Mitts taxes

Old 08-02-2012, 12:18 PM
n/a

Default Mitts taxes

You know everyone is saying that Romney hasn't paid taxes in 10 years. Well he uses the same tax code every one else uses and if he takes the same deductions every one else can then so be it . You can't tell me any one on this forum doesn't do the same. So whats the big deal. You feel guilty then give the government 50% on your income then you have room to bitch.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:36 PM
n/a

the best thing about the folks who claim that romney has not paid taxes is that they have no FACTS upon which to base their conclusion and allegation! where did a 'did not/did to' argument EVER get stan, ollie, spanky, alfalfa, darla, buckwheat, moe, larry, curly, lucy, desi, fred or ethel - only another episode! so i guess we can look forward to more of the same to come. :/
Old 08-02-2012, 01:21 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
the best thing about the folks who claim that romney has not paid taxes is that they have no FACTS upon which to base their conclusion and allegation! where did a 'did not/did to' argument EVER get stan, ollie, spanky, alfalfa, darla, buckwheat, moe, larry, curly, lucy, desi, fred or ethel - only another episode! so i guess we can look forward to more of the same to come. :/
I have not posted regarding Romney's tax returns, and am not all that interested, however those that have would probably say the reason they have no FACTS upon which to base their conclusion and allegation is because he has refused to release his returns.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:43 PM
n/a

Mitt Romney has brought all this attention about his tax returns on himself. If he had just released them when he became the presumptive nominee, it might have been a one day or one week story. The way he has stonewalled makes people even more curious. This was not a story when Senators John McCain or John Kerry released their returns.

Romney also got caught up in a big kerfuffel over his taxes when he ran for governor, since he had claimed on his taxes he was living in Utah, but had to convince the MA Elections Commission that he was living in MA for seven consecutive years.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:47 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
I have not posted regarding Romney's tax returns, and am not all that interested, however those that have would probably say the reason they have no FACTS upon which to base their conclusion and allegation is because he has refused to release his returns.
most likely - but -that being the case - they have no facts that he has not - mute point for them as i see it.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:54 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
Mitt Romney has brought all this attention about his tax returns on himself. If he had just released them when he became the presumptive nominee, it might have been a one day or one week story. The way he has stonewalled makes people even more curious. This was not a story when Senators John McCain or John Kerry released their returns.
i can't see it that way. the attention has been brought and unrelentlessly pressed by the opposition - like a dog with a bone. your assumption that the release would be a one day/week story is highly unlikely! and as far as mccain, kerry, mitt's father or anyone else is concerned - they don't have a dog in this fight; so what they did is immaterial to present day.

hanging on to the tax return issue is just an opportunity for the oppositon to deflect the real issues in this election.
Old 08-02-2012, 02:00 PM
n/a

The most interesting aspect of the election frightened left on the issue of Romney's taxes is the actions of U.S. Senate leader Harry Reid.

Harry has been saying that someone from Bane Capital has been divulging information about Romney's taxes to him. THAT IS A FEDERAL CRIME AND A FELONY.

The IRS and the FBI should be investigating these allegations to find this person and determine the truth of what Harry is saying. If Harry lies at all, that also is a federal crime. Can you say Scooter Libby or Martha Stewart?

These are serious concerns and the IRS should be on top of this.

We all know that's not gonna happen, though.
Old 08-02-2012, 02:03 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
The most interesting aspect of the election frightened left on the issue of Romney's taxes is the actions of U.S. Senate leader Harry Reid.

Harry has been saying that someone from Bane Capital has been divulging information about Romney's taxes to him. THAT IS A FEDERAL CRIME AND A FELONY.

The IRS and the FBI should be investigating these allegations to find this person and determine the truth of what Harry is saying. If Harry lies at all, that also is a federal crime. Can you say Scooter Libby or Martha Stewart?

