MORE interesting news...

Old 05-17-2012, 02:43 PM
n/a

Default MORE interesting news...

A quote from Obama in early 2008..

""I can no more disown [Jeremiah Wright] than I can disown the black community. I can no more disown him than I can my white grandmother."

then we have stuff like this...

"Obama has been known frequently to fictionalize aspects of his own life. During his 2008 campaign, for instance, Obama claimed that his dying mother had fought with insurance companies over coverage for her cancer treatments.

That turned out to be untrue, but Obama has repeated the story--which even the Washington Post called "misleading"--in a campaign video for the 2012 election."

I am still not a "birther" but add this link without my own verification but when you read it, you find they are not directly saying his birth was incorrectly reported but more how he seems to twist his own life to fit...

And if you read the link I hope you read the disclaimer at the beginning just to put this all in context.. But also recall, this is the man who said to Wright when his offer of hush money of $150,000.00 was turned down..."“Barack said, ‘I’m sorry you don’t see it the way I do. Do you know what your problem is?’ And I said, ‘No, what’s my problem?’ And he said, ‘You have to tell the truth."

"Breitbart News has obtained a promotional booklet produced in 1991 by Barack Obama's then-literary agency, Acton & Dystel, which touts Obama as "born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii."

The Vetting - Exclusive - Obama's Literary Agent in 1991 Booklet: 'Born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii'

NOTE...THIS IS FROM TODAYS NEWS...NOT OLDER NEWS
Old 05-17-2012, 03:48 PM
n/a

God bless the humble and the loyal. You have to Love Obama for standing my his minister even when he knew he was bad for his campaign.

Old 05-17-2012, 04:42 PM
n/a

Default Is This Really "More Interesting" News, Bucco?

"More"? Sounds like the same old rant against Obama and Reverend Wright that's been posted here for years now. And "interesting"? What's interesting about it? If the old saying asserting that " repitition is the sincerest form of flattery", whatever Obama has done sure seems to have impressed the people who keep writing and posting this stuff.

Do you think anyone here hasn't decided who they're going to vote for for POTUS in November? If not, all these revelations are doing nothing except using up internet band width.

How about some new revelations...like Obama learning political economics while sitting at the foot of Saul Alinsky? Or how Obama must have gotten into Harvard Law School and later chosen by the faculty to head The Harvard Law Review on phony academic credentials? Or how Obama was able to quash the law suits alleging that he didn't meet the residency requirements to be POTUS.

I'm sure everyone would be fascinated by a re-examination of those issues.
Old 05-17-2012, 04:55 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
"More"? Sounds like the same old rant against Obama and Reverend Wright that's been posted here for years now. And "interesting"? What's interesting about it? If the old saying asserting that " repitition is the sincerest form of flattery", whatever Obama has done sure seems to have impressed you.

Do you think anyone here hasn't decided who they're going to vote for for POTUS in November? If not, all these revelations are doing nothing except using up internet band width.

How about some new revelations...like Obama learning political economics while sitting at the foot of Saul Alinsky? Or how Obama must have gotten into Harvard Law School and later chosen by the faculty to head The Harvard Law Review on phony academic credentials? Or how Obama was able to quash the law suits alleging that he didn't meet the residency requirements to be POTUS.

I'm sure everyone would be fascinated by a re-examination of those issues.
How about in 1991 having his literary agent show his birthplace as Kenya ?

How about offering Wright $15000.00 to keep his mouth shut ?

How about alluding to Rev Wright's problem of "always have to tell the truth ?

None of these constitute a rehashing but a verification of the character of the man.

And add the constant lying about his background.

And gee...to your point, how about not allowing anyone to see even what courses he took at Harvard ?

Your defense of him is admirable.....tell me ONE President with all the shadows in his background ? Not important....I assume you have been reading about all the spending programs he intends to unleash ???

Sorry about "using up internet band width.: Please let us have a schedule of your posting so that we will not "waste" anything and can hang on your every word. If you don't say it, it cannot be true !!!

PS...I do apologize for taking up your time. This was in the news all day. It is NEW, not old. I think most on here do not want this type of campaign and have said so. I think most of the postings are simply trying to show the character of the man...trying to pay off the man to shut up is quite a statEment about the President of the US
Old 05-17-2012, 05:05 PM
n/a

VK.....I assume in your disgust you wrote the New York Times and castigated them for printing this story on their front page ? What a waste of newspaper space !
Old 05-17-2012, 05:51 PM
n/a

Divert and Ridicule................

.............and the beat goes on.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:04 PM
n/a

Default The Election Is in November

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
How about in 1991 having his literary agent show his birthplace as Kenya ?

How about offering Wright $15000.00 to keep his mouth shut ?

How about alluding to Rev Wright's problem of "always have to tell the truth ?

None of these constitute a rehashing but a verification of the character of the man.

And add the constant lying about his background.

And gee...to your point, how about not allowing anyone to see even what courses he took at Harvard ?

Your defense of him is admirable.....tell me ONE President with all the shadows in his background ? Not important....I assume you have been reading about all the spending programs he intends to unleash ???

Sorry about "using up internet band width.: Please let us have a schedule of your posting so that we will not "waste" anything and can hang on your every word. If you don't say it, it cannot be true !!!

PS...I do apologize for taking up your time. This was in the news all day. It is NEW, not old. I think most on here do not want this type of campaign and have said so. I think most of the postings are simply trying to show the character of the man...trying to pay off the man to shut up is quite a statEment about the President of the US
The election is in November, Bucco. We'll either have the guy you so distrust and detest for another four years, or Mitt Romney. Our electoral system will dictate the result.

I'm assuming we'll both be voting for Mitt Romney. Now the question seems to be whether Romney can get enough of the popular and electoral vote to win. If not, yes all this ranting about various factors of Obama's character will have been a complete waste of bandwidth.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:06 PM
n/a

Default Yes, Absolutely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
VK.....I assume in your disgust you wrote the New York Times and castigated them for printing this story on their front page ? What a waste of newspaper space !
Yeah, in my opinion it is a waste of newspaper space. I'd much rather that they devoted the space to an intelligent discussion of the issues and how each of the candidates might address them.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.