This nails it....a no doubt about it...

Old 04-27-2012, 09:01 PM
n/a

Default This nails it....a no doubt about it...

"As this election season unfolds, we are watching an age-old dream in politics go horribly smash. It isn't good for politics, and it sure isn't good for the country."

"Well, in recent years, we have seen the dream come true. And guess what? It is producing a mess. As each of the parties has moved toward ideological purity, our politics have become ever more polarized, our governing ever more paralyzed. Extremists increasingly run the show."

"Under heavy pressures for party conformity, legislation by nature becomes a more partisan undertaking. Hard to believe it now, but big programs like Medicare and Medicaid in the 1960s, or tax and Social Security reform in the 1980s, passed with broad bipartisan support."

This is not a partisan piece in any way shape or form, but it does hit out of the park as far as the direction this country is speeding toward.

What's wrong with American politics - CNN.com
Old 04-27-2012, 10:26 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
"As this election season unfolds, we are watching an age-old dream in politics go horribly smash. It isn't good for politics, and it sure isn't good for the country."

"Well, in recent years, we have seen the dream come true. And guess what? It is producing a mess. As each of the parties has moved toward ideological purity, our politics have become ever more polarized, our governing ever more paralyzed. Extremists increasingly run the show."

"Under heavy pressures for party conformity, legislation by nature becomes a more partisan undertaking. Hard to believe it now, but big programs like Medicare and Medicaid in the 1960s, or tax and Social Security reform in the 1980s, passed with broad bipartisan support."

This is not a partisan piece in any way shape or form, but it does hit out of the park as far as the direction this country is speeding toward.

What's wrong with American politics - CNN.com
It's an interesting article, and it's thought provoking. I have to say though that what excites me is that the story was published in left leaning CNN. What do I make of that?

When liberals start complaining about the political process it's because of fear and worry.

I'm going to keep my eye on the liberal media. This is getting rich.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:07 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
It's an interesting article, and it's thought provoking. I have to say though that what excites me is that the story was published in left leaning CNN. What do I make of that?When liberals start complaining about the political process it's because of fear and worry.

I'm going to keep my eye on the liberal media. This is getting rich.
That is the point of the article. We all tend to use party line first even when we know it is the wrong way to go. I have been witnessing for ever that although I am a Republican, I see wrong doing in and by my Party. Some folks are too rigid or simple minded to admit that the other party is ever right about anything anytime and I am constantly attacked by my own party for not condemning any and all policies not signed sealed and delivered by the Hard Right of the Republican Party. It is not that way with my personal friends that are republicans, just on this forum, so please feel comforted in the knowing that not all republicans think the Liberal Democrats are destroying this country.

Love
The Villager II

NOTE: When we talk as Right or Left we are all idiots. If we could see that we are all Americans and not enemies, we can start to heal.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:17 AM
n/a

Default Amen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villager II View Post
That is the point of the article. We all tend to use party line first even when we know it is the wrong way to go. I have been witnessing for ever that although I am a Republican, I see wrong doing in and by my Party. Some folks are too rigid or simple minded to admit that the other party is ever right about anything anytime and I am constantly attacked by my own party for not condemning any and all policies not signed sealed and delivered by the Hard Right of the Republican Party. It is not that way with my personal friends that are republicans, just on this forum, so please feel comforted in the knowing that not all republicans think the Liberal Democrats are destroying this country.

Love
The Villager II

NOTE: When we talk as Right or Left we are all idiots. If we could see that we are all Americans and not enemies, we can start to heal.
Soooooo true!
Old 04-28-2012, 06:00 AM
n/a

Can we all just get along?
Old 04-28-2012, 07:46 AM
n/a

just be reminded that for the most part, most of us do get along without the need for partisan pandering.

We unfortunately live in a time when minority reporting seems to be the mode of communicating.

The radicals and the snipers and the insulters and the die hards are in the minority but get the spot light....and as per usual the majority loses out.

I find it easier to ignore/block the known minority noise and enjoy the rest of the world that has a lot in common.

btk
Old 04-28-2012, 08:42 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villager II View Post

Love
The Villager II

It's only when liberals are threatened or feel fear that they decry the system of government.

I'm looking at the big picture here. If you want to get righteous, it proves my point further.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:49 AM
n/a

Rich,what is your point?
Old 04-28-2012, 08:51 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynet View Post
Rich,what is your point?
If you don't get, you don't get it.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:12 AM
n/a

Default It Is Broken

...and those elected really don't care. Many of those who do care are giving up and won't take their seats in January, 2013.

Think Greece. If we were lucky, I 'd say think The Netherlands. But our electeds are so self-centered, they'd never quit just because they couldn't 't get the job done.

Like I said...think Greece.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:22 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
...and those elected really don't care. Many of those who do care are giving up and won't take their seats in January, 2013.

Think Greece. If we were lucky, I 'd say think The Netherlands. But our electeds are so self-centered, they'd never quit just because they couldn't 't get the job done.

Like I said...think Greece.
HOLY COW...VK is back. Thought you gave up on the Greece thing after you convinced me a while back !!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.