If Its Children Are A Nation's Future"

Old 04-12-2017, 04:21 AM
n/a

Default If Its Children Are A Nation's Future"

I am very interested in the degree of awareness people have of what is occurring in our schools and posters sharing their views.

If its children are a nation's future then how should we respond to the state of our learning institutions today?

By anyone's measure we seem to be failing in properly educating our children. Most seem to need remedial programs before entering college if they can even meet such standards even when lowered. Worse yet they are not prepared for the realities of life
Can you imagine the conversation between a kid who grew up in San Francisco to one who grew up in Aleppo?

Further, it has become an everyday event when we hear of some college student who has a breakdown over some trigger warning , micro-aggression, culture appropriation and seeking safe space.
We read or hear of the continual resistance to uninvite speakers to colleges or universities that do not share a segment of the student's population ideology. And being uninvited is the most civil of their actions because in many educational institutes speakers are met with threats of bodily harm, buildings are vandalize, etc. Faculty members advancing calls for exercising free speech are ostracized and banished from universities. Most educational institute presidents meekly defer to students demands

Essentially students are super-sensitive, make it clear they do not want to hear a different point of view and are attempting to re-write a history they deem is inoffensive . So how can they become our future leaders in public government or private industry if they cannot manage to digest life has it has happened since the beginning of time?

Personal Best Regards:
Old 04-12-2017, 04:51 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
I am very interested in the degree of awareness people have of what is occurring in our schools and posters sharing their views.

If its children are a nation's future then how should we respond to the state of our learning institutions today?

By anyone's measure we seem to be failing in properly educating our children. Most seem to need remedial programs before entering college if they can even meet such standards even when lowered. Worse yet they are not prepared for the realities of life
Can you imagine the conversation between a kid who grew up in San Francisco to one who grew up in Aleppo?

Further, it has become an everyday event when we hear of some college student who has a breakdown over some trigger warning , micro-aggression, culture appropriation and seeking safe space.
We read or hear of the continual resistance to uninvite speakers to colleges or universities that do not share a segment of the student's population ideology. And being uninvited is the most civil of their actions because in many educational institutes speakers are met with threats of bodily harm, buildings are vandalize, etc. Faculty members advancing calls for exercising free speech are ostracized and banished from universities. Most educational institute presidents meekly defer to students demands

Essentially students are super-sensitive, make it clear they do not want to hear a different point of view and are attempting to re-write a history they deem is inoffensive . So how can they become our future leaders in public government or private industry if they cannot manage to digest life has it has happened since the beginning of time?

Personal Best Regards:
Not quite on subject but the reason that these kids need free college is because they are not learning what we learned in high school. Their level of knowledge and learning is substandard in comparison. Even Sanders said as much in his campaign.
Old 04-12-2017, 05:45 AM
n/a

Quote:

Personal Best Regards:
Minority kids fail...not the white kids. Get used to MORE failure as they become the majority.

They've been deluded into thinking they're equal...then they find out they aren't...and they freak out.

Now that they are becoming the majority...the "winners"...they are rewriting "his-story" to suit themselves...it's what ALWAYS happens...the winners write the "his-story" they want. WE did it too!

Quote:
Not quite on subject but the reason that these kids need free college is because they are not learning what we learned in high school. Their level of knowledge and learning is substandard in comparison. Even Sanders said as much in his campaign.
The REASON is they're minorities who aren't as smart as whites. Compare a "white school" to a "minority school"...which ALWAYS comes out on top and which ALWAYS comes out on the bottom. EVERY TIME.
Old 04-12-2017, 07:45 AM
n/a

Quote:
Minority kids fail...not the white kids. Get used to MORE failure as they become the majority.

They've been deluded into thinking they're equal...then they find out they aren't...and they freak out.

Now that they are becoming the majority...the "winners"...they are rewriting "his-story" to suit themselves...it's what ALWAYS happens...the winners write the "his-story" they want. WE did it too!

