Demonizing Russia: The Psychology and Consequences of Neo-Mccarthyism

Old 04-18-2017, 08:01 AM
n/a

Default Demonizing Russia: The Psychology and Consequences of Neo-Mccarthyism

Demonizing Russia: The Psychology and Consequences of Neo-Mccarthyism | OffGuardian

"Clinton used these and other statements to weave the narrative that Trump is “Putin’s puppet”. The mainstream media, and left-leaning blogosphere took that narrative and ran with it. Those who didn’t were labeled “fake news”, and attacked as collaborators. The goal was to capitalize on existing anti-Russian sentiment by attaching it to Trump and his supporters (and to pressure those on the fence distance themselves). This wasn’t just innuendo. Take this headline from Buzzfeed for example: Trump Supporters Love Russia And Think CNN And The New York Times Are “Fake News”. Or this one from TheWeek: Why are Republicans so blindly backing Trump over Russia?
This is an age-old political tactic. Guilt by association and honor by association (aka acquired equivalence) may be logical fallacies, but they are highly effective… most of the time.
Studies have shown that not only does guilt by association transfer negative sentiments from an individual who is disliked to the target in question, but also to anyone associated with them."
Old 04-18-2017, 08:04 AM
n/a

Trying to clean up your precious Donald and his contacts to Mother Russia?
Old 04-18-2017, 08:27 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Trying to clean up your precious Donald and his contacts to Mother Russia?
Actually, I am just looking into quacks like you that parrot liberal talking points, or quips from your boyfriend,... and your mental health. I am interested in where you get your false information regarding any political ties Trump might have with Russia. I would probably take you seriously, IF there had ever been any evidence, other than what crooked Killary said in her campaign. From my research, I have come to the conclusion that all the hype is just hysteria by you libtards that need counseling due to all of the stress of LOSING. Just trying to see it from your perspective. I have come to the conclusion that I should feel some semblance of sympathy for your loss.
Old 04-18-2017, 10:59 AM
n/a

Quote:
Demonizing Russia: The Psychology and Consequences of Neo-Mccarthyism | OffGuardian

"Clinton used these and other statements to weave the narrative that Trump is “Putin’s puppet”. The mainstream media, and left-leaning blogosphere took that narrative and ran with it. Those who didn’t were labeled “fake news”, and attacked as collaborators. The goal was to capitalize on existing anti-Russian sentiment by attaching it to Trump and his supporters (and to pressure those on the fence distance themselves). This wasn’t just innuendo. Take this headline from Buzzfeed for example: Trump Supporters Love Russia And Think CNN And The New York Times Are “Fake News”. Or this one from TheWeek: Why are Republicans so blindly backing Trump over Russia?
This is an age-old political tactic. Guilt by association and honor by association (aka acquired equivalence) may be logical fallacies, but they are highly effective… most of the time.
Studies have shown that not only does guilt by association transfer negative sentiments from an individual who is disliked to the target in question, but also to anyone associated with them."
The website being used as source is listed as one of the top 100 RUSSIAN PROPOGANDA SITES. It will allow you to visit all of them if you visit that site.
Old 04-18-2017, 12:32 PM
n/a

Quote:
The website being used as source is listed as one of the top 100 RUSSIAN PROPOGANDA SITES. It will allow you to visit all of them if you visit that site.
Great! Have you ever not been critical of a link that someone has posted on here that you didn't agree with the subject matter? I've even posted links to the Washington Post, NY Times and even Huffington Pravda.

But, thanks for your input. I'll file it right where I file anything else you post....in the "Insists he is a conservative" file.
Old 04-18-2017, 12:36 PM
n/a

Quote:
Great! Have you ever not been critical of a link that someone has posted on here that you didn't agree with the subject matter? I've even posted links to the Washington Post, NY Times and even Huffington Pravda.

But, thanks for your input. I'll file it right where I file anything else you post....in the "Insists he is a conservative" file.
I check websites that I either KNOW or SUSPECT are fake news and most are Russia oriented.

When I check it is at that point not about the subject matter.

If you read these sites or depend on them for news, or real information, you are doing yourself a very large disfavor.
Old 04-18-2017, 12:38 PM
n/a

Quote:
I check websites that I either KNOW or SUSPECT are fake news and most are Russia oriented.

When I check it is at that point not about the subject matter.

If you read these sites or depend on them for news, or real information, you are doing yourself a very large disfavor.
What about all that information from WikiLeaks?

I was really glad Wiki leaked if you want to know the truth.
Old 04-18-2017, 01:38 PM
n/a

Quote:
So, what part of the article did you not agree with? Did you find any inaccuracies in it? Perhaps I can get you one that you would agree with, such as Al Jezeera?
Old 04-18-2017, 01:40 PM
n/a

Quote:
So, what part of the article did you not agree with? Did you find any inaccuracies in it? Perhaps I can get you one that you would agree with, such as Al Jezeera?
I do not read RUSSIAN propaganda sites. Why do you ?
Old 04-18-2017, 01:45 PM
n/a

Quote:
What about all that information from WikiLeaks?

