Sarah Palin! Again!

Old 09-01-2008, 11:27 PM
n/a

Default Sarah Palin! Again!

I previously said I would not post in The Political Forum while the campaign was on, yet I did post in the Femme Forum to a question that was posed. Sarah Palin and Motherhood. My response was pulled. So, I'll try it here and see if it stays up.

This is the way I see it. Agree or disagree, again, this is the way I see it. Sarah Palin left to go back to work 3 days after giving birth to a boy with Down Syndrome. Then, even though he is now only 4 months old, she decided to take on this campaign. Do I call that great mothering? No, not in my opinion. Today, they announce that her 17 year old unmarried daughter is pregnant. It happens, I get it. Yet, it all seems just fine to her because her daughter is going to have the baby and marry the father. :dontknow: Just another teen pregnancy. Senator Obama took the high road and said "leave families out of it."

OK, so let's talk about the fact that she was the Mayor of a town of only 7,000 people. And it has been stated, that she left that budget in tatters. Now she is the Governor of Alaska, a population of about 700,000 people, or 1/3 or the city of Chicago, or about 80 people per square mile. This is the person chosen to step in if something happens to the President. As Bill Mahr said, "when she gets a call at 3am it's because a moose has kicked over a garbage can. She is also under investigation in Alaska. Is McCain kidding? It's not funny.

Please don't give the argument that this is only a VP. 3 weeks ago, Sarah Palin did not even know what a VP did. Her own words. This particular VP slot is important as this is a 72 year old man that has had 4 bouts of cancer.

I think this is the lowest form of pandering and insulting to all women. If he thinks he's going to get the Hillary voters with Sarah Palin, that's a joke. Sarah Palin stands for everything Hillary Clinton has fought against all of her career. It won't wash.

McCain's choice speaks volumes about his judgement. Only meeting this woman one time, for 15 minutes, he decided she could run our country. He is so busy trying to be a maverick, he made an impulsive, and in my opinion, disastrous choice. This is not the kind of choices I want from the President, a man with his finger on the button. No thanks to the McCain/Palin ticket. You know, just when I think it can't get any worse, it does. We can't afford 4 more years of the same, whether you want to believe that or not. IMHO.
It's actually not 4 more years of the same -- it's worse!

Old 09-01-2008, 11:42 PM
n/a

Default Oh! You'll Get Responses, But...

...like I suggested in a couple of other political posts, none of us are convincing anyone. It seems that everyone's mind is made up. I'm not being critical of that because I know that my mind is made up.

That being the case, I'm not going to attempt to convince anyone else to reach the same conclusion on who to vote for as I have. Convincing myself was hard enough!

But I will read with interest the thrashing back and forth on the question of the presidential candidates. Every now and then a new factoid emerges--like the pregnant out-of-wedlock daughter of Sarah Palin. I heard that before, so I suppose it will be confirmed soon enough. It makes for an interesting juxtaposition of the vice presidential candidates on the subject of effective parenting however.

Anyway, the fireworks are about to begin, I'm sure. Have fun everyone...and please don't take any of this stuff seriously...at least until inauguration day.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:54 PM
n/a

Default Re: Sarah Palin! Again!

I agree VK. Let the fireworks begin! The Villages Florida
Old 09-02-2008, 12:12 AM
n/a

I must have missed the memo that decreed the appropriate size city or state to run.

I must have also missed where it states what size city or state (of any size) the senator....any senator has run.

As far as having a pregnant teen....none of our business. I dare say there are more in TV who wished they didn't have a grandchild that way....but it happens. If it were a Hollywood darling like Brittany's sister it might be more acceptable.....to some.
I was impressed with Obama's response....leave the family out of it.

As was stated by several members of this forum, when one thinks they have discovered something note worthy enough to put in print...it would be extremely helpful to name the source so we can all partake and have other than parroting or hear say.

I hope all are wise enough to know that there is a team (on each side) whose objective is to dig into every aspect of anything about either party. They operate on the basis when they find something, it is better to get kudos for finding and releasing something...even prematurely or not quite true. Once the arrow has been fired an apology won't bring it back.....it's politics.

C'mon folks if the American standards will tolerate Bill Clinton's shenanigan's in the White House, how could anything anybody else does be a problem?????

BTK
Old 09-02-2008, 12:18 AM
n/a

BTK, there is nothing in my statement which is not true. And again, I too have a right to my opinion.

BTW, if Bill Clinton's shenanigan's were the worst of our problems right now -- this country would be in good shape.

The Villages Florida
Old 09-02-2008, 12:23 AM
n/a

I am not voting Republican...I am an Obama supporter...

However, I don't think Palin's pregnant daughter should be prime time news...

We all have skeletons in our closet...we shouldn't judge...and it shouldn't be an issue. I agree with Obama.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:33 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea24
I agree VK. Let the fireworks begin! The Villages Florida
Bang!

In this case we have a person who would be a heartbeat away from the presidency with comparable "experience" to a person who wants the job now.

Sen. Obama hasn't had the responsibility of running anything in his professional life, let alone a town of 7,000 or a state of less than a million (Alaska ranks 47th of 50 in population). So, whether or not he would leave the US budget in tatters, based on no experience of ever having responsibility for a budget of any size, should be a concern. Having no public administration experience (Sen. Obama or Sen. Biden) is an issue, and was Sen. McCain not having any as well.

The last small-state governor (Arkansas, 33rd of 50) to become a president was a Democrat, and Democrats stated then state size was not an issue.

Personally, I think both parties based their VP choices in order to go after voters which they believed the primary candidate would not carry. That is unfortunate, because both went for vote-getting as opposed to establishing a team of leader-and-advisor. But, that's politics (sadly).

