Obama appoints transgender to advisory council

Old 05-19-2016, 07:18 AM
n/a

As long as whoever it is is qualified I really don't give a _ats @ss. And no one else should either. If this admin. and others would stop making such a big deal over acceptance and equality perhaps we'd actually learn just to be neighborly and work together and not need someone who thinks they're our father figure(and smarter than everyone else in the room). So it would be nice if we had someone qualified be the white house. And please don't say Hillarity....she's actually bunged up every job she's ever had....she's even lousy at being a woman.
Old 05-19-2016, 07:21 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
They advise, not judge. Someone else takes the advice and judges.

Next you bring up your pet peeve, again. One that has been inserted in so many discussions, germane or not. Give it a rest.

The original post quotes the Bible. Red didn't bring it up.
You think it wise to take the advice of someone so "out there"?

People still believe the lies, it must be brought up as long as people believe the lies.

Can't you read? Red DID bring it up. My point to Red was that he shouldn't concern himself with people "Cherry picking" the Bible because religion is fake.
Old 05-19-2016, 07:25 AM
n/a

Quote:
As long as whoever it is is qualified I really don't give a _ats @ss. And no one else should either. If this admin. and others would stop making such a big deal over acceptance and equality perhaps we'd actually learn just to be neighborly and work together and not need someone who thinks they're our father figure(and smarter than everyone else in the room). So it would be nice if we had someone qualified be the white house. And please don't say Hillarity....she's actually bunged up every job she's ever had....she's even lousy at being a woman.
You don't think was a more qualified...person...out there? This is political...ALL appointments are political...they have NOTHING to do with being "the best".

Yes, PLEASE, stop with all the equality BS and let things go as they naturally should.

We don't need the "government father figure" telling us, forcing us, to do things their way.

She's lousy at being a person, leave it at that.
Old 05-19-2016, 07:28 AM
n/a

Quote:
You think it wise to take the advice of someone so "out there"?

People still believe the lies, it must be brought up as long as people believe the lies.

Can't you read? Red DID bring it up. My point to Red was that he shouldn't concern himself with people "Cherry picking" the Bible because religion is fake.
original post

"The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God. "Deuteronomy 22:5

I can read. It's your "all religion is false agenda" again. Bill Maher and George Carlin do it better then you. You might want to quote them. At least it would be funny. Why do you think Red is a man?
Old 05-19-2016, 07:37 AM
n/a

Quote:
original post

"The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God. "Deuteronomy 22:5

I can read. It's your "all religion is false agenda" again. Bill Maher and George Carlin do it better then you. You might want to quote them. At least it would be funny. Why do you think Red is a man?
Stop referencing it or quoting it and I'll stop bringing up that it's false and shouldn't be referenced or quoted. It's like saying everyone is equal. No, they're not, every time you say it wrong, I'll correct you there too.

I'm not trying to be funny...are you?

Maybe you should listen to both of them if plain honest talk isn't opening up your eyes.

I don't care what Red is...I call everyone I don't know who they are a he, if it offends you, I don't care.

Now...have an opinion about something? Or just disagree because you've been told to by "an authority"?
Old 05-19-2016, 07:45 AM
n/a

Quote:
Stop referencing it or quoting it and I'll stop bringing up that it's false and shouldn't be referenced or quoted. It's like saying everyone is equal. No, they're not, every time you say it wrong, I'll correct you there too.

I'm not trying to be funny...are you?

Maybe you should listen to both of them if plain honest talk isn't opening up your eyes.

I don't care what Red is...I call everyone I don't know who they are a he, if it offends you, I don't care.

Now...have an opinion about something? Or just disagree because you've been told to by "an authority"?
The op quotes the Bible. Red responded.
I know Carlins and Mahers work quite well. I'll give you an example. In 1999 in an HBO special Carlin said security at the airports was a joke. They check passengers for bombs but allow knives. Was that prophetic?
I do listen to experts. That rings true. Who doesn't?
Old 05-19-2016, 08:22 AM
n/a

Okay, kids, let's at least be semi-accurate. The OP may not have been the one to bring up Deutronomy but someone did and I mentioned it since, unless you follow ALL of the Biblical guidelines, you are being hypocritical to bring up the ones you like especially with the odds being that even your loved don't follow the specific guideline you're quoting. My personal beliefs are absolutely irrelevant to this discussion. Whether you believe that the Bible is the word of God or not is also irrelevant. Someone could as easily quote Twain or Proust or Freud or Dr. Seuss. People quote what they feel is relevant. It may or may not reflect personal beliefs.

Are people equal? Not really. Some are more intelligent. Some are stronger. And so on and so forth. However, people should have an equal chance to succeed, at least in America and that is not always the case. (and, as Boomer would say, I digress.)

