jobs, jobs, jobs......Carrier announces timeline for eliminating Indianapolis jobs

Old 05-24-2017, 07:26 AM
n/a

Default jobs, jobs, jobs......Carrier announces timeline for eliminating Indianapolis jobs

Carrier announces timeline for eliminating Indianapolis jobs

Fact Checking Donald Trump’s Job Creation Claims
Fact Checking Donald Trump'''s Job Creation Claims - NBC News

President Trump Likes Taking Credit for Jobs. Here Are the Facts
Trump Jobs: How Many the President Actually Created | Fortune.com

No, Trump Has Not Created 600,000 Jobs Since Becoming President
Old 05-24-2017, 07:43 AM
n/a

To live 10X better than the other countries requires being paid 10X more.

Companies can't afford it/won't pay it...so the jobs move.

They also don't have to put up with all the EEO and diversity bullsh!t...20% of the workforce is dead weight...women and minorities with quotas.

Our laws and unions have gone too far...and we're paying the price. It's just not worth it, it's not cost effective to keep manufacturing here when it's so much cheaper/easier to do it overseas. Shipping is cheap these days.

The country is lost. Liberals/progressives caused it with their insane policies. Policies that WOULD work in a small group of like minded people with equal ability. But don't with a population of 350 million and half of them incapable of taking care of themselves.
Old 05-24-2017, 09:18 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest

They also don't have to put up with all the EEO and diversity bullsh!t...20% of the workforce is dead weight...women and minorities with quotas.

Our laws and unions have gone too far...and we're paying the price. It's just not worth it, it's not cost effective to keep manufacturing here when it's so much cheaper/easier to do it overseas. Shipping is cheap these days.

The country is lost. Liberals/progressives caused it with their insane policies. Policies that WOULD work in a small group of like minded people with equal ability. But don't with a population of 350 million and half of them incapable of taking care of themselves.
Yep, I agree.
Old 05-26-2017, 10:21 AM
n/a

Quote:

The unions have lost most, if not all power, with the coming of the "RIGHT TO WORK STATES" .

I suggest if you really want to see what has happened to jobs in the United States you might get a copy of the book Glass House. It is the story about Anchor Hocking once the largest maker of glassware in the US and the town of Lancaster OH. The book not only looks at what happened to the company but also what happen to the town of Lancaster and its people.

I happened to be captive in a car for 4 days as I drove from Florida to Colorado so I listened to it as I drove.

A link to a completely non political book review

Glass House: The 1% Economy and the Shattering of the All-American Town by Brian Alexander, Hardcover | Barnes & Noble(R)

Also found Hillbilly Elegy to be an interesting read

Hillbilly Elegy by J. D. Vance on iBooks

COPUFF now in the Mile HIGH state
Old 05-26-2017, 04:42 PM
n/a

Obama started his first term by eliminating thousands of jobs No one remembers though. Then, he wasted a trillion bucks on his plan to "fix things" such as cash for clunkers (big loss), Solindra, etc. I'll take my chances with Trump. He has a better track record. Of course, Obie had NO track record, resume', experience, management or leadership training. Just another affirmative action recipient.
Old 05-26-2017, 04:47 PM
n/a

The point of this thread is basically....

YOU CANNOT BELIEVE A WORD THAT COMES OUT OF THIS WHITE HOUSE.
Old 05-26-2017, 04:50 PM
n/a

Quote:
Obama started his first term by eliminating thousands of jobs No one remembers though. Then, he wasted a trillion bucks on his plan to "fix things" such as cash for clunkers (big loss), Solindra, etc. I'll take my chances with Trump. He has a better track record. Of course, Obie had NO track record, resume', experience, management or leadership training. Just another affirmative action recipient.
Trumps "track record" is in developing and selling real estate and he went bankrupt more than anyone else in doing it.

THAT is the sum of his track record. He, IN HIS ENTIRE LIFE, has done nothing for this country...ever...nothing.
Old 05-26-2017, 04:56 PM
n/a

Quote:
The unions have lost most, if not all power, with the coming of the "RIGHT TO WORK STATES" .

I suggest if you really want to see what has happened to jobs in the United States you might get a copy of the book Glass House. It is the story about Anchor Hocking once the largest maker of glassware in the US and the town of Lancaster OH. The book not only looks at what happened to the company but also what happen to the town of Lancaster and its people.

I happened to be captive in a car for 4 days as I drove from Florida to Colorado so I listened to it as I drove.

A link to a completely non political book review

Glass House: The 1% Economy and the Shattering of the All-American Town by Brian Alexander, Hardcover | Barnes & Noble(R)

Also found Hillbilly Elegy to be an interesting read

Hillbilly Elegy by J. D. Vance on iBooks

COPUFF now in the Mile HIGH state
You're a WOMAN...you care about the PERSON...that's why you like these kinds of "stories"...but you MISS the BIG PICTURE!

Taken from your own link...Hillbilly:

"Hillbilly Elegy is a passionate and personal analysis of a culture in crisis—that of white working-class Americans. The decline of this group, a demographic of our country that has been slowly disintegrating over forty years, has been reported on with growing frequency and alarm"

THAT is the take home message...America is dying as the white male demographic falls. Over the last 40 years we've fallen in world ranking continuously. We're down to #25 now. BECAUSE white males were replaced by women and minorities. America is relying on the "second string", the "B" team...instead of ONLY the very best.
Old 05-26-2017, 04:58 PM
n/a

"BMW, Mercedes-Benz and VW are getting their turn in the crosshairs of U.S. President Donald Trump, who’s making a habit out of attacking the visible -- and free trade-dependent -- auto industry.

