Run, Mitt, here she comes!

Old 05-04-2012, 03:19 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
Minnesota kind of makes you wonder, doesn't it? The citizens of the Gopher State voted Jesse "The Body" Ventura in as governor, Michelle Bachmann in as a Representative, and Al Franken in as a Senator.
I lived in MN for about 5.5 years. They like to experiment with new things-- including politicians.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:38 PM
n/a

Well, well well it appears from the posts thus far that the cynical liberal left continues their "war on women"

Michelle Bachmann and Sarah Palin continue to receive unfair criticism and are never credited for their legitimate accomplishments

P.S. Like many of you I have lived and traveled in a number of states and IMHO Minneapolis MN and surrounding area is one of the best places in this nation to raise a family ( to live)....and this is coming from a conservative that understands the Minneapolis/St Paul area is quite liberal.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:09 PM
n/a

so what's the big deal about who they elected.
Look what some did and who they voted for in the 2008 POTUS election!!!!!!!!

btk
Old 05-05-2012, 07:57 AM
n/a

As far as I can tell, the majority of American voters decided that Barack Obama was the best choice in 2008 for President of the USA.

It also looks as though that will be the case again in 2012.

The talk of "class warfare" is totally idiotic. It is not about that but about right and wrong. Republicans are not going to get the votes of thinking women, most Hispanics, most Blacks, most other minorities, most Democrats, most Independents, and most younger voters. Most white men who vote Republican will have their vote cancelled out by their wife's vote - even if she tells him she voted Republican!
Old 05-05-2012, 09:18 AM
n/a

"In 2008, a large turnout among black and Latino voters put President Barack Obama on top in swing states like Virginia and New Mexico. In the run-up to 2012, however, the number of this key electorate registering to vote has fallen, challenging the Obama campaign at its very foundation, according to a report by The Washington Post.

The number of registered Hispanics has dropped significantly -- 5 percent across the country, to about 11 million, according to the Census Bureau. But it’s the narrower picture that is more worrisome. The decline among Hispanics is just over 28 percent in New Mexico, for example, and about 10 percent in Florida.

Meanwhile, the registration numbers for blacks are down 7 percent nationwide."

"These disappointing registration numbers are not lost on the Obama camp. Recently, the campaign held a series of voter registration training sessions in a dozen states. In Florida, where the number of registered Hispanic voters has dropped by more than 140,000, the campaign is drafting hundreds of volunteers to sign up voters."

Voter Registration Down Among Hispanics, Blacks

MUCHO too early to take things for granted.

And to the remark on class warfare not being an issue...wish that was the case but all I keep hearing is how rich Romney is...how insensitive the Republicans are...how the rich take advantage of the poor, etc.

If class warfare is not the main issue, then the memo got lost on its way to most that I hear because that is all they talk about.

Would be nice to talk about ISSUE however, so hope this changes, but right now, it is the main issue being discussed.

Oh, that and how exciting Obama is and how dull Romney is !!!
Old 05-05-2012, 09:35 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
Minnesota kind of makes you wonder, doesn't it? The citizens of the Gopher State voted Jesse "The Body" Ventura in as governor, Michelle Bachmann in as a Representative, and Al Franken in as a Senator.
Buggyone: Jesse Ventura won because the dem and Repb had reached an impasse, because it is a state where you can register and vote at the same time and so young folks upset with established Republican and Dems and enamored with a Hollywood action hero voted for jesse. As you may recall his popularity dropped as fast as the winter temperatures in MN. I had dealings with Senator Amy Klobuchar before she became an important person and view her as a bout as apt as Al Franken who until this day is being investigated for voter manipiulation. al Franken was original reared in St Louis Park, MN along with the Coen Brothers, producers. and Tom Friedman, journalist. Despite all I have said the Minneapolis area does an outstanding job of keeping that area spot clean and modern
Old 05-05-2012, 09:47 AM
n/a

Rubicon,

I grew up in Minneapolis and loved the city. In fact, my first job was selling soda at Metropolitan Stadium in Bloomington. That stadium doesn't even exist anymore to my knowledge.

You are right. It was a great place to live. I would ride my bike to Lake Nokomis in the evening, enjoyed walking home from Ramsey Jr. High and Washburn High, and it was a clean city, too.

I understand now a lot of Somalians have been relocated there and St. Paul has a lot of Hmung Vietnamese living there which has changed the cities quite a bit.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.