother to look it up, I believe that you'll find that the cities that have the most stringent anti gun legislation also have the most gun crimes. You'll also find that most shootings occur in gun free zones where the shooter knows there is little chance of someone returning fire.
Old 04-18-2017, 06:26 AM
n/a

Quote:
Let me guess...you're afraid to go to black/brown majority places? Why don't we SOLVE that problem? Or are we going to let the slums grow and grow?

Quote:
If you walk around in a daze, yes you could get shot before drawing your gun. People like that probably shouldn't attempt to carry one anyway. Just saying. With your attitude, how do you survive outside your home? You sound defeated before you even get out of bed in the morning. I carry concealed to protect my family. I'll also protect yours if you can't and I am at the right place when needed. Cops can't be there to protect you. They take reports AFTER the crime is committed. A good, armed citizen may be there. Out of the millions of guns owned, there is a very small percentage of them owned by the bad guy. But, I can't convince anyone that guns are just tools, like I like to think of them. Someone once asked me why I have been carrying a gun for almost 50 years without ever needing to use it. I have never needed to use my seat belt either, but I use it. I have never needed my helmet when I ride my motorcycle, but I wear it. Hopefully, I will never use my pistol or rifles for anything other than target shooting. But, I do hope that I am there for your family IF they need someone to protect them.
Not true...millions and millions of guns are in the inner cities where MOST of the shootings/killings occur.

Quote:
Seeing you prefer personnal attack instead of discussion let me say it a little slower for you, I support gun ownership I just don't support the the ease in which anyone can get a handgun. Why can we not have a logical discussion about the old west mentality that is overtaking the country. I suspect by the sounds of your post you pride yourself as being a Clint Eastwood type but might actually be closer to Barney Fife. Let me guess, you get your information from Fox News, voted for Trump, and have an 8x10" glossy of Sean Hannity mounted in a prominent place in your home. Actually this is much easier than intelligent discussion, thanks for lesson. Just saying.
What old west mentality? Blacks and Hispanics shoot/kill MORE...MUCH more...than whites. THEY have the "old west" mentality.

Quote:
Are you serious? One incident and you come to this conclusion? How about the fact that places like Chicago, New Orleans and Detroit have the most anti gun laws in this country and yet have the most shootings and gun crimes.

You have found one incident where a CC permit holder has committed a crime with his gun. How about the millions of gun crimes that have been committed with illegal guns in gun free zones?

We also know that the shooter is a Case Manager at a Children’s Behavioral Health Agency. Does that mean that we should fear all social workers?

He is also a Black man. Does that mean that every Black man is a killer?

This one incident where a CC permit holder has done something crazy. If he didn't have a gun he might have run someone down with his car. Maybe we should be giving out fewer drivers licenses.

If you want to bother to look it up, I believe that you'll find that the cities that have the most stringent anti gun legislation also have the most gun crimes. You'll also find that most shootings occur in gun free zones where the shooter knows there is little chance of someone returning fire.
Because the inner cities are FULL of violent minorities with LOTS of weapons.

Isn't it funny how they IGNORE the violence perpetrated by the minorities.

MANY are...blacks are up to 10X MORE violent than whites. The gun violence problem...the violence problem itself...is a problem with blacks/Hispanics...NOT white people. White people live in places like the villages...minorities live in slums...not JUST here in America...but EVERYWHERE in the world.

To the illegals and those who are too stupid to drive...mostly minorities.

IF you look it up...you'll also find that minorities are up to 10X more violent than white people. Minorities NEVER make places like the villages...they make slums...always.

Tags
gun, carry, weapon, good, nut

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.