Medicaid Cuts May Force Retirees Out of Nursing Homes

Old 06-24-2017, 10:43 PM
n/a

Default Medicaid Cuts May Force Retirees Out of Nursing Homes

Medicaid Cuts May Force Retirees Out of Nursing Homes - The New York Times
Old 06-25-2017, 12:17 PM
n/a

The NYT is famous for safe words like "may, might, could, possibly." Tell me what page in the new bill says this. I find it interesting that the bill shows increases in Medicaid for the next few years. Perhaps the increases are not as high as Obiecare and that makes the increases actually cuts? You do realize that Obiecare stole almost a trillion bucks from Medicare to pay for Medicaid?

This NYT hit piece is nothing more than liberal fantasy. No facts to back it. The whole article is nothing more than a commentary with no facts to back up it statement. I have lost even more respect for the NYT.
Old 06-25-2017, 12:50 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
The NYT is famous for safe words like "may, might, could, possibly." Tell me what page in the new bill says this. I find it interesting that the bill shows increases in Medicaid for the next few years. Perhaps the increases are not as high as Obiecare and that makes the increases actually cuts? You do realize that Obiecare stole almost a trillion bucks from Medicare to pay for Medicaid?

This NYT hit piece is nothing more than liberal fantasy. No facts to back it. The whole article is nothing more than a commentary with no facts to back up it statement. I have lost even more respect for the NYT.
It’s an old claim and an old figure. The law does reduce Medicare spending, but not in the way Huckabee, and others suggest. The Affordable Care Act aims to cut future Medicare costs by reducing payments to private insurers and hospitals, not beneficiaries, though this could indirectly squeeze beneficiaries.

And, speaking of "may, might, could, possibly" those are the same words involved with people who claim that money was "stolen" from Medicare for Medicaid. Hmmm, the irony of your claim is overwhelming.....
Old 06-25-2017, 12:55 PM
n/a

Default Senate bill sacrifices health care for tax cuts

Editorial: Senate bill sacrifices health care for tax cuts | Tampa Bay Times
Old 06-25-2017, 01:54 PM
n/a

Yes, the repeal of a bad law is a sacrifice. Extreme exaggerations run amok on the left, as they flee in panic.
Old 06-25-2017, 02:14 PM
n/a

Quote:
Yes, the repeal of a bad law is a sacrifice. Extreme exaggerations run amok on the left, as they flee in panic.
Let's see....repeal of the AHA will result in over 24 million Americans unable to get health insurance which will result in many deaths. Looks like you are willing to sacrifice life for another bad bill......

Are you prolife? evidently not
Old 06-25-2017, 03:17 PM
n/a

Good to see the links. Keep it up.
Old 06-25-2017, 08:35 PM
n/a

Quote:
Let's see....repeal of the AHA will result in over 24 million Americans unable to get health insurance which will result in many deaths. Looks like you are willing to sacrifice life for another bad bill......

Are you prolife? evidently not

That's just liberal B.S.
Old 06-26-2017, 02:38 PM
n/a

Default How GOP cuts to nursing home care would hurt the middle class

How GOP cuts to nursing home care would hurt the middle class | PBS NewsHour
Old 06-26-2017, 02:43 PM
n/a

Quote:
That's just liberal B.S.
no, actually it is an educated projection of many intelligent people who have looked at the Republican bill that replaces the current AHA including:

Interest groups and industry stakeholders:
The AARP
American Hospital Association
Federation of American Hospitals
America's Essential Hospitals
Families USA

Doctors' and nurses' groups
The American Medical Association
American Nurses Association
American College of Physicians
National Nurses United
National Physicians Alliance
Association of American Physicians and Surgeons
American Academy of Pediatrics

Conservative organizations
Heritage Action
Cato Institute
Americans for Prosperity
FreedomWorks
Tea Party Patriots
Club for Growth

Democratic and progressive organizations
MoveOn.org
American Bridge
Center for American Progress
Our Revolution

The Latest: Medical groups find fault with Senate plan
The Latest: Medical groups find fault with Senate plan - ABC News

Medical, Hospital Groups Oppose GOP Health Care Plan
GOP Health Care Bill Opposed By Medical Groups Of Doctors, Nurses, Hospitals : NPR