I was really glad Wiki leaked if you want to know the truth.
"CIA Director Mike Pompeo slammed WikiLeaks as a “non-state hostile intelligence service” Thursday, but during the presidential campaign, he and now-President Donald Trump were all but singing the organization’s praises.

Pompeo declared it is, “time to call out WikiLeaks for what it really is -- a non-state hostile intelligence service often abetted by state actors like Russia,” a stark departure from comments he and Mr. Trump made months earlier, after WikiLeaks released thousands of emails revealing the inner-workings and woes of the Democratic National Committee. Pompeo on Thursday also accused WikiLeaks of collaborating with the Russian government -- a government Mr. Trump has hesitated to criticize -- to push out information with the agenda of weakening western democracies. "

Pompeo slams WikiLeaks, but he and Trump tweeted praise of WikiLeaks during campaign - CBS News

"CIA Director Mike Pompeo on Thursday called WikiLeaks a "hostile intelligence service," using his first public speech as spy agency chief to denounce leakers who have plagued U.S. intelligence.

Pompeo, in an address at the Center for Strategic and International Studies think tank, called WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange "a fraud" and "a coward."

"It is time to call out WikiLeaks for what it really is, a non-state hostile intelligence service often abetted by state actors like Russia," Pompeo said."

CIA chief calls WikiLeaks a 'hostile intelligence service'
| Reuters

A small foot note to that....

"In The Five Weeks Before The 2016 Presidential Election, Fox News’ Evening Programs Devoted At Least 173 Segments To Wikileaks Disclosures Of Stolen Emails."

This stuff must not be covered where you get your news
Old 04-18-2017, 01:53 PM
n/a

Quote:
You read American propaganda sites instead? Why?
Old 04-18-2017, 01:55 PM
n/a

Quote:
You read American propaganda sites instead? Why?
Funny.....I bet you really make yourself laugh at lot while playing with yourself in the basement.

Man, I took you sleaze balls of my ignore list but simply wise ass remarks and touting lies simply bores me.

bye
Old 04-18-2017, 01:56 PM
n/a

Quote:
"CIA Director Mike Pompeo slammed WikiLeaks as a “non-state hostile intelligence service” Thursday, but during the presidential campaign, he and now-President Donald Trump were all but singing the organization’s praises.

Pompeo declared it is, “time to call out WikiLeaks for what it really is -- a non-state hostile intelligence service often abetted by state actors like Russia,” a stark departure from comments he and Mr. Trump made months earlier, after WikiLeaks released thousands of emails revealing the inner-workings and woes of the Democratic National Committee. Pompeo on Thursday also accused WikiLeaks of collaborating with the Russian government -- a government Mr. Trump has hesitated to criticize -- to push out information with the agenda of weakening western democracies. "

Pompeo slams WikiLeaks, but he and Trump tweeted praise of WikiLeaks during campaign - CBS News

"CIA Director Mike Pompeo on Thursday called WikiLeaks a "hostile intelligence service," using his first public speech as spy agency chief to denounce leakers who have plagued U.S. intelligence.

Pompeo, in an address at the Center for Strategic and International Studies think tank, called WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange "a fraud" and "a coward."

"It is time to call out WikiLeaks for what it really is, a non-state hostile intelligence service often abetted by state actors like Russia," Pompeo said."

CIA chief calls WikiLeaks a 'hostile intelligence service'
| Reuters

A small foot note to that....

"In The Five Weeks Before The 2016 Presidential Election, Fox News’ Evening Programs Devoted At Least 173 Segments To Wikileaks Disclosures Of Stolen Emails."

This stuff must not be covered where you get your news
And YOUR thoughts? I thought WikiLeaks was all true. I thought that it showed just what people did and thought and said when they thought no one was looking. I think it is far more helpful than this forum when hardly no one wants anyone to know who they really are.

It helps to know a person's background, what they did before they did what they are doing now.
Old 04-18-2017, 02:02 PM
n/a

Quote:
Funny.....I bet you really make yourself laugh at lot while playing with yourself in the basement.

Man, I took you sleaze balls of my ignore list but simply wise ass remarks and touting lies simply bores me.

bye
Rocky, you should be ashamed of yourself for that language! You sound just like Tal when he gets worked up. Just before he starts screaming. Are you going to scream now?
Old 04-18-2017, 02:10 PM
n/a

Quote:
You don't even know what you read, do you? You don't even know how many media sites are owned or partnered with former KGB or Russian intelligence. For instance the Women's International Democratic Federation here in the U.S.A was subsidized by the USSR. And many sites today are controlled by G. Soros, a WWII war criminal and commie.
Why be closed minded? I though you liberals were open minded and tolerant.

Tags
trump, association, russia, “fake, narrative

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.