A Repeated Story. Why?

Old 04-26-2012, 11:58 AM
n/a

People should know by now where the president stands on the issues. They should be spending their time vetting Mitt Romney. There are so many unanswered questions, for instance his tax returns. He turned over 23 years of tax returns when he wanted to be John McCain's vice president, but now that he wants to be president, he can't turn over more than one year's worth. What's he hiding? Why all the off-shore bank accounts?
Did John McCain not like what he saw in those returns, or did he just not like Mitt?

Romny's deals at Bain Capital need to be examined one by one. He has made his career at Bain the centerpiece of his campaign when he says he should be "congratulated" for accumulating all his wealth. Let us see where that wealth came from, deal by deal. My company was taken over by corporate raiders, and 44,000 people lost their jobs, benefits, and pensions, so I don't feel all warm and fuzzy about these Gordon Gecko's.

And finally, what about his record as governor? He rarely mentions those four years. Why was MA 47th out of 50th in job creation while he was governor? How many times did he raise taxes? They don't call it Taxachusettes for nothing. How did MA become the first state in the country to allow same sex marriages while he was governor? We only have six months until the election, and there's a lot of digging to do to answer these question.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:58 AM
n/a

The question posed in the original post was, "why does this story continue to be repeated"? I'd refrained from asking and answering the question. So let me ask it another way, "does this story continue because there is sufficient credible information that it merits further investigation"? If untrue it is a vile and vacious attack. If true it can only be with the support and financing of some of the most powerful and wealthiest people in the world.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:12 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
People should know by now where the president stands on the issues. They should be spending their time vetting Mitt Romney. There are so many unanswered questions, for instance his tax returns. He turned over 23 years of tax returns when he wanted to be John McCain's vice president, but now that he wants to be president, he can't turn over more than one year's worth. What's he hiding? Why all the off-shore bank accounts?
Did John McCain not like what he saw in those returns, or did he just not like Mitt?

Romny's deals at Bain Capital need to be examined one by one. He has made his career at Bain the centerpiece of his campaign when he says he should be "congratulated" for accumulating all his wealth. Let us see where that wealth came from, deal by deal. My company was taken over by corporate raiders, and 44,000 people lost their jobs, benefits, and pensions, so I don't feel all warm and fuzzy about these Gordon Gecko's.

And finally, what about his record as governor? He rarely mentions those four years. Why was MA 47th out of 50th in job creation while he was governor? How many times did he raise taxes? They don't call it Taxachusettes for nothing. How did MA become the first state in the country to allow same sex marriages while he was governor? We only have six months until the election, and there's a lot of digging to do to answer these question.
First of all, it is noted that you are hijacking a thread about Obama here, but no bother.

Mitt Romney was vetted so many times...actually he was vetted a number of times while Obama was a child and while he cavorted in Chicago.

HOWEVER, to the threads initial thought process, IT WOULD BE WONDERFUL if the campaign became a back and forth on BACKGROUND. That would be just great and I, for one, would really welcome that.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:39 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
The question posed in the original post was, "why does this story continue to be repeated"? I'd refrained from asking and answering the question. So let me ask it another way, "does this story continue because there is sufficient credible information that it merits further investigation"? If untrue it is a vile and vacious attack. If true it can only be with the support and financing of some of the most powerful and wealthiest people in the world.
There is much in this SPECIFIC video that is based on half truths but most of it was brought about by Obama, himself, being so insincere and mysterious about his background.

I DO NOT BELIEVE all that is in this video. I am more interested in the associations he had in his life....not a conspiracy theory, simply a fact It is very difficult to ignore your teachings and the basis on which you were trained.

He surely seems like a nice family man....it is only those associations and what they believe in that bothers me a lot. He has shown in this term, especially in the first years of having no buffer as he controlled all of congress. I still have no understanding about how a President of the US facing our economic conditions at the time could possibly oversee this healthcare bill, except he knew he had to hurry. I guess in his hurry, he forgot his promise to the citizens of what it was supposed to accomplish.

In reading the Chicago archives you get a sense of this mans ambition and his realization of insuring that you get the programs you want without allowing yourself to be "married" to them..thus so much mystery.

This will not be a factor in this election as it was not in 2008, except on the fringes.

As you see on some posts here, we will spend time vetting and questioning a successful man WITH A BACKGROUND. We elected a president with so little background and success it was just minimal.

I do not see this party or this president pushing the background stuff.....would not be a good idea at all.

I said in 2008, he was pulling a con...I still think he did. NOT in the conspiracy sense as most think, but in what he feels needs to be accomplished and his direction.

Ever wonder why NOBODY questions HIM on flip flops...religion (remember when Romney had to have a special news conference in the primary of 2008) NOBODY questions the emphasis....total emphasis on federal government ? NOBODY questions him on much of anythng, but then again he doesnt have many press conferences to allow that sort of questions.

If you question the shadowy past of our President, you immediately are subject to the claims of conspiracy theorists, etc, NONE of which is true....I am not a "birther" whatever the hey that is.....but I do think...there are so many associations in his past that are so questionable.

But as one poster said this morning...then go out and stop his reelection and that surely would be my goal...but much rather would like to get to discuss issues right smack on and hear the explanations for what he does, BUT nobody wants to do that.....nobody seems to care about that. EVERYONE just wants to call out names...it is a shame..not what I grew up on.....cannot wait until the debates. Obama might win them handily although I doubt it very much, but at least the two men can talk about ACCOMPLISHMENTS. Obama did not need to do that in 2008..he had never really had a"job" of consequence to defend...now he does...but at least he will need to talk about EVENTS and not theories, and be asked about what he has done.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:39 PM
n/a

if you repeat something over and over the masses will begin to believe it just ask the nazis.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:56 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
I cannot believe the things that are being written about President Obama. According to one poster, if you do not agree with all the misrepresentations in the post, that you must worship the president.