Prestigious medical groups denounce health care vote
Prestigious medical groups denounce health care vote - CBS News

Dozen conservative groups support Obamacare repeal plan
Old 06-26-2017, 03:51 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjboyer1 View Post
no, actually it is an educated projection of many intelligent people who have looked at the Republican bill that replaces the current AHA including:

Interest groups and industry stakeholders:
The AARP
American Hospital Association
Federation of American Hospitals
America's Essential Hospitals
Families USA

Doctors' and nurses' groups
The American Medical Association
American Nurses Association
American College of Physicians
National Nurses United
National Physicians Alliance
Association of American Physicians and Surgeons
American Academy of Pediatrics

Conservative organizations
Heritage Action
Cato Institute
Americans for Prosperity
FreedomWorks
Tea Party Patriots
Club for Growth

Democratic and progressive organizations
MoveOn.org
American Bridge
Center for American Progress
Our Revolution

The Latest: Medical groups find fault with Senate plan
The Latest: Medical groups find fault with Senate plan - ABC News

Medical, Hospital Groups Oppose GOP Health Care Plan
GOP Health Care Bill Opposed By Medical Groups Of Doctors, Nurses, Hospitals : NPR

Prestigious medical groups denounce health care vote
Prestigious medical groups denounce health care vote - CBS News

What about the teachers union?
Old 06-26-2017, 04:52 PM
n/a

The House plan is called American Health Care Act. The Senate thought that name was too dull. So, they called it Better Care Reconciliation Act. Trump said the acts were too mean. He will be announcing his plan soon, but we need a little drama. So, it will be some time soon. It will be named the Super Fantastic Unbelievably Great Cheap Health Plan For U'all. Everybody will be covered for chump change. Only Trump knew how easy it was to cover everyone. Now, he will let the world know, and the rest of he world will copy his plan.
Old 06-26-2017, 05:22 PM
n/a

Quote:
It’s an old claim and an old figure. The law does reduce Medicare spending, but not in the way Huckabee, and others suggest. The Affordable Care Act aims to cut future Medicare costs by reducing payments to private insurers and hospitals, not beneficiaries, though this could indirectly squeeze beneficiaries.

And, speaking of "may, might, could, possibly" those are the same words involved with people who claim that money was "stolen" from Medicare for Medicaid. Hmmm, the irony of your claim is overwhelming.....
This is not a "may, might, could, possibly" situation - it is already happening. I work at and know of many places that do not accept Medicare as payment. Some places will bill Medicare for you (in other words, do the paperwork), but you must pay upfront for services rendered, then accept what Medicare is willing to reimburse you for that service. This has been going on for some time now and has only been exacerbated by the passing of the ACA.
Old 06-26-2017, 08:34 PM
n/a

Quote:
This is not a "may, might, could, possibly" situation - it is already happening. I work at and know of many places that do not accept Medicare as payment. Some places will bill Medicare for you (in other words, do the paperwork), but you must pay upfront for services rendered, then accept what Medicare is willing to reimburse you for that service. This has been going on for some time now and has only been exacerbated by the passing of the ACA.
I work, and have extensive training on MediGap and Medicare Advantage programs. I know that many providers have stopped accepting Medicare Advantage and other programs. I was using the "may, might, could, possibly" words as irony for the other post.

Since my group (over 50 active and retired school employee and municipal employee associations) have identified and come together for the best group programs with the best premiums, I help many association members, and my position enables me to accept non-association members into the huge group by joining as associate members.
Old 06-26-2017, 08:45 PM
n/a

Quote:
I work, and have extensive training on MediGap and Medicare Advantage programs. I know that many providers have stopped accepting Medicare Advantage and other programs. I was using the "may, might, could, possibly" words as irony for the other post.

Since my group (over 50 active and retired school employee and municipal employee associations) have identified and come together for the best group programs with the best premiums, I help many association members, and my position enables me to accept non-association members into the huge group by joining as associate members.
Sorry to have misunderstood. Your work with the group plan sounds interesting and I'm sure of great benefit to those who have found themselves in the position of an unexpected early retirement.

Tags
nursing, homes, retirees, cuts, force

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.