Catholics and Trump

Old 10-12-2016, 12:44 AM
n/a

Default Catholics and Trump

I wonder if the strong reaction to Donald Trumps comments may be an overreaction. I spent most of my youth in the South Bronx and part of it in the U.S. Army and it was not the first time I heard words such as he uttered 11 years ago. Perhaps he asked Gods forgiveness but no one ever asked him the question. He said he was sorry and apologized. No matter. He said he did not act out on his words. Never mind. Rabid condemnation followed. Everyone threw a stone. Forgiveness forgotten. Mob rule. Crucify him. Crucify him. This is not what I was taught in Catholic Grammar School and High School. We should all examine our conscience.

Interesting that Catholics embraced JFK, RFK and Teddy, never once calling for them to step down for their actions. Hookers in the White House. Marilyn Monroe. Need I say more? Teddy even killed a young women and there was no reaction. He was later called "The Lion of the Senate". But Donald Trumps words from. 11 years ago brings out the pearl clutchers and calls to drop out of the race for President. Mind boggling.

The recent email dump shows unbelievable hostility from the Hillary Clinton Campaign towards Catholics, saying we are backward and a bastardized religion. " Friggin Murdoch even Baptized his child a Catholic" was one of the comments. Total hostility toward Catholics. Deplorable and Irredeemable! Add this together with the abortion issue, particularly partial birth abortion and selling of body parts and the support by Catholics for Hillary Clinton is astonishing. Perhaps those so critical of Trumps language should watch the Trump tape again and then go to witness a partial birth abortion with a scissor taken to the head of a baby and based on those two events, choose their candidate? Then live with your choice.
Old 10-12-2016, 03:54 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I wonder if the strong reaction to Donald Trumps comments may be an overreaction. I spent most of my youth in the South Bronx and part of it in the U.S. Army and it was not the first time I heard words such as he uttered 11 years ago. Perhaps he asked Gods forgiveness but no one ever asked him the question. He said he was sorry and apologized. No matter. He said he did not act out on his words. Never mind. Rabid condemnation followed. Everyone threw a stone. Forgiveness forgotten. Mob rule. Crucify him. Crucify him. This is not what I was taught in Catholic Grammar School and High School. We should all examine our conscience.

Interesting that Catholics embraced JFK, RFK and Teddy, never once calling for them to step down for their actions. Hookers in the White House. Marilyn Monroe. Need I say more? Teddy even killed a young women and there was no reaction. He was later called "The Lion of the Senate". But Donald Trumps words from. 11 years ago brings out the pearl clutchers and calls to drop out of the race for President. Mind boggling.

The recent email dump shows unbelievable hostility from the Hillary Clinton Campaign towards Catholics, saying we are backward and a bastardized religion. " Friggin Murdoch even Baptized his child a Catholic" was one of the comments. Total hostility toward Catholics. Deplorable and Irredeemable! Add this together with the abortion issue, particularly partial birth abortion and selling of body parts and the support by Catholics for Hillary Clinton is astonishing. Perhaps those so critical of Trumps language should watch the Trump tape again and then go to witness a partial birth abortion with a scissor taken to the head of a baby and based on those two events, choose their candidate? Then live with your choice.
Excellent post!

Tags
catholics, words, trumps, abortion, mind

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.