Sarah Palin! Again!

Old 09-02-2008, 09:47 PM
n/a

Default Re: Sarah Palin! Again!

Come one, come all.......

Old 09-02-2008, 09:53 PM
n/a

What is wrong with equality?? If Sarah Palin was a liberal democrat there will be no criticism. Maybe we did not know that the only women that are entitled to equality are Democratic/Liberals.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:26 PM
n/a

Bucco, sorry I don't see your point here. The RNC has done and will do much more name calling than these few comments. They have already attacked Obama's family and his religion. Have you forgotten all this?
__________________________________________________ _______

Chelsea, want to make a quick reply to you as I have been out all day...MY POINT was really aimed at the comments that you and VILLAGESKAHUNA made when you began this thread...something like....watch the firworks or something like that...anyway, it made me think that you two expected those that DISAGREED with you to give you a hard time.

My point was that the only "fireworks", ie. slamming of anyone came from you and those who seemed to support you and those who opposed your views were calm, reasonable and made their point without any making fun or slamming anyone. I have never nor will I ever go after anyone personally...nor do I or will I make fun of candidates, parties, etc whether I agree or disagree with them. Thus I am very sensitive to this point and notice it and what I posed was alluding to the fact that the fireworks you expected came only from those that agreed with you.

I dont care for those who make fun of others ESPECIALLY in this campaign.

I will add concerning your comment about "The RNC has done and will do much more name calling than these few comments. They have already attacked Obama's family and his religion. Have you forgotten all this" You obviously feel that the Democratic party is clean and does not do this...I will just inform you that is not true and could do a complete thesis on the state of political campaigns in this country..if you think that KOS and MOVEON talk about Gov Palin protecting her daughter by lying about whose baby is was was done and nobody in the Democratic party knew it, you had better take off your rose colored glasses.
I want to make clear...both parties do it and it is a shame...I, personally, just do not like it when it is made to appear to be a one way street.

In that vein, you know how I feel about Sen Obama's background and training, and I have read and heard a number of credible reports saying that there is sort of an unspoken agreement to try and stay away from this area at this point. I have no problem with and have never questioned Sen Obama's character...be clear on that...it is his idealogy that bothers me.
In any case, rumors abound that what they are doing to Gov Palin on a personal level may make the unspoken agreement go by the board.....again, please do not think that the KOS's and MOVEONS operate on their very own...they dont. I mention them because I believe KOS was the source of the nasty stuff this time.

Again and just to make it clear...I have never questioned Sen Obama's character..I have never made light of him or Sen BIden..it is based truely on what I consider to be radical idealogy.

This became a long short reply but again the post last night was just to point out where the "fireworks" and personal attacks were coming from and not from what I think you expected !
Old 09-03-2008, 12:25 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by efrahin
What is wrong with equality?? If Sarah Palin was a liberal democrat there will be no criticism. Maybe we did not know that the only women that are entitled to equality are Democratic/Liberals.
I have to strongly disagree with this post....the Liberal Democrats have been beaten over the head for a number of years as godless and lacking Family Values. Now the Veep candidate has a pregnant daughter...What do you think Dr. Dobson would have said if this was Joe Biden's daughter? Not even close to what he said today.

Old 09-03-2008, 12:28 AM
n/a

Someone explain to me, and I guess you will need to use little words to make me understand....

How can any candidate, male or female, Republican or Democrat, liberal or conservative be criticized because their daughther is pregnant ?
Old 09-03-2008, 01:17 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco
Someone explain to me, and I guess you will need to use little words to make me understand....

How can any candidate, male or female, Republican or Democrat, liberal or conservative be criticized because their daughther is pregnant ?
Bucco, you are trying to find logic in an illogical situation. The tendency is to accept the fact that your candidate and those around them are human - complete with frailties - and to villify the other candidate because the other candidate and all around them are not "perfect."

It's the old "you gotta find fault someplace" game, and it always seems to come when the need is to create diversions away from your candidate because yours is lacking substance.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:22 AM
n/a

I, personally, am not criticizing ANYONE on the fact that their daughter is pregnant. All I said is "it happens." I, in fact, pointed out that Senator Obama took the high road and said" Leave family out of it." I completely agree with him. Even though his own family and values have been attacked from day one.

My problem is not with Sarah Palin's daughter, my problem is with Sarah Palin. And no matter how the Karl Rove Machine spins this, this woman is not ready to be Vice President, much less ready to step in as President.