The REASON is they're minorities who aren't as smart as whites. Compare a "white school" to a "minority school"...which ALWAYS comes out on top and which ALWAYS comes out on the bottom. EVERY TIME.
Don Baldwin right.
Old 04-12-2017, 07:53 AM
n/a

Quote:
Don Baldwin right.
It's unfortunate that I AM right...I wish I wasn't. I wish America had a bright future...but it doesn't...Hispanics ARE the MAJORITY below the age of 7 and it rises every year. America's world ranking also FALLS every year as the minority majority continues to grow.

Take the blacks and Hispanics out of the statistics and America is STILL #1 or close to it.

We are literally becoming planet of the apes. As true humans are outnumbered by brutish, ignorant, stupid, "animals".
Old 04-12-2017, 08:23 AM
n/a

Quote:
It's unfortunate that I AM right...I wish I wasn't. I wish America had a bright future...but it doesn't...Hispanics ARE the MAJORITY below the age of 7 and it rises every year. America's world ranking also FALLS every year as the minority majority continues to grow.

Take the blacks and Hispanics out of the statistics and America is STILL #1 or close to it.

We are literally becoming planet of the apes. As true humans are outnumbered by brutish, ignorant, stupid, "animals".
Actually most of the apes in the Planet of the Apes movies and books are far smarter and empathetic than you will ever be Don Baldwin. I hope you come back as a black girl in a bad part of Tampa in your next life.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:25 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don "Stupid" Baldwin
It's unfortunate that I AM very stupid...I wish I wasn't. I wish I had a bright future...but I doesn't.. My intelligence also FALLS every year as the minority majority continues to grow.

Take the blacks and Hispanics and America is STILL #1 or close to it.

We are literally becoming a great nation ".
Well said, Don.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:36 AM
n/a

Quote:
Actually most of the apes in the Planet of the Apes movies and books are far smarter and empathetic than you will ever be Don Baldwin. I hope you come back as a black girl in a bad part of Tampa in your next life.
Quote:
Well said, Don.
See...this is what women must resort to...you have NOTHING to back up your "feelings" so you tell lies, CHANGE my "quoted words", and wish ill on those who disagree and are trying to SAVE you.

Bravo ladies! Show the world what YOU really are.

Got a problem with what I say, dispute my FACTS.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:50 AM
n/a

Quote:

Personal Best Regards:

You do mention some interesting points. Yes, some students have had terrible experiences which would cause re-living them if certain trigger points were brought up. This is PTSD. Those students should be able to seek safe zones just as rape victims, veterans, or other disabling challenged persons.

Students should be able to disinvite speakers who the majority do not agree with their views. David Duke would not be as welcome at Howard Universitiy as he would be at Liberty Universitiy, would he?
Old 04-12-2017, 08:50 AM
n/a

Quote:
See...this is what women must resort to...you have NOTHING to back up your "feelings" so you tell lies, CHANGE my "quoted words", and wish ill on those who disagree and are trying to SAVE you.

Bravo ladies! Show the world what YOU really are.

Got a problem with what I say, dispute my FACTS.
You are trying to save me? You just complain about the minorities. You have no solutions that make any sense at all. And how about thinking about the feelings of some African American who might read this at some point Don Baldwin. You should be ashamed about posting this kind of hateful garbage. And your facts are just your crass over-generalizations often looking like they belong in some textbook from the 1950s full of Social Darwinism.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:23 AM
n/a

Quote:
You do mention some interesting points. Yes, some students have had terrible experiences which would cause re-living them if certain trigger points were brought up. This is PTSD. Those students should be able to seek safe zones just as rape victims, veterans, or other disabling challenged persons.

Students should be able to disinvite speakers who the majority do not agree with their views. David Duke would not be as welcome at Howard Universitiy as he would be at Liberty Universitiy, would he?
These same students who can't cope with life and NEED "safe zones" should be hired? WHO would want to hire such fragile people? As greeters at WalMart? Are they to be allowed "safe zones" while at work too? Just get up and "regroup" whenever they feel that must? THIS IS what is destroying this country. Women and minorities being treated as "victims" of...life...coddled and given everything they want...so they can feel "good" about themselves.

