The Make Believe Beheading of Donald Trump is WAY OVER THE LINE!

Old 05-30-2017, 08:42 PM
n/a

Angry The Make Believe Beheading of Donald Trump is WAY OVER THE LINE!

I am certainly no fan of President Trump, but this is freaking outrageous. What is wrong with the left?

Kathy Griffin Beheads Donald Trump in Shocking Photo Shoot | TMZ.com
Old 05-30-2017, 09:24 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
I am certainly no fan of President Trump, but this is freaking outrageous. What is wrong with the left?

She will get a visit from the Secret Service and maybe worse. And she is often quite extreme in views. Hardly a representative of your average Democrat.
Old 05-30-2017, 10:09 PM
n/a

Quote:

Look at the crap on that web page...it's ALL garbage fed to little girls. They think this stuff is important. The delusion...the fixations with celebrity...diversification...sexualizing them. It's wrong.

Quote:
She will get a visit from the Secret Service and maybe worse. And she is often quite extreme in views. Hardly a representative of your average Democrat.
No she won't it's called satire. She's a comedian...or claims to be.
Old 05-30-2017, 10:29 PM
n/a

Over the line
Old 05-30-2017, 11:31 PM
n/a

The problem with distasteful actions by ANYONE, is that there are always going to be people on their mental/emotional fringe that will use those distasteful actions to justify their own violence against those people, or support violence in support of those who show violence/ dislike / distasteful imagery toward a different race, or sex, or political identity, or culture, or religion. So, the depiction of violence/ dislike / distasteful imagery on either side of an argument can lead to more violence....which in turn "justifies" revenge or more violence.....and the cycle continues.

This is the same cycle of violence and revenge that happens in street gangs. Perception of a differing group that "disrespects" or "offends", or commits violence against that gang just leads to retaliation, which leads to more retaliation.

Historically comedy has been on the fringe of what is socially acceptable. Language was first to challenge social norms (i.e.: Lenny Bruce) but now, a great many comedians use "rough" language in their acts, and few of their fans object. Those who do object, don't become, or remain fans.

Unfortunately, the "comedic" actions which have been demonstrated recently, in my opinion, were ill advised for a number of reasons.
First: timing. Because of the association of beheading with terrorist groups committing that act against civilians, the act and even the semblance of the act is ill advised, and emotionally trying for many.
Second: Using the image of the President of the United States is also emotionally trying form many.
Third: Even though the comedian apologized afterward, one cannot take back words or images in this time of internet immortality.

We all must try to recognize that there is a "LINE" and that in our responses, in our actions, in our speeches, we do not give those fringe elements reason to carry out their violence.
Old 05-31-2017, 03:54 AM
n/a

Kathy Griffin is a D-list comedian who has been buried deep within cable and only found on extremely leftist outlets such as Bravo and Logo She joins the other vile female comedians such as Melissa McCarthy and Amy Schumer exercising bad taste.

In fact SNL is paying its bills using nothing but a bunch of washed up comedians lacking creativity and so they do poor and hateful impersonation of people to garner attention.

Comedians today reek of hate and it clearly shows. Miss the truly great comedians and impersonators of the past

Feel badly for kids today because they grow up believing this is comedy

Personal Best Regards:
Old 05-31-2017, 05:53 AM
n/a

Kathy Griffin Apologizes for Trump Photo: 'I Went Too Far'

She will probably lose some business.
Old 05-31-2017, 06:02 AM
n/a

I find it despicable, and many other words, but please get over yourself, the hatred on BOTH sides has been totally gross.

These are SOME examples, not of supposed comedians, but of GOP folks in or running for office. This is just a sampling.

"Mayor Calls Barack Obama ‘Monkey Man,’ & Michelle Obama ‘Gorilla Face,’ But Says He’s Not Racist"

Mayor Calls Barack Obama 'Monkey Man,' & Michelle Obama 'Gorilla Face,' But Says He's Not Racist | HuffPost

"GOP hopeful not sorry for posts depicting Obamas as monkeys"

GOP hopeful not sorry for posts depicting Obamas as monkeys
Old 05-31-2017, 06:06 AM
n/a

Quote:
I find it despicable, and many other words, but please get over yourself, the hatred on BOTH sides has been totally gross.

These are SOME examples, not of supposed comedians, but of GOP folks in or running for office. This is just a sampling.

"Mayor Calls Barack Obama ‘Monkey Man,’ & Michelle Obama ‘Gorilla Face,’ But Says He’s Not Racist"

Mayor Calls Barack Obama 'Monkey Man,' & Michelle Obama 'Gorilla Face,' But Says He's Not Racist | HuffPost

As ugly as that is, it is still Free Speech. Hanging someone in effigy is also Free Speech.

This woman often has shown incredibly bad taste with bad judgment.
Old 05-31-2017, 06:09 AM
n/a

Quote:

Really? A severed head is the same as calling...a monkey...a monkey?

If he was shown as a slave...in chains, being beaten...MAYBE that would be comparable. But a bloody head being held like a war trophy?

I thought Michelle was called a Wookie?
Old 05-31-2017, 09:50 AM
n/a

Free Speech? That idiot would never apologize for Free Speech if this was truly the case. So anyone can do whatever they want without being punished and just claim Free Speech? That's really a good one. So watching SNL or knocking around different BS posts on here are Free Speech and having those images on television and the internet are the same? Disrespecting our country and our Flag and our Leaders of either party are terrible but Words are different than Images no doubt.

I wonder why CNN is waiting to pull the plug on this fool? Can you imagine what our foreign enemies are thinking?

I just knew Free Speech was going to come up on this issue, I just wish we could stick to common sense instead.
Old 05-31-2017, 01:27 PM
n/a

Quote:
Really? A severed head is the same as calling...a monkey...a monkey?

If he was shown as a slave...in chains, being beaten...MAYBE that would be comparable. But a bloody head being held like a war trophy?

I thought Michelle was called a Wookie?
obamalynchingburning.jpg

This was as deplorable, but did not have the same reaction.........
Old 05-31-2017, 02:04 PM
n/a

Quote:
Attachment 69058

This was as deplorable, but did not have the same reaction.........
Of course it was deplorable, but unfortunately it is more of who/whom does it...than what was done.

Since the person who showed Obama being lynched and burned was not a known celebrity...it doesn't get the same exposure or carry the same weight.

Not that it's equitable, especially given some of those who probably laughed and celebrated the lynching/fire are now so appalled at Griffin's actions...yet BOTH should be condemned.
Old 05-31-2017, 02:14 PM
n/a

It was way over the line! And she is paying for it now as CNN has dropped her!
Old 05-31-2017, 03:51 PM
n/a

She was showing or hinting or advising terrorists. She was advocating and inciting terrorists to violence. She should be arrested. But, she is looking for attention just like she did when she exposed her nudity to America during her New Years gig.

Glad to hear that CNN having listened to all the protests, is firing her from her New Year gig.

Tags
trump, president, freaking, wrong, fan

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.