She's probably a very nice "hockey mom." But, again, choosing her speaks volumes about McCain's judgment. The impulsiveness of this judgment boggles the mind. That's MY opinion.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:54 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea24
I, in fact, pointed out that Senator Obama took the high road and said" Leave family out of it." I completely agree with him. Even though his own family and values have been attacked from day one.
Don't think for one minute that the great Obama took the high road for non other than personal reasons.
He cant mock a women who is giving birth at 17 and unwed because of his mother.
He doesn't want family brought up because of his brother who lives on $2 a week but yet has the audacity to say "I am my brothers keeper" at the DNC. :
He doesn't want anyone digging into the lives of a 17 year old. He himself got drunk many times and smoked lots of weed when he was 17 (this was published in HIS own book).

So there's the big secret on why the great Obama took the so called "High Road" :
Old 09-03-2008, 12:37 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea24
My problem is ...with Sarah Palin. And no matter how the Karl Rove Machine spins this, this woman is not ready to be Vice President, much less ready to step in as President.

And you may very well be right!

Conceding that, when one matches Gov. Palin's governmental record versus Sen. Obama's, where is that experiental difference between the two which makes Sen. Obama presently ready to be President now versus Gov. Palin now or at some later date? In the end, isn't is supposed to be about qualifications ?
Old 09-03-2008, 12:49 PM
n/a

Are you sure that Obama's mom was a teen when he was born? I thought that both of his parents were attending the University of Hawaii. I could be wrong, unless my granddaughter took his book, I still have it, and will look it up.

I am in Politics again. OH Boy.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:56 PM
n/a

I think it's strange that Bristol is always holding the baby instead of Dad holding the baby. Palin says they broke the news of Bristols pregnancy to quell rumors that Bristol is the baby's mother. They say Bristol is 5 months pregnant but that doesn't mean she isn't Trig's Mother.
She may be 4 months pregnant. Who's counting, right??? I hope her child is born early enough to totally discount the suspicion that Trig is her baby..not Sarah's. If the baby is Bristols child, then the coverup would be shocking, all things considered.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:14 PM
n/a

All I said is "it happens

WHY would you even need to say anything ? Oh, because they made a statement that day and you were commenting. Why did they make a statement ? Oh, because a few left wing bloggers were spreading a vicious rumor about the parentage of the Gov's child.....but oh, the Obama campaign knew nothing about any of this....they would never ever use MOVEON or KOS to do something like this !

PLEASE dont be naive...BOTH parties do this....but please do not insult everyone by implying that it is only one party or even one man who does this....please do not try to paint the Sen Obama campaign as the saints of the world. They were in full battle motion when this announcement was made. This is why I do not watch much of the MSNBC's (Obama's network) or the FOX's (McCains channel)....the campaigns just feed them junk and away they go. It is not easy to get straight information anymore...you have to verify and validate to get facts, but please do not imply or in any way suggest that Sen Obama has a campaign that does not do this stuff...of course he stays clean and above the fray.

Now we have added this post to the thread...

"I think it's strange that Bristol is always holding the baby instead of Dad holding the baby. Palin says they broke the news of Bristols pregnancy to quell rumors that Bristol is the baby's mother. They say Bristol is 5 months pregnant but that doesn't mean she isn't Trig's Mother.
She may be 4 months pregnant. Who's counting, right??? I hope her child is born early enough to totally discount the suspicion that Trig is her baby..not Sarah's. If the baby is Bristols child, then the coverup would be shocking, all things considered."

These are the same posters who will not discuss Sen Obama's background and training, nor discuss his Global Poverty Act, etc, but jump on stuff like this.

Old 09-03-2008, 01:40 PM
n/a

Bucco, I'm not discussing Obama. What if the above scenario were true? It is possible.
I could care less if Bristol has 10 kids in rapid succession. I just don't want the possible second in command of the USA doing a possible cover up. If this scenario ends up being true, the damage to McCain will be huge. The election will be over when her child is born. What happens to the credibility if Sarah becomes the VP and the grandchild is not born until March?
I just saw that the foreign bookies are taking action on McCain dropping Palin from the ticket. As a Republican, that sure gives me the warm fuzzies.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:13 PM
n/a

Yes she was 17....the same age as Palin's daughter is now.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:14 PM
n/a

I just don't want the possible second in command of the USA doing a possible cover up.
__________________________________________________ ________________

Please explain your source for even thinking there was a "cover up" ? Why do you think this is even possible ? Your source please ????

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.