Paranoid schizophrenic and guns

Old 01-13-2018, 04:35 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
It was an ambush but in an apartment (close range) and I'm going to assume the cops were wearing vests. I'm thinking he either had to have a bump stock or a very large clip. Any idea how he did it. My question is should we limit magazines to 10 rounds to give the cops something of a chance.

Drug-related --> Type 2 law --> bad ---> side step the whole stupid affair by repealing the Type 2 law.

Old 01-13-2018, 04:41 PM
n/a

Quote:
It was an ambush but in an apartment (close range) and I'm going to assume the cops were wearing vests. I'm thinking he either had to have a bump stock or a very large clip. Any idea how he did it. My question is should we limit magazines to 10 rounds to give the cops something of a chance.
A rifle round has little trouble going through a vest. As another poster stated four rounds could have been enough. This was in Colorado right? Magazines are already limited to 10 rounds.

You don't need a bump stock. Accuracy counts.. With a bump stock you're just spraying and praying..
Old 01-13-2018, 05:15 PM
n/a

Quote:
From your previous posts you seem to be a stickler for accuracy. So, you might want to educate yourself as to the differences between a 'magazine' and a 'clip'. While many incorrectly use the terms interchangeably, they differ in construction and purpose.
I"ll look it up.
Old 01-13-2018, 05:16 PM
n/a

Quote:
A rifle round has little trouble going through a vest. As another poster stated four rounds could have been enough. This was in Colorado right? Magazines are already limited to 10 rounds.

You don't need a bump stock. Accuracy counts.. With a bump stock you're just spraying and praying..
Even assault rifle? I thought they were a smaller round.
Old 01-13-2018, 06:00 PM
n/a

50 BMG...I don't have anything that has that much powder behind it.

I had a Browning BAR in 300 win mag. It would reach out to 900 yards no problem, but my shoulder hated shooting it.

My 243 will reach out to 700 yards with little drop. I can count the eyelashes on a prairie dog at 500 yards with my optics, but 2 miles is way more money.

I am a good shooter, I can often outshoot a person with their own firearm.

Limiting magazine size will not solve the problem. These nut jobs want name recognition as a villain. I have said it multiple times; the only way is to change the attacks is to change the culture, portrait them as the COWARD they are. Nobody wants to be remembered as a COWARD that shot unknowing and / or unarmed people

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 01-13-2018, 06:16 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbete View Post
I have AR's chambered in:
17HMR (smaller than a 22 cal)
223 / 5.56
243 win
300 blackout

You can get ARs chambered up to 50BMG...The Canadian that got the 2 mile kill was shooting a TAC 50.

The AR platform is a terrific platform for rifles. They are better in recoil reduction, have great accuracy, are highly reliable in cycling rounds, and can easily be stripped down for service in the field. If you ever traveled to shoot, you would understand the value of a gun with those attributes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 01-13-2018, 06:42 PM
n/a

Quote:
I"ll look it up.
This link may be of some assistance:

magazine vs clip difference - Google Search
Old 01-13-2018, 08:20 PM
n/a

Quote:
Actually there is no such thing as an "Assault Rifle".. It's a term made up by politicians and the media.

There are bolt action rifles, Semi-Automatic rifles and Automatic rifles.. I guess there are others such as muzzle loaders but those are the main categories.

Even though Assault rifle has become an excepted term, it still only applies to military automatic rifles, not civilian semi-automatic rifles. Unless of course you are a politician or the media trying to scare the public.

As far as an AR-15 type ammo going through a vest? Very easily. Rifle rounds, though often have a smaller diameter, they travel at a much higher velocity than a pistol round. Police vests are designed to defend against pistol ammo. If you throw in steel tipped (or as the media likes to refer to as Armor Piercing) it makes a standard vest seem like butter.
Old 01-13-2018, 10:55 PM
n/a

Thank you for the information, it was helpful.
Old 01-14-2018, 01:33 AM
n/a

Quote:
Actually there is no such thing as an "Assault Rifle".. It's a term made up by politicians and the media.

There are bolt action rifles, Semi-Automatic rifles and Automatic rifles.. I guess there are others such as muzzle loaders but those are the main categories.

Even though Assault rifle has become an excepted term, it still only applies to military automatic rifles, not civilian semi-automatic rifles. Unless of course you are a politician or the media trying to scare the public.

As far as an AR-15 type ammo going through a vest? Very easily. Rifle rounds, though often have a smaller diameter, they travel at a much higher velocity than a pistol round. Police vests are designed to defend against pistol ammo. If you throw in steel tipped (or as the media likes to refer to as Armor Piercing) it makes a standard vest seem like butter.

Oy...

Old 01-14-2018, 07:28 AM
n/a

Quote:
Oy...

Well you didn't type ... so I guess we should consider that progress..
Old 01-14-2018, 08:21 AM
n/a

Quote:
Being that you are a Liberty-illiterate, a political scumbag, and a royal-we using social twerp, I'd say there's no progress at all.
Old 01-14-2018, 08:42 AM
n/a

Quote:
Being that you are a Liberty-illiterate, a political scumbag, and a royal-we using social twerp, I'd say there's no progress at all.
I just love it when you talk dirty to me..
Old 01-14-2018, 09:01 AM
n/a

Quote:
Quote:
I just love it when you talk dirty to me..
Quote:
... plus definitely unserious, and possibly perverted. ... Just what's needed on Political Forum, good for property values too.
Old 01-14-2018, 09:03 AM
n/a

Quote:
... plus definitely unserious, and possibly perverted. ... Just what's needed on Political Forum, good for property values too.
Well, if you're the epitome of what's good for the Villages I'm glad I don't live there yet. Because I'm sure you don't add to the property values.

Tags
family

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.