Fact Check: Trump’s Critiques of the Affordable Care Act

Old 07-18-2017, 08:40 AM
n/a

Default Fact Check: Trump’s Critiques of the Affordable Care Act

Fact Check: Trump’s Critiques of the Affordable Care Act - The New York Times
Old 07-18-2017, 12:01 PM
n/a

I just heard the Republican President blame the Democratic Party for not getting the Republican health bill passed.

Isn't this the same bill that the Democrats were not allowed to see ?

Just amazing.

Seven years....a brutal campaign much based on health care....nada.

It is something to hear the President blame people who were not allowed to see the bill for not passing this bill.
Old 07-18-2017, 12:13 PM
n/a

At a rally in Sanford, Florida, Donald Trump railed against the Affordable Care Act. The GOP nominee called Obamacare a “disastrous law” and told supporters his first presidential act would be to repeal. "You're going to have such great healthcare at a tiny fraction of the cost, and it is going to be so easy," Trump said.

Trump: Repealing And Replacing Obamacare Is Going To Be "So Easy" | Video | RealClearPolitics

PLEASE..PLEASE...WAKE UP

Best legislation is based on bipartisan and compromise.
Old 07-18-2017, 01:09 PM
n/a

To hear the President of the United States simply say....let it fail...in speaking of the nations health care is sobering at best.

Blame someone else is his motto. Does he know the importance of what he is giving up on ?
Old 07-18-2017, 01:24 PM
n/a

Nuff Said

Let's see what round two bring's. Negotiation is is funny thing, you know what I mean. Very disappointing though.
It ain't over yet! I didn't hear any fat lady sing .
Old 07-18-2017, 02:30 PM
n/a

First of all Trump is not the only one critiquing Obamacare's failures. The complaints are coming from all over the nation from government and health officials both federal and state and from policyholders even the CBO warns of substantial increases.

Secondly, Trump has stayed open to the repeal and replacement issue leaving it in the hands of Congress and gladly working with them.

Thirdly the Democrats refuse to cooperate and are playing the resistance game and as such intentionally trying to stop the repeal of Obamacare.

Fourth the Republicans are divided in three camps populist/nationalists, the conservative movement, Wall street/establishment and this is a major block

Fifth the major issue blocking repeal and replace is medicaid.

Simply stated medicaid is expanding . This is despite whether a state expanded its medicaid program thru Obamacare funding or not. All states are feeling the bad effects of out of control medicaid spending. Medicaid is paying more to able bodied recipients than it does people with serious disabilities prior to the Obamacare changes.

Consequently medicaid is crowding out other state priorities in education, mental health treatment, the state justice system teacher pay, deferred road maintenance, lower reimbursement to medical providers...........................

Speaking to the Democrat issue is a waste of time.

Republicans better come together or they may feel the rebuke from votes in 2018-2020 something Schumer and Pelosi will take credit for

I made my contact with Rubio expressing my dismay at the Republican Congress inability to wok as a team I believe many voters feel as I do. Even having said this to consider the alternative is unthinkable sending shivers down my spine.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 07-19-2017, 08:21 AM
n/a

Obamacare has cost my wife and I $265 a month since it started. That's just 25% of the increase in our BC/BS which used to be paid by her employer before Obamacare. The company now requires us to pay 25% of the increase. To me, that is forced charity. I am being forced to pay for the people who don't have insurance. Oh, by the way, I am a Democrat and I voted for Trump.
Old 07-19-2017, 10:22 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Obamacare has cost my wife and I $265 a month since it started. That's just 25% of the increase in our BC/BS which used to be paid by her employer before Obamacare. The company now requires us to pay 25% of the increase. To me, that is forced charity. I am being forced to pay for the people who don't have insurance. Oh, by the way, I am a Democrat and I voted for Trump.
Do you agree with the President that we should just let it die ?

Why are we not pushing to talk with Democrats, who in fact agree with Republicans on fixes, instead of simply forging ahead with zero chance of getting anything done.

Was shocking to me to hear the President simply shrug off fellow americans with his comments.

Why do BOTH parties have to make everything so partisan ?
Old 07-19-2017, 12:53 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
obamacare has cost my wife and i $265 a month since it started. That's just 25% of the increase in our bc/bs which used to be paid by her employer before obamacare. The company now requires us to pay 25% of the increase. To me, that is forced charity. I am being forced to pay for the people who don't have insurance. Oh, by the way, i am a democrat and i voted for trump.
obamacare haters.jpg

347madeupfactsbytrump.jpg

thestupid is strong.jpg
Old 07-19-2017, 02:34 PM
n/a

Quote:
Trying to understand your post. How exactly did the passage of Obamacare impact your wife's company healthcare plan costs? Unless the company healthcare plan was a high deductible barebones plan which didn't meet the minimum coverage requirements for healthcare plans.

I know when I was employed I could count on healthcare plans changing and costs going up every year.

Why do you think the increase is because you are paying for those who are uninsured? I only ask as I am trying to understand.

COPUFF
Old 07-20-2017, 07:43 AM
n/a

Quote:
Trying to understand your post. How exactly did the passage of Obamacare impact your wife's company healthcare plan costs? Unless the company healthcare plan was a high deductible barebones plan which didn't meet the minimum coverage requirements for healthcare plans.

I know when I was employed I could count on healthcare plans changing and costs going up every year.

Why do you think the increase is because you are paying for those who are uninsured? I only ask as I am trying to understand.

COPUFF
ALL of the company's retirees were called in for a special meeting regarding BC/BS cost increases because of Obamacare. The increases were due to the fact that the employer was passing on 25% of the cost of the increase to the retiree. Her insurance was excellent BC/BS coverage. If our healthcare was increased over $1,000 a month, I feel this was to help pay for the people who don't pay anything. Do you know anybody who pays for Obamacare? I don't.
Old 07-20-2017, 08:26 AM
n/a

Quote:
ALL of the company's retirees were called in for a special meeting regarding BC/BS cost increases because of Obamacare. The increases were due to the fact that the employer was passing on 25% of the cost of the increase to the retiree. Her insurance was excellent BC/BS coverage. If our healthcare was increased over $1,000 a month, I feel this was to help pay for the people who don't pay anything. Do you know anybody who pays for Obamacare? I don't.
They pay the under $1000 a year "penalty tax"...at least that's what they tell me. $1000 a month worth of coverage for $1000 a year.

Tags
affordable, care, act, check, trump’s

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.