Instead of wasting your time posting on this forum, why not go join the Republican committees in the area and actively do your part to get your candidate elected? You should know that posting anything here is not going to change the minds of anyone else. Take a proactive stance instead of your posts which do not help your cause at all.
You make assumptions about people you don't know, and to what end.

Why are you wasting your own time posting on this forum if you believe what you say??????

a little reality check, please.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:31 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
They usually do not let anyone with bad grades into Harvard Law School so I am not at all worried about his sealed grades.

I have not see any radical African-American statements made by Barack Obama. Even if Reverend Wright did mentor Bracak Obama; the teacher is not the student, nor is the student the teacher.

I do not worship any politician. Unless you see Jesus perhaps as a politician. He was kind of an anti-politician, at least, according to some of his biographers.

Obama's flip-flops look like they are maturing to reflect the political realities of working with Congress as well as the many responsibilities a POTUS has. Mitt Romney's flip-flops look like he just wants to be President. He'll flip-flop in the future probably quite a lot more than Obama has if he becomes President.

Just so you know Obama's father birth certificate says he (father) is Arab and not African. Obama is 50% white, 12.5% African 43.50% Arab, as his father's family is mainly Arabs from Kenya. His father's claim is 87.5% Arabic and 12.5% African Obama claims his name is Swahili b ut it is actually Arabic "Baraka" (meaning blessed) Hussein is also Arabic....just saying
Old 04-26-2012, 03:34 PM
n/a

Quote:
We can't make this same mistake twice. Voters must demand that Mitt Romney release his tax returns for at least the last ten years immediately. What is he hiding? Why all the off-shore bank accounts? President Obama's college grades probably don't effect the way he governs, but Romney's investments could certainly present a conflict of interest.
Given the serious "allegations concerning Obama's background I am surprised that the media is not as adamant/obssessed regarding Obama's background tha they are about romney's tax returns.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:37 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
I don't care about his grades either, as there's so much more to worry about with this man than his college grades.

But!!; if you don't think money and influence and financial considerations can get someone into Harvard who wouldn't ordinarily make the cut, I think that's incredibly naive.
Are Obamas educational records sealed only because of his grades. Consider Bush joked about being a "C" student
Old 04-26-2012, 03:39 PM
n/a

It is simply amazing anyone can ask "who is Barack Obama". The guy campaigned for 23 months !!!!! 23 months !!!! He was asked every conceivable question under the sun - and he answered every single one. Now, you may not have liked all of his answers, but he answered each and every questions.

I lost track of how many debates he participated in - and then when only he and Hillary were left, they had a series of debates that garnered huge TV prime time ratings.

So, after 23 months of campaigning and many debates, how can anyone possibly ask "who is Barack Obama"?

Either you weren't paying attention or you were too overwhelmed by the sheer lunacy of the R's VP choice.

The FACT is Obama is governing as POTUS exactly as he said he would when he was a candidate. His polling numbers indicates he is much preferred over Etch-A-Sketch and will, in all probability, be overwhelmingly reelected, as he should be.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:40 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralway View Post
It is simply amazing anyone can ask "who is Barack Obama". The guy campaigned for 23 months !!!!! 23 months !!!! He was asked every conceivable question under the sun - and he answered every single one. Now, you may not have liked all of his answers, but he answered each and every questions.

I lost track of how many debates he participated in - and then when only he and Hillary were left, they had a series of debates that garnered huge TV prime time ratings.

So, after 23 months of campaigning and many debates, how can anyone possibly ask "who is Barack Obama"?

Either you weren't paying attention or you were too overwhelmed by the sheer lunacy of the R's VP choice.

The FACT is Obama is governing as POTUS exactly as he said he would when he was a candidate. His polling numbers indicates he is much preferred over Etch-A-Sketch and will, in all probability, be overwhelmingly reelected, as he should be.
Hope you are right.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:41 PM
n/a

Quote:

Who vetted Obama? i mean why are there all these allegations and why did those who vetted him have information to dispel or confirm.

I ram more concerned that a guy could hold the most important position in the world and have these allegations hanging out there Its the process i am concerned about as it appears flawed
Old 04-26-2012, 04:06 PM
n/a

Some of the posters on this forum call the liberal element "Communists". The antithesis of communism are the nazis. I would never call anyone a nazi. Why do they get away with calling a liberal a communist?
Old 04-26-2012, 05:01 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
Some of the posters on this forum call the liberal element "Communists". The antithesis of communism are the nazis. I would never call anyone a nazi. Why do they get away with calling a liberal a communist?
WHO...SPECIFICALLY called posters on this forum....communists ????

BE VERY VERY SPECIFIC !!!
Old 04-26-2012, 05:14 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
You make assumptions about people you don't know, and to what end.

Why are you wasting your own time posting on this forum if you believe what you say??????

a little reality check, please.
Richie, my friend, first I was not making an assumption. I suggested to Bucco that since he is so passionate (which is a good trait) about the Presidential election that he would take a proactive stance and work with the Republican party to get their candidate elected. Bucco replied that he is doing that. Perfect. That is exactly what people should do and I congratulate him for doing it.

Secondly, I am not wasting my time posting on this forum. I am expressing my viewpoints and trying to enlighten others who may not know what is happening. I am not trying to change their viewpoints - but if someone's viewpoints are changed based upon my postings, so much the better.

I do thank you for your interest.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.