Protest against Ann Coulter at Barnes & Noble Saturday

Old 09-25-2015, 10:51 PM
n/a

Default Protest against Ann Coulter at Barnes & Noble Saturday

Please join us at Barnes & Noble (Lake Sumter Landing) 1:30 Saturday 9/26, for a Protest against Ann Coulter for her Anti-Semitic comments she tweeted last week after the Republican debates.
Old 09-26-2015, 12:59 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Please join us at Barnes & Noble (Lake Sumter Landing) 1:30 Saturday 9/26, for a Protest against Ann Coulter for her Anti-Semitic comments she tweeted last week after the Republican debates.
I'll be there......
Old 09-26-2015, 05:06 AM
n/a

So, she's not allowed to voice her opinion? What happened to the constitution?

I don't care for her, and I did not hear her remarks but last I heard she had that right to speak out. Even if it offends some. This ain't the 60's where you run around protesting everything that you disagree upon.

If you don't like her, then don't buy her book. Ignore her and she will go away. People like that, eat up the attention and the controversy they create.

Of course, it is your right to protest, but what a waste of energy for negligible gain.
Old 09-26-2015, 05:26 AM
n/a

Default coulter

Where does the poster say "she's not allowed to voice her opinion?" If I were commenting about Coulters's remarks, I would know what they were. I guess because "This ain't the 60's" your not allowed to protest. must be a new law.
Old 09-26-2015, 05:42 AM
n/a

I don't know if her comment was truly meant as anti-Semitic or if I buy her subsequent explanation as legitimate or a walk-back. All I can say it's a good thing she didn't substitute "black" or "Muslim" for Jew, or there would be a BIG protest at Barnes and Noble, everyone from black lives matter to CAIR.
Old 09-26-2015, 05:43 AM
n/a

Quote:
Where does the poster say "she's not allowed to voice her opinion?" If I were commenting about Coulters's remarks, I would know what they were. I guess because "This ain't the 60's" your not allowed to protest. must be a new law.
If you took my comment wrong, then I can understand how you might misinterpret her remarks.
Old 09-26-2015, 08:08 AM
n/a

Here's the controversial tweet:

How many f---ing Jews do these people think there are in the United States?

— Ann Coulter (@AnnCoulter)September 17, 2015
Old 09-26-2015, 08:49 AM
n/a

Quote:
Sounds like the typical liberal lynch mob protesting against "safe' targets ... defined as someone who will respect your right to protest vs, for example, radical Muslims who would cut your head off. In addition to being lefty trendy, it takes ZERO courage to protest Ann Coulter ... hey, it's kind of an in and trendy thing plus, you may get published in the Daily Sun.

Coulter is a strong support of Israel, and you KNOW that!!. If you had ANY sense (which by definition you don't) you would protest Obama and Wasserman Schultz for approving the suicidal Iran deal ... which basically signs Israel's death warrant longer term. The stupidity of the left is beyond description.
Old 09-26-2015, 08:56 AM
n/a

Quote:

Ooops, she didn't turn on her PC. Her use of vulgarity aside, I wonder what word she should have used to replace "Jews?"

Hilary said, "call off your f...dogs, Barack!" Of course, we expect that kind of language from liberals, right?

I asked my neighborhood Jews what they thought of the comment, and they all just shrugged their shoulders. I think they are used to being the brunt of disparaging conversation. I wonder if Coulter meant it as a slur, or whether it was just another of her bombastic, spontaneous comments?

Of course, I don't excuse public display of vulgarity, but it sure seems to be the norm when it comes to liberals today, ie. Biden's "this is a big f...ing deal" comment. Just saying.

Coulter -- big f..ing deal. I've got better things to do, like clean my golf cart.
I will display my concern for her comment by not purchasing her book. Not that I would anyway, but it sounds like I am doing my part in the protest.
Old 09-26-2015, 08:58 AM
n/a

Quote:
Sounds like the typical liberal lynch mob protesting against "safe' targets ... defined as someone who will respect your right to protest vs, for example, radical Muslims who would cut your head off. In addition to being lefty trendy, it takes ZERO courage to protest Ann Coulter ... hey, it's kind of an in and trendy thing plus, you may get published in the Daily Sun.

Coulter is a strong support of Israel, and you KNOW that!!. If you had ANY sense (which by definition you don't) you would protest Obama and Wasserman Schultz for approving the suicidal Iran deal ... which basically signs Israel's death warrant longer term. The stupidity of the left is beyond description.
Excellent post, and right on the money.
Old 09-26-2015, 09:07 AM
n/a

Quote:

Sounded awful, so I looked up the whole tweet. The quote above is out of context, albeit somewhat less than refined. She was making the point that 100% of the Republican candidates are 100% behind Israel, so why was CNN wasting so much time on the issue when it was a foregone conclusion, unless they were hunting ratings, in which case the reference to the number of Jews makes a little sense
Still crude, but not anti-Semitic, especially since she is pro-Israel as well
Old 09-26-2015, 09:10 AM
n/a

Quote:
This is stupid, uninformed, immature and will surely bring some great negative publicity to our hometown, followed by people wondering...what the hell are they protesting ? Are those old folks all that stupid ?

Hope they take pics at this thing and make them public as they can.
Old 09-26-2015, 09:11 AM
n/a

Quote:
Typical liberal style of dissension. Tell you what. You go up there and protest her, and I will go up there and protest you. I served my country so that people I either like or dislike might speak freely. I put up with poisonous spew from the left, so you can just put up with someone from the right that says something you don't like. I may not agree with what someone says but I believe they have the right to say it, right or wrong.

Do something constructive and protest gangster rap. They know how to abuse the first amendment. But, it is their right.
Old 09-26-2015, 09:16 AM
n/a

Quote:
Typical liberal antagonist. Don't forget your water bottle and depends. Hate to see you have an accident when you get yourself all riled up and heated over nothing.
Old 09-26-2015, 09:16 AM
n/a

Quote:
I'll be there......
Another follower.

Tags
saturday, protest, barnes, noble, ann, coulter, tweeted, comments, republican, debates, anti-semitic, week, join, lake, sumter, 9/26, landing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.