Who invites them in the first place?

The "students" at Howard NEED David Duke more than they need some idiot who will feed their delusions of equality. They should be preparing them for their life as nature made them, not deluding them into thinking they're equals. Where are the black Newtons and Einsteins?

Quote:
You are trying to save me? You just complain about the minorities. You have no solutions that make any sense at all. And how about thinking about the feelings of some African American who might read this at some point Don Baldwin. You should be ashamed about posting this kind of hateful garbage. And your facts are just your crass over-generalizations often looking like they belong in some textbook from the 1950s full of Social Darwinism.
I'm telling you they MUST be deported as the "illegals" they are...ALL the anchor babies. Welfare for them must stop, schooling for them must stop, jobs for them must stop.

Where ARE the Negros defending their race? Maybe they can't defend their race?

It's NOT garbage...equality, diversity is the garbage. SHOW me the equality, SHOW me where diversity made something better.

They're the FACTS that are LEFT OUT of the new textbooks.

Social Darwinism IS happening...right now...white people and our culture is being diluted, erased, replaced by Hispanic and black "culture"...failed cultures. It WILL fail here too.

Women and minorities are taking over...groups that have NEVER developed a successful and thriving civilization...what makes you think they can this time? They have all the infrastructure that white men created? It collapses when we're no longer there to keep it all running.

To keep the Planet of the Apes theme going...we won't blow up the planet allowing the "apes" to take over...we're just plain allowing them to take over...to breed us out. And we PAY them to do it! You women...you really are illogical. You're paying for your own demise, your own destruction. The minority majority will NOT be as kind to you...you've been warned.
Old 04-12-2017, 10:25 AM
n/a

Rubicon started a thread that had very good possibility of being one for civil discussion.

However, it was hijacked by Hater Don Baldwin.

What branch of the military did you serve in, Don, and what years, and what specialty? I bet you were a draft dodger.
Give some details so we know you either are or are not a liar and coward.

Now, can we get back to Rubicon's original post?
Old 04-12-2017, 12:39 PM
n/a

Quote:
Rubicon started a thread that had very good possibility of being one for civil discussion.

However, it was hijacked by Hater Don Baldwin.

What branch of the military did you serve in, Don, and what years, and what specialty? I bet you were a draft dodger.
Give some details so we know you either are or are not a liar and coward.

Now, can we get back to Rubicon's original post?
He has some good thoughts on this thread. I had some similar thoughts in 1991 when I wrote every US Governor trying to get them to look into State Laws against discrimination against survivors/victims of murders, aggravated assault and rape. I did get maybe 20 answers from Governors of from their representatives back in 1991.

Many survivors/victims I have met are anything but fragile but they also have something to deal with every day with PTS. This would be hard to make policy with though and would probably have to be handled on a case-by-case basis.
Old 04-12-2017, 01:25 PM
n/a

Quote:
au contraire you are not off subject this is the issue. why are they not learning? why can't kids cope today? Why have they not learned that life is not fair?

One of the reasons is the democratic Party has become a subsidiary of teachers unions. Betsy Devos push for a parent's right for other options other than public school is valid in my view.

I believe in treating kids as a protected species but to encourage participation trophies rather than hard competition is more damaging. Kids simply can't be placed in a bubble because all you do is instill more fear

As to life not being fair. As a kid ,I said that to my Dad once and his response was no s***. I suspect many of you experienced the same sort of things

Personal Best Regards:
Old 04-12-2017, 01:31 PM
n/a

Quote:

My friend, we disagree. This nation and its schools are failing kids miserably. We can't afford to allow not one child the opportunity to learn, excel, find they place in society, whether s/he is white black yellow brown or red. Our children are this nation's future.

the thought of these sniveling brats attending college now scares the heck out of me. How can they lead ,invent, teach ...without an open mind ?

No when it comes to educating our kids it MATTERS THAT WE ATTEMPT TO LIFT ALL SHIPS.

Personal Best Regards:

Tags
college, nations, future, children

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.