"A" perspective of Barrack Hussein Obama?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Old 04-24-2008, 05:40 PM
n/a

Default "A" perspective of Barrack Hussein Obama?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I received this from a good friend this morning:

http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/video.aspx?RsrcID=2036

I have not researched the origin of the video yet....but intend to.
I send it to this forum as I have other friends...to encourage finding out as much as possible about ANY of the candidates.

The unexplained refusal to salute the flag properly, or wear the flag pin, and tolerance of Rev. Wright including appointing him as spiritual leader of his campaign is extremely disconcerting to me.....all of which were issues before this video of course!

Populism is not the way to support a potential leader of this country and that is what is happening...

If he happens to get nominated there will be more forthcoming about where Obama's head and heart really is!!

BTK

Old 04-24-2008, 07:00 PM
n/a

Default Re: "A" perspective of Barrack Hussein Obama?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I haven't watched the video, but I did see Mr. Obama explain the flag saluting thing the other night on the news. There was something floating around the internet on this (email) which I assume is the same thing on the video. He said regarding the picture in the email, the flag was actually behind him, and there was a person speaking in front of him, and he was listening to the person, so he didn't feel it was appropriate to salute the flag which was behind him, in that particular situation.

I have seen numerous pictures of him saluting the flag, so in my opinion it is erroneous for anyone to suggest that he "refuses to salute the flag properly."

As far as the flag pin,this is what he told ABC news: The Illinois senator answered the question at length, explaining that he no longer wears such a pin, at least in part, because of the Iraq War.

"You know, the truth is that right after 9/11, I had a pin," Obama said. "Shortly after 9/11, particularly because as we're talking about the Iraq War, that became a substitute for I think true patriotism, which is speaking out on issues that are of importance to our national security, I decided I won't wear that pin on my chest.

"Instead," he said, "I'm going to try to tell the American people what I believe will make this country great, and hopefully that will be a testimony to my patriotism. I'm less concerned with what you're wearing on your lapel than what's in your heart," Obama said Thursday while campaigning in Independence, Iowa.

"You show your patriotism by how you treat your fellow Americans, especially those who serve. And you show your patriotism by being true to your values and ideals. And that's what we have to lead with, our values and ideals," Obama said.

Personally, I would never judge a person's patriotism by whether or not he/she wears a pin. In my mind, a person's actions define whether or not they're a patriot, and it sounds like that is what Obama is saying.

Old 04-24-2008, 11:24 PM
n/a

The video is no longer viewable......apparently generated too much heat!

Once again someone doing the thinking for the masses!!!

BTK
Old 04-25-2008, 12:55 AM
n/a

A man who calls himself an American and consciously removes the American Flag from his lapel and claims to replace his patriotism with his thoughts and ideas is to me a scary person and I fear that the Muslim members will be dancing in the streets if he were elected president. Dear God don't let that happen :'(
Handie :joke:
Old 04-25-2008, 01:30 AM
n/a

QUOTE....
I will not read the political forum any more

A man who calls himself an American and consciously removes the American Flag from his lapel and claims to replace his patriotism with his thoughts and ideas is to me a scary person and I fear that the Muslim members will be dancing in the streets if he were elected president. Dear God don't let that happen :'(
Handie :joke:..........UNQUOTE

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
Old 04-25-2008, 02:00 AM
n/a

I love this country with a passion -- I don't like everything about it but I love it nonetheless. I am about as pro-military as a non-combatant can ever be. I am also very anti-war. You will never see me with a flag pin on my body. I don't need to demonstrate my love for this country with a symbol. It shows in my comments, my thoughts and my deeds. Sorry if I scare you, Handie.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:24 AM
n/a

You nailed it, Red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch
I love this country with a passion -- I don't like everything about it but I love it nonetheless. I am about as pro-military as a non-combatant can ever be. I am also very anti-war. You will never see me with a flag pin on my body. I don't need to demonstrate my love for this country with a symbol. It shows in my comments, my thoughts and my deeds. Sorry if I scare you, Handie.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:29 AM
n/a

Red

but I do wear a Flag pin occasionally...as I do Christmas pins, Valentine pins, shamrock pins, bunny pins, witch/ghost pins, and turkey pins...

I don't care what pins people wear or not wear.
Old 04-25-2008, 03:59 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by handieman
Dear God don't let that happen :'([/center]

I'm scared to death. This is a very frightening thought. I don't wear Flag pins but I do love this country and I'm extremely fearful of the Muslim's hatred for us. They will go to any extreme lengths to hurt us, without question.

I have never posted on Political thread and never will again, but I can't let this go without giving my opinion and support to Handie's statement.

Kath
Old 04-25-2008, 05:33 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by handieman
Handi, do you wear a flag pin? This, my dear, is ridiculous! Should we judge you on your actions and your deeds??? Think about it. Do you think a flag pin absolves you of any wrongdoings you might have taken part in? This, as usual, is much ado about nothing. I would like everyone of you that wears a flag pin, everyday, to please step forward. And please don't give me that stupid argument (But, we're not running for President!) It doesn't hold water. I agree with Red. It's actions and good deeds that make a man. Think about it Handi.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:37 AM
n/a

It's actions and good deeds that make a man. :bigthumbsup:
Old 04-25-2008, 10:49 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightspot01
Red

but I do wear a Flag pin occasionally...as I do Christmas pins, Valentine pins, shamrock pins, bunny pins, witch/ghost pins, and turkey pins...

I don't care what pins people wear or not wear.
Thank you Brightspot and Red -- the voice of reason.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:59 AM
n/a

I'd also like to add, what is scary to me is people who base their vote on meaningless things like whether or not someone wears a flag pin, rather than the so many important issues we have at stake in this country. Anyone who goes thru the rigors of the campaign trail, opening up their lives and their families lives to incredible public and media scrutiny is obviously making the supreme patriotic sacrifice, and I respect them all, no matter what party they belong to.

And sorry, I really don't get the logic - "muslims will be dancing in the streets", because Obama was elected without wearing a flag pin? Get a grip....
Old 05-04-2008, 08:16 PM
n/a

Not wearing a pin, and everyones panties in a knot....... shallow.
Never wearing a pin......... screams volumes. Your not listening.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:21 PM
n/a

Actually, I am listening, quite carefully as a matter of fact. The last time I wore a flag pin I think I was 13 or 14. Haven't worn one since. I don't need a symbol to show my love of this country. I don't think Obama does, either. If someone wants to wear a pin or have a flag on their golf cart, good for them. I just refuse to accept that not doing so makes someone less of a patriot.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.