Trump legislative agenda

Old 06-14-2017, 02:55 PM
n/a

Default Trump legislative agenda

A few selected items from the Trump agenda.....you folks always say you want to talk about substance and issues...

1. Appoint a Supreme Court Justice. Done and apparently a good choice

2. Repel and replace Obama Care. Passed the House by 4 votes, losing 20 Republican votes. Now to the senate where it has been declared dead already. The House bill state by state expansion of Medicaid that provided coverage for millions of lower income americans. instead the house bill provides tax credits. It also strips health care from approx 24 million americans. The Senate has been working seperate from the House on this. Problem here is that the Republicans, for 7 years have been working on this and still nothing. Interesting that the bill was praised loudly by President Trump and now he is saying it is not compassionate enough. With so much of this done in total privacy, cannot comment because little is publicly known.

3. Impose a travel ban. Again struck down by the courts and once again used the Presidents own words to do so. This I never understood. The countries on and not on the ban make no sense to me at all.

4. Build a wall on Mexican border and have Mexico pay for it. Well, he needs congress to approve all the spending no matter what he says and that budget for the country seems to be very important. Again, I have always supported "comprehensive" immigration reform, which was in the works in congress before election season and was non partisan in nature. THAT is gone.

He also wants tax reform, ie., less brackets, etc but he has only submitted an outline to congress and they have to try and turn that into legislation of some sort.

His problem is his own interference in any ongoing investigation that involves him or the campaign. Already fired 3 Justice department employees for investigating him (money laundering, Flynn, and the ex FBI director..why depends on what day).

THIS IS IMPORTANT. EVERY time congress begins to work at any agenda, he fires someone tweets and insults someone or some such thing. EVERY time this happens congress has to stop what they are doing and deal with whatever he has said or done. He has begun a systematic campaign now to destroy Mueller. Today, Kellyanne Conway was on twitter ripping into his staff...president floated the idea of firing....My opinion, and I have never waivered that THE issue is the presidency. Todays shooting is an indication of what is happening in this country, and the constant HATE SPEAK needs to stop. You can get tired of me talking about the President being a mean spirited person and degraded our country in Public, but it is my opinion, THAT is the single biggest threat or issue we have. If he waits to grow up and realize he speaks for the country, we got problems.

Foreign affairs.....confusing. Qatar was/is a disaster and now our ambassador has walked away and quit. Being so chummy with Saudi Arabia is not something I favor. Afghanastan we have lost, and all his cabinet has said so. Trump seems to have turned his back on it and allowed Mattis to decide if and when we send more troops so we shall see. ISIS.....Trump promises a news conference in two weeks on this fight and maybe we find out.....

But thought would begin some of the legislative agenda items and maybe those who always say they wish to discuss issues can pick one and engage intelligently on that issue they select.

Tags
agenda, legislative, trump

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.