Morning/Mourning in America

Old 07-26-2012, 06:57 PM
n/a

Default Morning/Mourning in America

In 1984 a famous ad was put out by the Reagan campaign that set a new standard for modern political advertising with its "Morning in America" series, which included one of the greatest political ads of all time -- "Better, Prouder, Stronger."

The ad captured the times with America, under President Reagan, coming back and full of optimism and confidence in the future.

Today our reality is exactly the opposite. Americans are worried about their future and the future of their children. They're burdened by a government determined to implement policies that just don't work.

But now, like the Reagan ad, "Mourning in America" is offering new hope; hope that if we can just get our government to return to time tested policies that we can spark a rebirth of liberty, and we might, and our children might, have a chance to experience the American Dream once more.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU-IBF8nwSY&NR=1]Ronald Reagan TV Ad: "Its morning in america again" - YouTube[/ame]

Ronald Reagan TV Ad: "Its morning in america again" - YouTube

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YXqf_6ug54]Mourning in America - YouTube[/ame]

Mourning in America - YouTube
Old 07-26-2012, 08:42 PM
n/a

... and the best way to do this is to outsource jobs, close factories after selling off their assets, and offshore your profits to the Caymans?
Old 07-26-2012, 08:53 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
... and the best way to do this is to outsource jobs, close factories after selling off their assets, and offshore your profits to the Caymans?
You don't mince words do you? Thank God some folks still have clarity. Poor President Reagan, the john birch society is still alive and drag his body through the streets of America daily. What ever happened to RR's kind spirit in our politicians?
Old 07-26-2012, 08:59 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posh 08 View Post
You don't mince words do you? Thank God some folks still have clarity. Poor President Reagan, the john birch society is still alive and drag his body through the streets of America daily. What ever happened to RR's kind spirit in our politicians?
Confused, Posh. Wasn't the John Birch Society the one who saw Communists behind every fire hydrant? Sort of like some of the the uber-conservatives on this forum, aren't they?

Without looking it up on Google, who was John Birch?
Old 07-26-2012, 09:12 PM
n/a

Default to richie

richie, i posted that on my facebook page...such a stark difference from where we were in 1984!
Old 07-26-2012, 09:26 PM
n/a

wake me up if and when Romney up as much as Obama did overseas or when there is a discussion of issues like the economy just for starters.

Y'all are so easy to amuse with fly specs!!

btk
Old 07-26-2012, 09:28 PM
n/a

The John Birch Society was the first time in my memory hearing the term "right wing". They were extreme anti-communists, and opposed civil rights legislation, alleging the entire civil rights movement was a communist conspiricy. Named for a missionary turned spy who was killed by Chinese Communists at the end of WWII, and proclaimed the first victim of the cold war.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:59 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
The John Birch Society was the first time in my memory hearing the term "right wing". They were extreme anti-communists.
That is 100% correct - now, without the benefit of Google - who was John Birch?
Old 07-26-2012, 10:02 PM
n/a

Quote:
That is 100% correct - now, without the benefit of Google - who was John Birch?
I recalled the essence, but not the details, so looked it up. See my edited previous post.

PublicEye.org - The Website of Political Research Associates
n/a

Feel the love.

You hate filled revisionist liberals never disappoint.
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
wake me up if and when Romney up as much as Obama did overseas or when there is a discussion of issues like the economy just for starters.

Y'all are so easy to amuse with fly specs!!

btk
Don't have to be making fun of Mitt Romney - he is doing it to himself on his trip to England.

I really liked the quip by the Prime Minister of telling Romney running an Olympics "in the middle of nowhere" was a lot easier than in a city.

Do we have another Sarah Palin on our hands?
Old 07-26-2012, 10:07 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
Feel the love.

You hate filled revisionist liberals never disappoint.
Nor do you hate filled birchers.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:55 AM
n/a

Feel the hate......you right wingnuts never change.....and always disappoint.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:40 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
Nor do you hate filled birchers.
You unrepentant leftists have been trying to link the great Ronald Reagan to the birchers for years and it was bullcrap then and it's bullcrap now.

You'll never be able to tarnish the great legacy of Ronald Reagan who was the greatest president, bar none, this country has had in our lifetimes.

Obama will never be remembered as reverently, except by aging communists in a backstreet bar somewhere in the future.

http://www.britannica.com/blogs/2011...rial-election/
Old 07-27-2012, 08:57 AM
n/a

Quote:
Confused, Posh. Wasn't the John Birch Society the one who saw Communists behind every fire hydrant? Sort of like some of the the uber-conservatives on this forum, aren't they?

Without looking it up on Google, who was John Birch?
What confused you? Maybe you thought that I was tying RR to JB? No, that is not right but the Far Right would love to rework his memory and claim him.

Now has far as who was John Birch? Had no clue until Coach posted. The Society I was familiar with. Right wing nut jobs.

John Birch Society - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.