"A" perspective of Barrack Hussein Obama?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Old 05-07-2008, 11:10 PM
n/a

Default Re: "A" perspective of Barrack Hussein Obama?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I think this thread is pretty much a waste of time. When someone won't vote for Obama because they're afraid of Muslims (he's not nor has he ever been a Muslim) or because he doesn't wear a flag pin because states he wants to be judged on his actions rather than shallow symbols, it speaks volumes to me. Obviously the posters wouldn't vote for him no matter what he did. He could tatoo his entire body with the American flag and it wouldn't be good enough. These people aren't listening to the facts - they're hyped up against him based on emotions, not facts or logic. Some people are like that. They may not like him because he's black, or because he's Democrat, or whatever, but there's obviously some sort of negative emotional trigger.

This political forum would be much more interesting if people would debate the issues -- remember them? The war, the economy, etc..???
Old 05-07-2008, 11:19 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Dancer
This political forum would be much more interesting if people would debate the issues -- remember them? The war, the economy, etc..???
You don't consider the platform of the Presidential candidates an issue? We can debate the war, economy, etc. but not to relate those to the candidates is absurd during this election year.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:24 PM
n/a

Quote:
I think this thread is pretty much a waste of time. When someone won't vote for Obama because they're afraid of Muslims (he's not nor has he ever been a Muslim) or because he doesn't wear a flag pin because states he wants to be judged on his actions rather than shallow symbols, it speaks volumes to me. Obviously the posters wouldn't vote for him no matter what he did. He could tatoo his entire body with the American flag and it wouldn't be good enough. These people aren't listening to the facts - they're hyped up against him based on emotions, not facts or logic. Some people are like that. They may not like him because he's black, or because he's Democrat, or whatever, but there's obviously some sort of negative emotional trigger.

Old 05-07-2008, 11:33 PM
n/a

Quote:
The problem with that is what's to debate -- the economy is in the toilet; the war is an obscenity. GWB has hurt this nation more than I even care to think about, let alone discuss.

I'll debate the silly things like flag pins and salutes so that maybe, just maybe, I can get one person to understand that Obama should not be condemned for trivial issues. If you're afraid he'll become president, give me a concrete reason why -- not his genetic makeup; not his parents; not something as dumb as whether or not he'll wear a flag pin or salute during the anthem.

BTW -- For those who missed it, CNN has now debunked the myth that Obama attended a Muslim school in Jakarta -- he spent two years in a Catholic school there and two years in a public school. His birth father was NOT a Muslim. In fact, he was an atheist.

McCain scares me. I truly do believe he'll pull us right into Iran. Now is not the time for a hawk to be president.

I preferred Hillary over Obama. However, it doesn't look like that's a choice I'll get. I've heard reference after reference that Obama missed many roll calls in the U.S. Senate and has an absymal record. According to the Washington Post, McCain has missed the most votes since announcing his candidacy -- 58.5%; Obama 40.3%; Clinton 29.9%. (http://projects.washingtonpost.com/c.../vote-missers/) Given those stats, why isn't McCain's lack of voting mentioned?

So, Dancer, while it would be nice to get down to brass tacks, it seems most don't want to. They'd rather elect someone who may just be the wrong man by slandering another and bringing up trivia and acting as if it (1) matters and (2) is written on stone in blood.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:01 AM
n/a

Red, I agree with you, unfortunately. Slander seems to be the name of the game. That's how Bush in large part got elected the last time. I just hope that the majority of Americans are smart enough to see beyond that a second time around. I'm also hoping that the enthusiasm Obama has generated among young people will pan out for him. Its great that he has mobilized these young voters and given them hope.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:55 AM
n/a

Keep up the good posts Lil Dancer!
Old 05-08-2008, 12:45 PM
n/a

Great post, Lil Dancer!
Old 05-28-2008, 10:01 PM
n/a

I am not a Obama supporter.....

It scares me that his middle name is being used to spread fear...also the video says that Obama went to a Muslim school...that is simply not true.

I don't have a flag on my chest or my car but after 9/11 when I went outside the US all my shirts, socks and at least one pair of my shoes had one. I have 2 nephews in the military...one who has been to Iraq 4 times and has a Purple Heart. I don't support the war, never did....got the finger from many as they passed by an antiwar demonstation I attended as my nephew was sailing off to war.

We have a really bad economy....high gas prices and still our soldiers are in a Civil War. John McCain says they will be there for 100 years and he voted against the GI Bill. Give me a break.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:16 AM
n/a

The pin issue by itself is minor ....but add the comments from his wife, and especially from his pastor of twenty years...GD America. How many of you would have sat thru those sermons?
Old 05-29-2008, 05:32 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAB
The pin issue by itself is minor ....but add the comments from his wife, and especially from his pastor of twenty years...GD America. How many of you would have sat thru those sermons?
I believe we are supposed to be voting for the candidate....not his wife nor his pastor. I know Nancy Reagan was very much into astrology..something I don't believe in but I voted for Reagan. Also I think that Rev White has proved himself to somewhat self absorbed..were he a true friend of Obama he would have gone and sat in a corner, however he basked in the light of his 15 mins of fame.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:10 AM
n/a

Well said, ColoGal.
Old 05-29-2008, 01:55 PM
n/a

ColoGal.
The more they try to damage Obama with these topics, the more I realize they are desperate to assasinate his character.
Old 05-29-2008, 05:30 PM
n/a

The "pin" issue may have been taken to a degree far greater than it's worth. That being said, symbolism is very important for anyone wanting to represent him/herself as a leader of this nation.

Leaders, and what they may do, are often interpreted not by just their words, but by their body language, dress, and general comportment. That's not just in the case of folk whose votes are being sought, but also by those whose actions (i.e., foreign leaders) may be influenced by them. There is an expectation that the leaders of this nation will appear at official functions in the "corporate uniform" of the job, and (for example) not wearing the equivalent of a leather vest, jeans and cut-away gloves (my preferred wardrobe). For the Chief Executive, over the years it has become customary to display a lapel flag-pin (Democrats and Republicans have both done it) as a matter of unity and national pride.

The candidates are representing themselves not only to the voters of this country, but also to all foreign leaders as well. How the candidates act, react and display themselves is indeed being evaluated outside the US, and within by every embassy and foreign mission that is resident here.

That's just the way it is.....
Old 05-29-2008, 05:48 PM
n/a

You know wearing a lapel pin is very important to me. It shows respect to the flag and the men and women who have died for us. I have three POW/MIA caps that I wear at times when I'm out and about. I wore them in TV. The reason is I want people to look at my cap and remember, even if it is for a second, the POW/MIA still unaccounted for and the life they gave for us. To me "Lest we forget" is meant for the people who weren't there and yes, the wearing of a Flag Pin means alot to the people who were....
Old 05-29-2008, 09:19 PM
n/a

Interesting position statement ???

http://www.macsmind.com/wordpress/20...disarm-america

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.