Old 09-02-2008, 12:34 AM
n/a

No fireworks from this corner. I think there are a few valid points made in the first post, although I do find objectionable the Maher comment and the ridiculing political badge made part of the post....not sure what that kind of stuff has to do with anything but being a bit mean...however.....I see some of the points.

I do have a question for the beginner of this thread.......

If in fact selecting Gov Palin opens up his judgement, why then can we not discuss the mentors, associates and advisors of Sen Obama as it relates to his judgement ?

I also will add, and I agree with a bit of your comments on experience....that spending one entire paragraph discussing her family and various pregnancies and praising Sen Obama, I would have hoped such a post as yours would have mentioned the nasty rumors that made this particular announcement necessary not that Sen Obama had anything at all to do with that I considr that kind of slander (which did make it to this board) some of the lowest.

But in any case....just give me a response to my question and I will go away and allow whatever..
Old 09-02-2008, 12:39 AM
n/a

Bucco, I never said you do not have the right to take Obama's former associates into your consideration. But for me, I have already looked into these and put my mind at rest.

I would never presume to tell anyone what right they do or do not have.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:40 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea24
I previously said I would not post in The Political Forum while the campaign was on, yet I did post in the Femme Forum to a question that was posed. Sarah Palin and Motherhood. My response was pulled. So, I'll try it here and see if it stays up.

This is the way I see it. Agree or disagree, again, this is the way I see it. Sarah Palin left to go back to work 3 days after giving birth to a boy with Down Syndrome. Then, even though he is now only 4 months old, she decided to take on this campaign. Do I call that great mothering? No, not in my opinion. Today, they announce that her 17 year old unmarried daughter is pregnant. It happens, I get it. Yet, it all seems just fine to her because her daughter is going to have the baby and marry the father. :dontknow: Just another teen pregnancy. Senator Obama took the high road and said "leave families out of it."

OK, so let's talk about the fact that she was the Mayor of a town of only 7,000 people. And it has been stated, that she left that budget in tatters. Now she is the Governor of Alaska, a population of about 700,000 people, or 1/3 or the city of Chicago, or about 80 people per square mile. This is the person chosen to step in if something happens to the President. As Bill Mahr said, "when she gets a call at 3am it's because a moose has kicked over a garbage can. She is also under investigation in Alaska. Is McCain kidding? It's not funny.

Please don't give the argument that this is only a VP. 3 weeks ago, Sarah Palin did not even know what a VP did. Her own words. This particular VP slot is important as this is a 72 year old man that has had 4 bouts of cancer.

I think this is the lowest form of pandering and insulting to all women. If he thinks he's going to get the Hillary voters with Sarah Palin, that's a joke. Sarah Palin stands for everything Hillary Clinton has fought against all of her career. It won't wash.

McCain's choice speaks volumes about his judgement. Only meeting this woman one time, for 15 minutes, he decided she could run our country. He is so busy trying to be a maverick, he made an impulsive, and in my opinion, disastrous choice. This is not the kind of choices I want from the President, a man with his finger on the button. No thanks to the McCain/Palin ticket. You know, just when I think it can't get any worse, it does. We can't afford 4 more years of the same, whether you want to believe that or not. IMHO.
It's actually not 4 more years of the same -- it's worse!

I could NOT have said it any better!!! I am a woman who stupidly voted twice for Bush because I believed everything he said to us, NOW , I am going to vote for Obama. I haven't voted Dem. in a long time BUT this year I will not be "brainwashed" again by "another Bush" which I think is McCain., My other reason for not voting for McCain is I think he's too hotheaded to be a President in these dangerous and turbulent times. God help us.

Old 09-02-2008, 12:42 AM
n/a

Bucco, I never said you do not have the right to take Obama's former associates into your consideration. But for me, I have already looked into these and put my mind at rest.

I would never presume to tell anyone what right they do or do not have.
__________________________________________________ ____________

Then I misunderstood you totally....I thought you said it was not an issue to be discussed.

I apologize
Old 09-02-2008, 12:42 AM
n/a

Obama was born to a teenage unwed mother. I am sure he can sympathize with the young girl's plight.

BTK- By the way, CNN reported McCain had several affairs while married to wife #1 and even applied for a marriage license to Cindy before his divorce was final. I think it was the series they did on their lives. You can probably find in on their website if you want to check it out. I am so over hearing about Clinton's escapade. I don't agree with it, but at least she was a female, unlike Mark Foley, Larry Craig, etc.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:48 AM
n/a

Palin's daughter can be the poster girl for another failed Bush policy, "abstinence only". Just remember that since Bush took office the government has spent over 1.5 BILLION on abstinence only nonsense.

Do doubt McBush, will continue on the same track!

Our tax dollars at work!
Old 09-02-2008, 12:59 AM
n/a

Just an observation....except for STEVE who gave stats and discussed the ISSUE of experience and BILLEKID...we have had thus far in this thread....

"As Bill Mahr said, "when she gets a call at 3am it's because a moose has kicked over a garbage can. "

"BTK- By the way, CNN reported McCain had several affairs while married to wife #1 and even applied for a marriage license to Cindy before his divorce was final."

"Palin's daughter can be the poster girl for another failed Bush policy, "abstinence only".

AND of course the cute button mocking the Republican ticket.

just an observation on the expected "fireworks"
Old 09-02-2008, 01:06 PM
n/a

Bucco, sorry I don't see your point here. The RNC has done and will do much more name calling than these few comments. They have already attacked Obama's family and his religion. Have you forgotten all this?

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.