rights of protesters

Old 07-11-2016, 10:16 AM
n/a

Default rights of protesters

Given the diversity of political views on this forum, I'd like to hear what people think about protesters blocking traffic on interstate highways. Regardless of leaning left or right, does anyone think this is appropriate? And what should be done about it? It doesn't matter if the protesters are black lives matter, the NRA, or the KKK.

I'll go first: I feel this is the equivalent of yelling "fire" in a crowded theater. What right do these people have to deny my use of the highway that I pay for? If it were up to me, I'd bring in giant construction bulldozers and just plow the road, just as if it were covered with garbage.
Old 07-11-2016, 10:54 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Given the diversity of political views on this forum, I'd like to hear what people think about protesters blocking traffic on interstate highways. Regardless of leaning left or right, does anyone think this is appropriate? And what should be done about it? It doesn't matter if the protesters are black lives matter, the NRA, or the KKK.

I'll go first: I feel this is the equivalent of yelling "fire" in a crowded theater. What right do these people have to deny my use of the highway that I pay for? If it were up to me, I'd bring in giant construction bulldozers and just plow the road, just as if it were covered with garbage.
That sounds like a viable solution to me.
Old 07-11-2016, 11:08 AM
n/a

Someone was blocking the aisle in Publix today. That really makes me mad!
Old 07-11-2016, 11:22 AM
n/a

No, the blocking of highways is not the appropriate way to have a protest march - for any groups.

As for plowing through them - remember the scene at Tianamin Square in China - where the Army tank ran over a protester. That is not appropriate to end a protest march.
Old 07-11-2016, 11:28 AM
n/a

Having been subjected to these kind of protests on the Oakland-Bay Bridge more than once, I can attest to the dangers and irritation caused by the protestors. Peaceful marches are wonderful things and have actually helped make a difference. Protests like those described simply cause resentment and create animosity towards the issues being protested.
Old 07-11-2016, 11:44 AM
n/a

Quote:
No, the blocking of highways is not the appropriate way to have a protest march - for any groups.

As for plowing through them - remember the scene at Tianamin Square in China - where the Army tank ran over a protester. That is not appropriate to end a protest march.
Remember it well. That being said, the protesters have the choice of getting out of the way. Also, while it might be extremely CARELESS, or even NEGLIGENT to use a bulldozer, I would have no INTENTION of hurting anyone, and therefore according to the FBI, no criminal charges
Old 07-11-2016, 11:54 AM
n/a

Quote:
Remember it well. That being said, the protesters have the choice of getting out of the way. Also, while it might be extremely CARELESS, or even NEGLIGENT to use a bulldozer, I would have no INTENTION of hurting anyone, and therefore according to the FBI, no criminal charges
Cute analogy - maybe you could hope for a prosecutor who graduated from Trump University!
Old 07-11-2016, 11:56 AM
n/a

Quote:
Cute analogy - maybe you could hope for a prosecutor who graduated from Trump University!
no, I'd just hope for Jim Comey and Loretta Lynch
Old 07-11-2016, 12:35 PM
n/a

I believe protests are a wonderful manner to express our grievances. But once protests move from freedom of expression to actions that damage persons places and things and/or move on to anarchy well then you are talking about another kind of animal.

Universities have made it clear that certain speakers are not welcome to speak at their events Condi Rice, Jason Riley , Hirshi Ali etc because they invoke trigger warnings, micro aggresions and require the need for safe spaces those are also the sort of protests that are wrong because we all are deserving of our rights of freedom, speech religion and associations.

I may not like what you say but if you say and conduct yourself in a civil manner then basically that's all I care about

However, I am concerned about protesting leading to rioting etc at both the Democratic and Republican Conventions

Personal Best Regards:
Old 07-11-2016, 01:14 PM
n/a

I'm curious to know what the protesters will look like. Any predictions?
Old 07-11-2016, 01:27 PM
n/a

Quote:
I'm curious to know what the protesters will look like. Any predictions?
Do you remember the pictures of the "Occupy Wall Street" crowd?
Old 07-11-2016, 01:45 PM
n/a

Quote:
Do you remember the pictures of the "Occupy Wall Street" crowd?
Take a look at these photos.
Occupy Wall Street Spreads Beyond NYC - The Atlantic

It's now been three weeks since the "Occupy Wall Street" protests began in New York City's Financial District, and the movement has grown, spreading to other cities in the U.S. Protesters have organized marches, rallies, and "occupations" from Boston to Boise, Los Angeles to New Orleans, Seattle to Tampa. Using social media, handmade signs, and their voices, they are voicing anger at financial and social inequality and protesting the influence of corporate money in politics. Seattle police recently arrested 25 protesters camping out in Westlake Park, following on the heels of 700 arrests on New York's Brooklyn Bridge last week. Collected here are a some of the scenes from these protests across the U.S. over the past week, as the movement moves forward with no signs of slowing.

[take a look,,even if you just like photography they are interesting]

Is this the kind of crowd you envision?

They don't look to scary to me. I think the protesters will not look so old, white or middle class.
Old 07-11-2016, 01:52 PM
n/a

Quote:

It's now been three weeks since the "Occupy Wall Street" protests began in New York City's Financial District, and the movement has grown, spreading to other cities in the U.S. Protesters have organized marches, rallies, and "occupations" from Boston to Boise, Los Angeles to New Orleans, Seattle to Tampa. Using social media, handmade signs, and their voices, they are voicing anger at financial and social inequality and protesting the influence of corporate money in politics. Seattle police recently arrested 25 protesters camping out in Westlake Park, following on the heels of 700 arrests on New York's Brooklyn Bridge last week. Collected here are a some of the scenes from these protests across the U.S. over the past week, as the movement moves forward with no signs of slowing.

They don't look to scary to me. I think the protesters will not look so old, white or middle class.
What did they look like at the 3 MONTH mark???? And what did the area they "occupied" look like? Please skip the revisionist history, they were a bunch of filthy bums and everyone knows it.
Old 07-11-2016, 03:03 PM
n/a

Quote:

Of course not, the occupy wall street crowd is the young, lazy and entitled.

Tags
protesters, matter, people, fire, deny

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.