A question about Arnold S

Old 02-04-2008, 09:21 PM
n/a

Default A question about Arnold S

I truly don't know the answer to this so maybe someone can feed back.
Can Arnold Schwartzeneger be a VICE-PRESIDENT?

And if he were on a ticket with your favorite, would you still vote for that ticket?

And if the Prez passed away, can Arnold THEN become President?

???
Old 02-04-2008, 09:25 PM
n/a

Default Re: A question about Arnold S

Quote:
Originally Posted by aln
I truly don't know the answer to this so maybe someone can feed back.
Can Arnold Schwartzeneger be a VICE-PRESIDENT?

And if he were on a ticket with your favorite, would you still vote for that ticket?

And if the Prez passed away, can Arnold THEN become President?

???
No. http://www.usatoday.com/news/politic...mendment_x.htm

Would need a US Constitutional Amendment for Arnold S. to run for either the VP or President of the US.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:38 AM
n/a

The Twelfth Amendment to the United States Constitution requires the vice president to meet the same eligibility requirements as the president. That is, the vice president must be at least 35 years of age, have been born a citizen of the United States, and have been a resident of the U.S. for at least the 14 years preceding election.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:44 AM
n/a

Another stipulation of 12th amendment is that the President and VP cannot be legal residents of the same state....I didn't know this til I read it in Tom Brokaw's book "Boom". Apparently, before the 2000 Republican convention, Dick Cheney had to quietly and quickly change his legal state of residence from Texas back to Wyoming in order to be the VP nominee.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:39 AM
n/a

In addition, the Twelfth Amendment to the United States Constitution states that "no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States." This applies to the above criteria and to the removal of eligibility afforded by the Presidential term limits defined in the Twenty-second Amendment to the United States Constitution. In other words, if one cannot be elected President, one cannot be elected Vice President. No President who has served for two terms (or one term and more than two years of a second), can be elected Vice President.

The good news is that Bill Clinton cannot be a Vice President to Hillary.

Old 02-05-2008, 03:47 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman
In addition, the Twelfth Amendment to the United States Constitution states that "no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States." This applies to the above criteria and to the removal of eligibility afforded by the Presidential term limits defined in the Twenty-second Amendment to the United States Constitution. In other words, if one cannot be elected President, one cannot be elected Vice President. No President who has served for two terms (or one term and more than two years of a second), can be elected Vice President.

The good news is that Bill Clinton cannot be a Vice President to Hillary.

Well, that is in name only I will bet. Bill will have a great deal of influence being First Husband (?) if Hillary Clinton gets the nomination and wins.

Do you call him First Husband? First Gentleman?
Old 02-05-2008, 04:00 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac
Well, that is in name only I will bet. Bill will have a great deal of influence being First Husband (?) if Hillary Clinton gets the nomination and wins.

True but he would still not be able to step in in case something happened to Hillary. The puppet VP would take over and Bill could pull the strings. Doubtful.

I would guess First Gentleman although I am sure we would end up with a new word that would make it into our dictionaries.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:21 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac

Somehow, I just can't see "First Gentleman" applying. And to call him "First Husband" is akin to calling Shaq "Tiny". I tried to enter some suggestions, but :edit: :edit: :edit: kept overwriting them.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:36 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muncle
Somehow, I just can't see "First Gentleman" applying. And to call him "First Husband" is akin to calling Shaq "Tiny". I tried to enter some suggestions, but :edit: :edit: :edit: kept overwriting them.
It looks like William Clinton would get to pick what moniker people would use for him. Check out what the Michigan First Governor said (from a State of Michigan web-site).

"...I decided if a title was in order, why not call me "the first gentleman." I chose this title for a few reasons. First, other male spouses had already claimed the fun names: first hunk, first dude, and first coach. Seriously, I learned from my Irish grandmother's repeated instructions, that gentleman meant something, and most important it meant that you showed respect to ladies, and a special fidelity to your lady. I am proud and humbled to serve my wife. As "first lady" connotes a respect for her husband and her governor, it seems like "first gentleman" is an appropriate mirror image that conveys respect to the leader of the state. Second, I chose the title with the thought that it might help to inject this word back into our vocabulary. I think all men should strive to be "gentlemen," a word, and perhaps therefore a style, that has unfortunately lost meaning in our culture. We have lost appreciation for the humility and civility that the word connotes. So, I see the title as something I try to earn every day, by showing respect to my elders, love for my wife, kindness to children. Mr. MacLaren says it so much better than I. I hope you'll read his thoughts -- more potent today than at the outset of the 20th century.

- Daniel Granholm Mulhern
- First Gentleman"
Old 02-07-2008, 03:59 AM
n/a

Oh Talt, I didn't know Moniker was still in the picture. I thought she had moved to another state, like Alabamer. LOL
Old 02-07-2008, 01:17 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by John
Oh Talt, I didn't know Moniker was still in the picture. I thought she had moved to another state, like Alabamer. LOL

She's probably in Great Britain. We traded Monica for Simon. :joke:

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.