Old 08-02-2012, 02:23 PM
n/a

richielion -
i searched 'romney tax info leaked to reid' and the articles that come up are hysterical; especially the ones by michelle malkin! and the reader comments at the end of them were funnier than some of the jokes in totv's 'just for fun' forum! if ya have some spare time do the search!

what could axelrod, plouffe or anyone have promised reid in exchange for his making such unfounded allegations? he's just not lobbing snowballs here - you are right about the criminal actions!
Old 08-02-2012, 02:34 PM
n/a

yes indeedy....show me the person who does not have the goal at the end of the year to pay as little or no taxes than absolutely required by law and I will show you a fibber or liar!!!!

Still waiting for issues of significance to America's future.

btk
Old 08-02-2012, 02:51 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
i can't see it that way. the attention has been brought and unrelentlessly pressed by the opposition - like a dog with a bone. your assumption that the release would be a one day/week story is highly unlikely! and as far as mccain, kerry, mitt's father or anyone else is concerned - they don't have a dog in this fight; so what they did is immaterial to present day.

hanging on to the tax return issue is just an opportunity for the oppositon to deflect the real issues in this election.
Senators McCain and Kerry, George Romney, George H W Bush, George W Bush, Bill Clinton, Ronald Reagan and others certainly did have a dog in the fight when they all released their tax returns. Republicans Bill Cristol and George Will and others have advocated to Romney to just get them out there and move on.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:25 PM
n/a

Like Jerry Senfeld would say "its all about nothing."
Old 08-02-2012, 03:29 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post

No, you don't have the correct information. Bain, not Bane, Capital is not the US Government. It is a crime for persons who work for the IRS to divulge information. It is not illegal for a private person to repeat the information they were told by the taxpayer (non-payer). Senator Reid is attempting to provoke Rmoney to release his returns by stating the worst case scenario. He claims he was told that Rmoney didn't pay taxes. He did not claim he has seen the returns nor that he is able to verify the claim, only that he has been given this information. Mitt can disprove it one simple way.

As for his history regarding his tax returns. I suggest you review his tax data for the time he was running for governor of MA. He claimed to the p ress that his taxes would show that he always had been a resident of MA even when he was living in Utah for the Olympics. MA law requires a candidate for governor to be a resident for each year for 7 yrs prior to running. Well, trust me says Mitt, I am a eligible, until he is forced by an investigation and it turns out he filed as a Utah resident in Utah, got a huge (over $40,000 tax credit there for his house) and filed his MA taxes as a nonresident, and he signed these forms under penalty of perjury.
Of course he then claimed he never actually reads his returns he just signs them. He does have a law degree by the way. So Mitt then retroactively changed his residency on his taxes, like he retroactively resigned from Bain. By the way at those eligibility hearings which happened after the 1999 Bain retirement retroactive date, Rmoney explained that of course he was a Mass resident as he was busy with his running of Bain.

So when Mitt tells you there is nothing to see in his taxes, he has a history of lying, or as he puts it, he doesn't know what is in them he just signs them. The AP asked if the he ever paid lower than the 13% rate in the one released year and he said he'd get back to them with information. They are still waiting.

I am typing this from memory and may have some minor details wrong, but the thrust of the post is correct.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:30 PM
n/a

I doubt there will be any criminal wrong doing, however, the loop holes used for years by his tax lawyers will make him look less of a patriot than if he would have paid for his ventures right up front. Saying I paid everything I was required by law as he has said openly, has a bit of a smell to it. Not rotten, but turning sour none the less.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:37 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
Senators McCain and Kerry, George Romney, George H W Bush, George W Bush, Bill Clinton, Ronald Reagan and others certainly did have a dog in the fight when they all released their tax returns. Republicans Bill Cristol and George Will and others have advocated to Romney to just get them out there and move on.
janmcn - i thought you knew - none of the presidents/candidates you list are running for election now...they and their taxes are history! lots of folks are advocating the same thing as cristol and will - can't help it if romney is smarter than they are! sheesh!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.