Obama "guarantees" justice department will not protect Clinton!?

Old 04-13-2016, 06:48 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Possible--but asking Sanders base, a collection of young people and intellectuals to make an angry vote for a republican is not likely. If they didn't read, comprehend and know what was in the country's best interest they wouldn't be his his base.
I don't think that I said that Bernies people would vote for a Republican. But, I do suggest that they won't turn out to vote. The Dems are already suffering at least a 20% decrease in voter turnout in the primaries, with the Republicans gaining at least 50% gain in voter turn out in most of the state primaries.
Old 04-13-2016, 07:09 PM
n/a

Quote:
I don't think that I said that Bernies people would vote for a Republican. But, I do suggest that they won't turn out to vote. The Dems are already suffering at least a 20% decrease in voter turnout in the primaries, with the Republicans gaining at least 50% gain in voter turn out in most of the state primaries.
good point
Old 04-13-2016, 10:16 PM
n/a

Quote:
That would be something. Is it exactly the same backers paying both parties the same amount?

Is that information kept confidential?
I'm not sure, but here is a link showing the two parties' income of over $300 million each for 2016, and this is tax exempt income I'm pretty sure-- an IRS 527 organization I think I read elsewhere.

The watchdog group at this link notes this is not the donations the CANDIDATES get from donors. This is the parties' donation income.

See:

https://www.opensecrets.org/parties/
Old 04-14-2016, 10:58 AM
n/a

Quote:
I'm not sure, but here is a link showing the two parties' income of over $300 million each for 2016, and this is tax exempt income I'm pretty sure-- an IRS 527 organization I think I read elsewhere.

The watchdog group at this link notes this is not the donations the CANDIDATES get from donors. This is the parties' donation income.

See:

Thank-you for the link.

Maybe I didn't word the question in the way I meant it.

There is speculation that Wall Street Lobbyists have so much money that they can afford to support all candidates for both parties.

I looked at the watchdog list and could not pick out the donors that would support this accusation.
Old 04-14-2016, 01:05 PM
n/a

Quote:

See:

Open secrets is a contradiction of terms. If the numbers are known, then what is the secret? The funds the parties receive is small in comparison to the funds sitting in the 501(4)c charitable organization. These charitable organizations are political action groups. Both parties have them. The IRS law states that they can not perform any political activity. The IRS isn't enforcing the law as written. They are using 50% as the law, which is a joke.

I really like Biden/Warren against Kasich/Rubio. I don't give a damn, what the party higher ups have to do to get there. Just like in golf, who cares how the ball got there as long as the out come is good.

There was talk about Bernie's crowd not voting, if he isn't the nominee.
The same holds true for the Republicans, if Trump isn't the nominee. At least Bernie isn't whining like a baby every day about the process like Trump does all the bleepin time. The Republican will get hit either way, if Trump is the nominee. His people will get out and vote, but the party faithful might not.

Tags
system, protect, clinton, department, guarantees, justice, obama

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.