For someone to denigrate another for believing in God just because they don't is, to me, offensive at best. To keep railing about the fact that people are not equal is specious. To continually harp that women or people of color can't do a white man's job is downright stupid. I can't be a heavy equipment operator or even do hard manual labor. I don't have the skills for one nor the strength for the other. Neither do a lot of men. I could learn to run the equipment and become as qualified as any man. I could never develop the strength to dig a ditch or carry heavy loads, though. Not because I'm female (I am female, BTW), but because I'm just not physically built that way and because I have some very real physical issues. I could become a doctor or an attorney or a scientist if I chose to get the education for those careers. I certainly have the intelligence.

Okay, boys, feel free to continue sniping at each other but try to remain civil.

Red
Old 05-19-2016, 08:40 AM
n/a

Quote:
Okay, kids, let's at least be semi-accurate. The OP may not have been the one to bring up Deutronomy but someone did and I mentioned it since, unless you follow ALL of the Biblical guidelines, you are being hypocritical to bring up the ones you like especially with the odds being that even your loved don't follow the specific guideline you're quoting. My personal beliefs are absolutely irrelevant to this discussion. Whether you believe that the Bible is the word of God or not is also irrelevant. Someone could as easily quote Twain or Proust or Freud or Dr. Seuss. People quote what they feel is relevant. It may or may not reflect personal beliefs.

Are people equal? Not really. Some are more intelligent. Some are stronger. And so on and so forth. However, people should have an equal chance to succeed, at least in America and that is not always the case. (and, as Boomer would say, I digress.)

For someone to denigrate another for believing in God just because they don't is, to me, offensive at best. To keep railing about the fact that people are not equal is specious. To continually harp that women or people of color can't do a white man's job is downright stupid. I can't be a heavy equipment operator or even do hard manual labor. I don't have the skills for one nor the strength for the other. Neither do a lot of men. I could learn to run the equipment and become as qualified as any man. I could never develop the strength to dig a ditch or carry heavy loads, though. Not because I'm female (I am female, BTW), but because I'm just not physically built that way and because I have some very real physical issues. I could become a doctor or an attorney or a scientist if I chose to get the education for those careers. I certainly have the intelligence.

Okay, boys, feel free to continue sniping at each other but try to remain civil.

Red
I totally and completely disagree. Anybody who is willing to make the sacrifices and put in the effort to be better than anybody else at what they do can in fact rise through the ranks and to the top.

In my day it did not matter if the playing field was level. Or if everybody had the same opportunity. Or if the whites did better (or not). All this sort of crap is the 21st century BS about equality. And there have already been many threads about why that is nothing more than a political, special interest, minority group farce.

The only contestents that make it to the olympics are the ones, regardless of color, race or religion or level playing field or not, etc....are those who put in the long hard days and nights to be better than the rest. Working harder to make the cut.

There is no difference in achieving what ever one would like to be in America.

If one cannot cut it....step aside.....and not complain to the likes of Obama and the permissive, anything goes distorted view Americans to get it done.....without the effort and sacrifice.

Isn't it terrible? I can't even use the phrase...there is no free lunch......because that is what we have become.....where's my free lunch.

While the moochers are grazing and complaining the hale and hearty go getters will still rise to the top.

Just do it!
Old 05-19-2016, 08:50 AM
n/a

Quote:

Red
I agree with everything you said and I think I have been civil. This is the original post in it's entirety:

President Obama Announces More Key Administration Posts | whitehouse.gov

Barbara Satin Member, Presidents Advisory Council on Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships

Obama appointed a mentally unstable tranny to his advisory council. Barbara Satin (who knows what his real name is) is Obama's choice to lead the council on "Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships. Wow!

"She is an active member of the United Church of Christ and served on the denomination's Executive Council as its first openly transgender member. "

Satin was married and has three children and he has served in the Air Force (as a MAN), until his medical discharge due to a kidney infection.

Once again Obama gives other nations another reason to laugh at America.
Old 05-19-2016, 09:51 AM
n/a

Satin has a mental issue, so why did Obama choose him? That makes one question Obama's judgement. Whether you believe the Bible, is really just a moot point when it comes to mental stability and how to handle it. Do you treat it or do you encourage it? Satin likes to make believe he is a female. Does he realize he is a male but WANTS to be a female, therefore dresses like one, or does he think that he is a female? He produced three children, so he did at one time understand that he is a male. Having unstable persons in gov positions is not the best way to social engineer, because it could put our nations security at risk.

Abnormal behavior is an American right, but it should not be forced on the American people to accept it as normal.

