Planned Parenthood

Old 08-07-2015, 11:17 AM
n/a

[QUOTE=Guest;1097005]Even though I am pro-life, I will admit that making the decision to terminate a pregnancy is a very personal one and IMO one that is made between the person involved and their maker. I feel that all women deserve a chance to be educated and counseled before making that decision and should have the opportunity to review ALL the options available to them. I also believe that after education and counseling, a waiting period should be suggested before making the decision.
QUOTE]

Friend,

You may not realize it but how you described your beliefs - you are Pro-Choice! Congratulations! Lots of Pro-Choice people feel the same way you feel. They are against abortion themselves but realize it is the personal choice for each woman to make herself.

You agree that it is a very personal choice and one that the mother has to make between herself and God. Yes, education and counseling are both good to have when making the decision - but ultimately, the decision is the CHOICE of the pregnant woman - not the ruling of legislators.
Old 08-07-2015, 11:36 AM
n/a

It's also "pro-choice" when an armed robber decides whether or not to shoot the clerk of the store. Both are killing a human.

It seems to me that there are a lot of folks with guilty consciences that are trying to get someone else to say that they were right in their decision to end a life. Regardless of attempted justification, if you abort then that's your legal choice. But planned parenthood is cutting up the pieces of that baby and selling them. Abortion is being brought into the issue because the folks that say they don't care about the selling of body parts are trying to assuage a guilty conscience by use of the legality of abortion.
Old 08-07-2015, 12:07 PM
n/a

[QUOTE=Guest;1097011]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Even though I am pro-life, I will admit that making the decision to terminate a pregnancy is a very personal one and IMO one that is made between the person involved and their maker. I feel that all women deserve a chance to be educated and counseled before making that decision and should have the opportunity to review ALL the options available to them. I also believe that after education and counseling, a waiting period should be suggested before making the decision.
QUOTE]

Friend,

You may not realize it but how you described your beliefs - you are Pro-Choice! Congratulations! Lots of Pro-Choice people feel the same way you feel. They are against abortion themselves but realize it is the personal choice for each woman to make herself.

You agree that it is a very personal choice and one that the mother has to make between herself and God. Yes, education and counseling are both good to have when making the decision - but ultimately, the decision is the CHOICE of the pregnant woman - not the ruling of legislators.
Well, call me whatever you want, but I am pro-life. I would always choice life and would encourage anyone who came to me for advice to do the same. What I was am saying was, ULTIMATELY it is between the person and God. It is not something you can force another person to do or not. From my perspective, when God creates, He does not make mistakes no matter how the child was conceived.

I will agree with you on one thing though, that this should not be a political issue - it is a moral and ethical issue. I have said in other threads that the use of abortion as a means of birth control has gotten totally out of hand. The disregard for life by way of abortion on demand is an abomination to me. I'm not so sure many pro-choice people would feel as I do.
Old 08-07-2015, 12:11 PM
n/a

[QUOTE=Guest;1097028]
Quote:

Well, call me whatever you want, but I am pro-life. I would always choice life and would encourage anyone who came to me for advice to do the same. What I was am saying was, ULTIMATELY it is between the person and God. It is not something you can force another person to do or not. From my perspective, when God creates, He does not make mistakes no matter how the child was conceived.

I will agree with you on one thing though, that this should not be a political issue - it is a moral and ethical issue. I have said in other threads that the use of abortion as a means of birth control has gotten totally out of hand. The disregard for life by way of abortion on demand is an abomination to me. I'm not so sure many pro-choice people would feel as I do.
Sorry for all the typos.....that's what happens when I try to respond on the fly. Second sentence should read, " I would always CHOOSE life...." and the next sentence, "What I was saying was,...." Hopefully you get the gist.
Old 08-07-2015, 12:25 PM
n/a

[QUOTE=Guest;1097028]
Quote:

Old 08-07-2015, 02:50 PM
n/a

Quote:
Actually, I am a Republican and a lawyer.
and what type of law did you practice?

Personal Best Regards:
Old 08-07-2015, 04:35 PM
n/a

Quote:
and what type of law did you practice?