“The Germans are bad, very bad,” Der Spiegel cited Trump as saying to unidentified participants at a closed-door meeting Thursday with European Union officials in Brussels. “Look at the millions of cars that they sell in the U.S. Terrible. We’re going to stop that.”

BMW, Mercedes Become Latest Carmakers Caught in Trump Crossfire - Bloomberg
Old 05-26-2017, 05:01 PM
n/a

Quote:
The point of this thread is basically....

YOU CANNOT BELIEVE A WORD THAT COMES OUT OF THIS WHITE HOUSE.
This or ANY of the previous either.
Old 05-26-2017, 05:48 PM
n/a

You win some and lose some. How much taxpayer money did Trump lose that he invested in Carrier? Billions right? Oops, that was Obummer and Solindra.
Old 05-26-2017, 06:58 PM
n/a

Quote:
You're a WOMAN...you care about the PERSON...that's why you like these kinds of "stories"...but you MISS the BIG PICTURE!

Taken from your own link...Hillbilly:

"Hillbilly Elegy is a passionate and personal analysis of a culture in crisis—that of white working-class Americans. The decline of this group, a demographic of our country that has been slowly disintegrating over forty years, has been reported on with growing frequency and alarm"

THAT is the take home message...America is dying as the white male demographic falls. Over the last 40 years we've fallen in world ranking continuously. We're down to #25 now. BECAUSE white males were replaced by women and minorities. America is relying on the "second string", the "B" team...instead of ONLY the very best.
Don you do realize that J.D. Vance, the author of Hillbilly Elegy is a man don't you? Companies in this day an age don't care who they are cutting only that those jobs are being cut to feed the ever present dragon. If your company doesn't make the expected growth projected by Wall Street then hell fire will rain down.

The last 10 years of my employment in corporate America brought a number of those cycles.

But as of 2011 women made up 47% of the workforce so were still in the minority. But the real reason women maybe employed more is that they are only paid 77 cents to every dollar a man makes.
Old 05-26-2017, 07:29 PM
n/a

Default You are twisting facts

Quote:
Don you do realize that J.D. Vance, the author of Hillbilly Elegy is a man don't you? Companies in this day an age don't care who they are cutting only that those jobs are being cut to feed the ever present dragon. If your company doesn't make the expected growth projected by Wall Street then hell fire will rain down.

The last 10 years of my employment in corporate America brought a number of those cycles.

But as of 2011 women made up 47% of the workforce so were still in the minority. But the real reason women maybe employed more is that they are only paid 77 cents to every dollar a man makes.
Your 77 cents to the dollar for women-frankly I thought the percentage was lower than that. But, in any case, the number is an AVERAGE. With most top executives, the guys with the multi million compensation packages being men. It distorts AVERAGES. Aside,the top person at pepsi is a woman. I do not recall her name. I do recall a public interview where she discussed balancing her job with her family life.
Assuming that your 47% number is correct, YOU ARE REALLY STRETCHING IT TO CALL THAT A MINORITY.
Old 05-26-2017, 08:15 PM
n/a

Quote:
Your 77 cents to the dollar for women-frankly I thought the percentage was lower than that. But, in any case, the number is an AVERAGE. With most top executives, the guys with the multi million compensation packages being men. It distorts AVERAGES. Aside,the top person at pepsi is a woman. I do not recall her name. I do recall a public interview where she discussed balancing her job with her family life.
Assuming that your 47% number is correct, YOU ARE REALLY STRETCHING IT TO CALL THAT A MINORITY.
Anything under 50% is a minority! Your the one who said they had taken all the mens jobs.
Old 05-26-2017, 09:18 PM
n/a

Quote:

But "dead wood" IS a majority. Add the MANDATORY 15-20 for minorities and we're down to 25% left for white men...when it USED to be 90% white men. THIS IS the reason that America has fallen from #1 to #25...the changing demographics. Women and minorities ARE NOT AS CAPABLE as white men. I defy you to prove otherwise. White men create. Invent. Make the world a BETTER place with their technology. As the whites are falling, the Asians are replacing them in intellectual endeavors. The blacks and Hispanics invading America will just drag us down. We're literally becoming 3rd world as we're invaded by 3rd worlders.

For MOST jobs...they're not even worth that. How many road construction sites do you see the ladies holding the slow/stop signs while the men are digging? Have you EVER seen the ladies digging and the men holding the signs? How many high steel worker women do you know? Industrial pipefitters? Construction? You ARE better at some thing...MANY things...just not the SAME things. You shouldn't try to be men...you should try to be women. You're NOT as strong. You never will be. Just like I'll NEVER make the NBA...YOU shouldn't try to be what you're not good at.

Quote:
Good for you Susie...it IS stretching it considering the mandatory minority quotas too.

The top executives make obscene amounts of money...it skews averages...it skews the mean. The CEO...is there to lie to the workers/shareholders while the board loots the company.

Tags
jobs, indianapolis, eliminating, timeline, carrier

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.