As far as those that are non-Bible believers, you are in the minority. It is your right NOT to believe, but not very intelligent to admit it when experts and scholars have attempted to disprove it for centuries, and failed. Your denial is just as abnormal as Satin believing he is a female, and just as unconvincing.

And to Red, I believe that you understand the Bible quote as much as any other believer, even if you are attempting to take it out of context when you mention a spouse wearing blue jeans. A woman wearing blue jeans is not attempting to convince others that she is a male. And the quote is exactly that, warning one not to attempt to pass yourself off as the opposite sex. You don't have to believe, but for those that do believe, it's a warning.

Regardless of the addition of the Bible quote, the point of the thread is that Obama's choices or judgement is questionable by a large portion of America's population. His choice in this case, is and should be open for debate. It is one thing to treat a person with dignity and respect, and another thing to encourage mental instability. That's my take on the issue.
Old 05-19-2016, 12:09 PM
n/a

Quote:
Satin has a mental issue, so why did Obama choose him? That makes one question Obama's judgement. Whether you believe the Bible, is really just a moot point when it comes to mental stability and how to handle it. Do you treat it or do you encourage it? Satin likes to make believe he is a female. Does he realize he is a male but WANTS to be a female, therefore dresses like one, or does he think that he is a female? He produced three children, so he did at one time understand that he is a male. Having unstable persons in gov positions is not the best way to social engineer, because it could put our nations security at risk.

Abnormal behavior is an American right, but it should not be forced on the American people to accept it as normal.

As far as those that are non-Bible believers, you are in the minority. It is your right NOT to believe, but not very intelligent to admit it when experts and scholars have attempted to disprove it for centuries, and failed. Your denial is just as abnormal as Satin believing he is a female, and just as unconvincing.

And to Red, I believe that you understand the Bible quote as much as any other believer, even if you are attempting to take it out of context when you mention a spouse wearing blue jeans. A woman wearing blue jeans is not attempting to convince others that she is a male. And the quote is exactly that, warning one not to attempt to pass yourself off as the opposite sex. You don't have to believe, but for those that do believe, it's a warning.

Regardless of the addition of the Bible quote, the point of the thread is that Obama's choices or judgement is questionable by a large portion of America's population. His choice in this case, is and should be open for debate. It is one thing to treat a person with dignity and respect, and another thing to encourage mental instability. That's my take on the issue.
Agree with everything but...

Actually there is NO evidence to support a "God". You cannot disprove something, you must prove it. There is no proof. The Bible stories are all copies of earlier stories. Jesus "The God" was made up by Paul. I can go on and on... ALL religions are false.

Funny, a Christian will tell you that Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, and all the rest are all false. But can't comprehend that his religion too, is false. Same with a Muslim. Same with a Jew.
Old 05-19-2016, 12:21 PM
n/a

Quote:

Actually there is NO evidence to support a "God". You cannot disprove something, you must prove it. There is no proof. The Bible stories are all copies of earlier stories. Jesus "The God" was made up by Paul. I can go on and on... ALL religions are false.

Funny, a Christian will tell you that Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, and all the rest are all false. But can't comprehend that his religion too, is false. Same with a Muslim. Same with a Jew.
Regardless of whether your opinion is accurate or not, the liberal needed a point to use as a diversion from the thread. This is not about anyone's religious faith, but about the debate as to whether or not Obama used poor judgement by selecting this gender confused guy on the advisory council.

A debate about religion is not political in this case. Judgement is the political theme of the thread.
Old 05-19-2016, 12:25 PM
n/a

Quote:

You seem to be a bit ignorant of the Bible, if you think that the whole New Testament was made up by Paul. And you seem to totally disregard the Old Testament. But, that is a discussion for another time.
Old 05-19-2016, 12:36 PM
n/a

Quote:

I have never heard of a Christian that claims Judaism to be false, maybe incomplete but not false. Deuteronomy is part of the Hebrew Old Testament as well as the Torah, just a fyi.
Old 05-19-2016, 12:50 PM
n/a

If your issue was Obama's judgment in appointing someone who is mentally ill, then that is what should have been said. There should have been no reference to the Bible. It was irrelevant if that was your argument. If your argument was that it is an abomination for a man to dress as a woman or to behave as a woman, then it should be an abomination when a woman does the same. Ditto when a woman demands that she be considered for a job for which she is fully qualified.

Ms. Satin was born a man. After numerous psychological and physical tests, physicians and psychiatrists determined that she really was a woman trapped in the wrong body. Having sex change surgery is vastly different from cross-dressing. It is a series of painful operations. Fortunately, medical science has reached the point where transgender people can be helped. Obviously, I don't agree that Ms. Satin is mentally ill since I have not seen her psychiatric records, so I don't question President Obama's judgment on this issue.

Red

Tags
council, obama, man, satin, advisory

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.