Personal Best Regards:
International Law
Old 08-07-2015, 04:45 PM
n/a

Quote:
International Law
Methinks, with no facts to substantiate, that this poster has a fleeting relationship with truth and a strong sense that he/she is humorous.
Old 08-07-2015, 04:55 PM
n/a

The poster on page 23 considers him/her self to be pro-life. Well, they actually are Pro-Choice from what they say. They, themself, would never consider abortion but realizes it is a CHOICE each pregnant mother must make for herself. It is a tough decision but still is a CHOICE for that person to make. It is NOT a decision that is made by a bunch of legislators.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:29 PM
n/a

Quote:
The poster on page 23 considers him/her self to be pro-life. Well, they actually are Pro-Choice from what they say. They, themself, would never consider abortion but realizes it is a CHOICE each pregnant mother must make for herself. It is a tough decision but still is a CHOICE for that person to make. It is NOT a decision that is made by a bunch of legislators.
What does that have to do with the subject. Do you feel all tingly because you think you made some kind of personal observation? Besides, you may be wrong in your assumption. He/she said that they are pro-life. He personally is pro-life. He/she also said that he/she realizes that it is the personal choice of the pregnant woman. By law, it is. Try not to assume.
Old 08-07-2015, 06:59 PM
n/a

Quote:
What does that have to do with the subject. Do you feel all tingly because you think you made some kind of personal observation? Besides, you may be wrong in your assumption. He/she said that they are pro-life. He personally is pro-life. He/she also said that he/she realizes that it is the personal choice of the pregnant woman. By law, it is. Try not to assume.
Get back down your troll hole. You have been told you are not relevant.

Scat!
Old 08-07-2015, 07:04 PM
n/a

Quote:

Scat!
Really?!? Is that all you can come up with when someone disagrees with you or engages you in a debate?? How embarassing
Old 08-07-2015, 07:07 PM
n/a

Quote:

Scat!
No one has ever suggested such a thing to me. What are you speaking of? Trolls are usually associated with liberals. I read that person's comment, and saw it differently than you. You jumped on that person attempting to deny his/her claim to be pro-life. I believe you are wrong. You obviously have me confused with someone else. If you can't take someone disagreeing with you, then maybe you are on the wrong forum.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:31 PM
n/a

How do women who have had abortions feel about donating fetal tissue to medical research? I reached out to eight of them—ages 22 to 69—to get their personal thoughts. They all told me they supported this research. Those who didn’t donate said they would have done so, had it been an offered. Those who did donate said that knowing they were helping others made them feel much better. Here are their words:

“[When they asked me if I wanted to donate] I thought right away it was a good idea. My dad always donated blood. My sister is a biologist. I didn’t really think twice. It helped me process the sense of loss and grieving to know that at least something good was coming out of it.” —36-year-old artist, Arizona

“I have always felt like stem cell research and using fetal tissue from abortion or miscarriage has been necessary. It’s disappointing to see [the issue] brought up in this way. I wasn’t given the option of what to do with my fetal tissue. Had I had the option, I would have loved to donate.” —22-year-old college student, California

“It’s clear that [these videos are] an attack aimed on Planned Parenthood—and to make sure that folks who are the most vulnerable don’t have access to basic health care. If I’d had the option to donate I would have. [Pro-life activists] are trying to invalidate the decisions of women who have an abortion and who choose to donate the tissue to give back to science. People donate tissue all the time. They do it with umbilical cords. I think shaming people for making that decision is really horrible.” —29-year-old writer, Washington, D.C.

“They asked and I said, yeah. Why not if you’re going to use it for science? I honestly felt fine with it. I think it’s ridiculous that people will do anything to try to shut Planned Parenthood down. When I went there, I felt really, really respected.” —25-year-old waitress, Idaho

“I don’t actually remember whether I was asked about donating. But the controversy over Planned Parenthood aside, I am supportive of using fetal tissue from an abortion to advance science. It can save lives. Why throw that opportunity away? The ethical question is whether or not the women are asked if they want to participate. As long as it’s a transparent process, I don’t have an issue with it.” —27-year-old financial analyst, Washington, D.C.

“If something good could have come out of my abortion in the way of scientific understanding, I would have been more than happy [to donate]. People are upset about abortion and anything to do with it. But any good outcome from a sad situation, any help for humanity, would be welcome in my view.” —69-year-old retired Episcopalian priest, who had an abortion more than 30 years ago

“I would rather [the fetal tissue] be made useful. It’s akin to organ donation. So why not? To me, the issue comes down to consent.” —41-year-old college teacher, North Carolina

“When I wanted to have a kid and had a miscarriage and tissue donation was an option, that was a no-brainer. And I’m pretty sure I did it when I had my abortion. I can see how people would feel weird about it, but it’s a women’s decision.” —43-year-old public affairs consultant, Colorado

Tags
parts, planned, living, people, selling, parenthood, realize, innards, appears, market, kill, babys, person, called, buy, assume, life, total, disgust, watching, utter, ears, express, uninterested, videos

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.