Question, Please

Old 07-15-2010, 10:52 PM
n/a

Default Question, Please

Let me preface this by saying this question has nothing to do with anyone's party affiliation. I don't think what is happening is right for ANY party.

What is right about the law that allows the candidate, Bill McCollum, to be awarded several million dollars from the state coffers for his campaign because his opponent, Rick Scott, has already spent more of his own money (21 million, I think the news reported on this story) than McCollum can come up with to match it? With so many of the state services, schools, etc. being critically short of funds, this seems totally ludicrous! Why do we allow this? IMHO this is not what the founders of this county had in mind.

I hope someone can understand what I am trying to say since I don't sometimes convey my thoughts as well as I would like.

Am I the only one that this situation on state spending bothers?
Old 07-15-2010, 11:10 PM
n/a

Man, I don't know how government can deficit spend. I can't write checks if I don't have money to cover them.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:58 AM
n/a

Default They do it because we the people allow them to do so

without fear of action.
Add to your list Arlan Spectre (you know the eclect me turn coat, who is negotiating again) library in PA...the state that is almost bankrupt....remember? The library is getting 10 million dollars. How? Why?

Because the economic plight of individuals and states and governments do not apply to local or federal lawmakers. They know they can over spend and deficit spend with NO FEAR.

If you could do it and get away with it, you and the rest of us probably would.

THEY DO! And all (some) of we the people do is talk about it...hence politicians first of all do not care what you think and second of all they have no fear.

btk
Old 07-16-2010, 09:42 AM
n/a

Default And...

Where is the media on this one? They are all over people losing their jobs because of the oil spill. Don't police, firemen, teachers, NASA, etc. count? Looks like "Lack of Conscience" needs to be on the list as one of any candidate's qualifications the way all of them spend our money before and after they are elected. All of them, all parties, and/or non-party!

You're right....politicians just don't care. May be if we will vote 'em all out, they will learn. I don't mean just vote them out this time, either. Do it over and over, election after election, until they do get it right.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.