Nuclear Agreement

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
 
Thread Tools
  #106  
Old 04-08-2015, 08:05 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Take your dose of reality. You cannot speak about your knowledge unless you have seen it personally.
Surely you jest.
Then you are inferring all accounts of RECOED regarding North Koreas lack of caring for it's people are incorrect.
You also infer more crdibilty for Iran's care of it's people because of.......what is it that we missed?
You are entitled to your opinion. You just happen to be wrong on this issue. It happens.
  #107  
Old 04-08-2015, 09:00 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Take your dose of reality. You cannot speak about your knowledge unless you have seen it personally.
Some people, apparently including you based on your comments, simply REFUSE to "take a dose of reality." This mindset genuinely defies logic and common sense. Maybe you can explain where it comes from? Is it religious, political, philosophical or what?

Ben Franklin once said the following and it applies to people like you who "refuse' to learn or accept the obvious based on the experience of others. ""Experience is a teacher whom the wise will consult as rarely as possible" meaning that learning things the hard way is not the smart way. Do you need to "experience" the whiff of cordite smoke, or the heat of a blast to understand we are at potential danger down the road.??

I think some (maybe you, not sure) are simply, and understandably, afraid of the threats we face. They are indeed sobering. Thus, the least scary way to deal with it is to deny they exist.
  #108  
Old 04-08-2015, 09:02 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I didn't say it was a strategy. I said "I Hope", as in me, the private citizen. I'm not the Secretary of State or the President.

The Iranians have a relatively new government and the people are struggling under the collapse of oil prices and sanctions from the international community. "I HOPE" they would like to see a better future for their people than what they currently have.

All I can do is "guess" what might happen, just like everyone else on this board.
You are suffering from the delusion that the "people" of Iran have a voice in the matter. The last time they raised their voices, the government crushed them. Obama also ignored them for that matter.
  #109  
Old 04-08-2015, 09:22 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
You are suffering from the delusion that the "people" of Iran have a voice in the matter. The last time they raised their voices, the government crushed them. Obama also ignored them for that matter.
Iranians have a new President that appears to be a bit more moderate than the previous. All news coming out of Iran has been very positive, concerning the potential future agreement. At least, the news I have seen.

I don't believe I am delusional. I'm not an uneducated person; have travel the world and lived in many foreign countries, during my career. Certainly, I am not an expert on foreign policy, but like others, I have an opinion. I simply don't subscribe to the apocalyptic scenerio that others describe on this board.
  #110  
Old 04-08-2015, 09:44 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Iranians have a new President that appears to be a bit more moderate than the previous. All news coming out of Iran has been very positive, concerning the potential future agreement. At least, the news I have seen.

I don't believe I am delusional. I'm not an uneducated person; have travel the world and lived in many foreign countries, during my career. Certainly, I am not an expert on foreign policy, but like others, I have an opinion. I simply don't subscribe to the apocalyptic scenerio that others describe on this board.
That may be what you see, think or conclude but in most cases is incorrect.
Some of us are in fact learning and have learned from the past. Some obviously have not or sa you said simply ignore it.

North Korea is a perfect eaxample, like it or not. The status of the people are not a priority. Proven time and time again. They also round up and kill those who disagree with them.

I am afraid you are assigning too much hope on Iran's new leader who is merely the public face of Iran. The same Ayotallah and his followers are in real command. They have shown no hesitation to put down and kill those of their people who do not conform. Their belief is if you are not one of them you are inferior....an infidel.....and they belive infidels should be removed.

Back to North Korea....how many agreements have the been a party to signing? Many over the years, usually tied to wanting something in return. Then to only violate and go back to their original ways. This mentality has survived the old guard and the very youngest of them. One can hope there will be change here too......but I think we have learned.

The only reason Iran is in the negotiations is to get the economic sanctions lifted. Period end of any need for much analysis. They too have shown their heritage and their legacy is that of Islam without any doubt. They are most definitely playing Obama and the others involved. They are sponsors of terrorism who would anihalate us in a heart beat...they have said they would.

Feel free to cling to your hope.

Another model? Take a look at Syria. Another country that does not hesitate one nano second to eliminate whole segments of their population if they are deemed unworthy. The too are sponsers of terrorism in the world. We have negotiated, played nice nice with the leadership only for them to continue supporting those who openly claim to remove us from the face of the planet.

Nuclear deterrance has served the USA and it's adversaries for many, many years. The thought of mutual self destruction has been the stabalizing catalyst. The radicals who are involved in Iran, Syria and North Korea would not be deterred by something like deterrance. By their very actions for hundreds of years they will use the weapons they have.

By the way while you are hoping, why is it OK for Iran to want to have nuclear weapons?
  #111  
Old 04-08-2015, 05:31 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
That may be what you see, think or conclude but in most cases is incorrect.
Some of us are in fact learning and have learned from the past. Some obviously have not or sa you said simply ignore it.

North Korea is a perfect eaxample, like it or not. The status of the people are not a priority. Proven time and time again. They also round up and kill those who disagree with them.

I am afraid you are assigning too much hope on Iran's new leader who is merely the public face of Iran. The same Ayotallah and his followers are in real command. They have shown no hesitation to put down and kill those of their people who do not conform. Their belief is if you are not one of them you are inferior....an infidel.....and they belive infidels should be removed.

Back to North Korea....how many agreements have the been a party to signing? Many over the years, usually tied to wanting something in return. Then to only violate and go back to their original ways. This mentality has survived the old guard and the very youngest of them. One can hope there will be change here too......but I think we have learned.

The only reason Iran is in the negotiations is to get the economic sanctions lifted. Period end of any need for much analysis. They too have shown their heritage and their legacy is that of Islam without any doubt. They are most definitely playing Obama and the others involved. They are sponsors of terrorism who would anihalate us in a heart beat...they have said they would.

Feel free to cling to your hope.

Another model? Take a look at Syria. Another country that does not hesitate one nano second to eliminate whole segments of their population if they are deemed unworthy. The too are sponsers of terrorism in the world. We have negotiated, played nice nice with the leadership only for them to continue supporting those who openly claim to remove us from the face of the planet.

Nuclear deterrance has served the USA and it's adversaries for many, many years. The thought of mutual self destruction has been the stabalizing catalyst. The radicals who are involved in Iran, Syria and North Korea would not be deterred by something like deterrance. By their very actions for hundreds of years they will use the weapons they have.

By the way while you are hoping, why is it OK for Iran to want to have nuclear weapons?
Excellent post ... the bothersome thing is you would think this would be intuitive and even self evident. But, even after you lay it out, some leftward leaning souls will still opt for "hope" or for "the people" to sort things out.

I'm reminded of the line from American Sniper where the Dad is teaching the young boys there are three types of animals in the world: wolf, sheep and sheep dogs.

No matter what one says, about the only time the sheep finally understand the realities is when they become the wolves' dinner.
 

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:03 AM.