Old 06-05-2011, 05:38 AM
n/a

Default And the beat goes on....

Popcorn anyone
Old 06-05-2011, 06:04 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitakk View Post
You better watch out - we "lefties" live next door or maybe across the street. There are more of us than you think and our numbers are growing every day. You probably waited in line at Publix with one right in front of you, but don't worry - intelligence is not contagious!
I am not a leftie and I am not an extreme rightie. I guess I am a moderate, but my trouble with Sarah Palin is not that she isn't smart, but that she seems too impulsive and I feel she isn't very polished, for lack of better words.

Everyone is entitled to her own opinion, but I wouldn't choose her as a close friend. I think she has guts. I think she has her own style, but she is not speaking to me, or pushing my right buttons.

I don't think she is quite old enough to have aquired enough life knowledge. I think her family is kind of at sixes and sevens. We have raised a mentally challenged child and know what time and dedication that job is all on it's own.

It can be argued that none of these things can or should be considered as a detriment to running for the highest office in the country, but it is a detriment to me.

All votes matter. All voters matter.

Oh boy, here I am in political again.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:46 AM
n/a

I've said it before, I don't hate Palin. I just think she's ill-suited to the task oif anything of real substance. I've repeatedly given a list of reasons why I'm no fan of her (except for some respect for her business acumen). I mean, some people make fun of her bus tour and how an "unemplyed woman" can get people to fund her PAC so she can take her kids on a cross-country vacation. And, apparently that *IS* legal since she has NOT formally declared herself as a candidate. But other things..

Complaining that the media won't let her alone - while travelling in a shrink-wrapped bus DESIGNED to get attention.

Saying it's not for publicity. That's the biggest example of clulessness or being disingenuous I've seen in a while.

Her comments on Paul Revere - since when was he firing shots and ringing bells? I mean, if you want to position the ride as a colonial referendum on gun guntrol, can you at least get your facts straight? Hint: Dawes and Prescott did far more and can we finally tell people that WE WERE BRITISH AT THE TIME! (The cry could have been 'the Regulars are coming' - meaning the British Regular troops, the army. Saying "The British are coming" would be like someone in a compound saying "The Americans are coming" as opposed to "The Cops are coming!"
Old 06-05-2011, 08:52 AM
n/a

When we have a President who cannot speak in a way that shows real intelligence unless he is reading his text verbatim from a teleprompter, and he often flubs even that, it's really absurd to criticize others as not being Presidential caliber. How much more dopey can you look than our present President with his many, though under-publicized, to put it nicely, gaffes and in speaking and acting in his appearances.

Also you'll see, if you take the time, his insulting comments to some of our staunchest allies.

I'll just list a few links to show what I mean. I could list many more. But those who are deeply in love with Obama will never be able to sit through these that I've already linked.

Bush and Palin would have been roundly skewered for any of these examples.

http://scottystarnes.wordpress.com/2...h-afghanistan/

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/wash...elizabeth.html

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8oXw4FJF8g&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4-AKcH3eC8&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
Old 06-05-2011, 08:55 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by djplong View Post
I've said it before, I don't hate Palin. I just think she's ill-suited to the task oif anything of real substance. I've repeatedly given a list of reasons why I'm no fan of her (except for some respect for her business acumen). I mean, some people make fun of her bus tour and how an "unemplyed woman" can get people to fund her PAC so she can take her kids on a cross-country vacation. And, apparently that *IS* legal since she has NOT formally declared herself as a candidate. But other things..

Complaining that the media won't let her alone - while travelling in a shrink-wrapped bus DESIGNED to get attention.

Saying it's not for publicity. That's the biggest example of clulessness or being disingenuous I've seen in a while.

Her comments on Paul Revere - since when was he firing shots and ringing bells? I mean, if you want to position the ride as a colonial referendum on gun guntrol, can you at least get your facts straight? Hint: Dawes and Prescott did far more and can we finally tell people that WE WERE BRITISH AT THE TIME! (The cry could have been 'the Regulars are coming' - meaning the British Regular troops, the army. Saying "The British are coming" would be like someone in a compound saying "The Americans are coming" as opposed to "The Cops are coming!"
Did you read the link I posted and maybe then do your own research if you didn't trust the authors printed excerpts from historical records?

Somehow I don't think so.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:26 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
When we have a President who cannot speak in a way that shows real intelligence unless he is reading his text verbatim from a teleprompter, and he often flubs even that, it's really absurd to criticize others as not being Presidential caliber. How much more dopey can you look than our present President with his many, though under-publicized, to put it nicely, gaffes and in speaking and acting in his appearances.

]
There you are with the teleprompter criticism again. Frankly, Richie, I thought you were above such tiresome and, candidly, stupid beliefs.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:42 AM
n/a

Default He's Obviously So Biased

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleMN View Post
There you are with the teleprompter criticism again. Frankly, Richie, I thought you were above such tiresome and, candidly, stupid beliefs.
that he can't think in an objective manner when it comes to president Obama. He faults Obama's ability to present ideas intelligently, yet he worships GWB who had problems stringing two coherent sentences together. Look back at his posts after we got Bin Laden, and you can clearly see that he was angry that it was Obama that got him. I'm sure that deep down he would rather have Bin Laden still around than have Obama get any credit for his death.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:57 AM
n/a

Very predictable and very pathetic responses from 2 that I expect no more from.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:18 AM
n/a

Default I Know That When

Quote:
you can't come up with a response, you resort to dismissing others as predictable, etc.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:22 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by actor View Post
you can't come up with a response, you resort to dismissing others as predictable, etc.
My response was above. I don't have to say much more. Let me make it clear. The President is a terrible speaker unless he's reading a script, and maybe one of the worst I've ever seen. There's, no one, with the exception of Joe Biden, who is as flawed in thinking on their feet.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:23 AM
n/a

Now for the real history of Good Ole Paul.

"Gather around and I will tell you a tell of the midnight ride of Paul Revere;"
"He jump in his car, tromped on the gas and fell on his ***."

That is the true story. LMAOROTF at this thread. She has not even announced yet. Just wait until the field is full, then have this discussion.

As for being left or right, the Constitution is the supreme law of the land for both sides. Read it, learn what is says and if "your" elected representative is not following that document. Get rid of him/her at the next election or do a recall.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:31 AM
n/a

Quote:
Predictable yes, pathetic, I think not.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:32 AM
n/a

Sarah Palin wouldn't know a gaffe unless it was sticking in fish.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:02 AM
n/a

Make fun all you want, but the fact is that Gov. Palin is not scared to engage the media as is your savior, "The One", the inimitable President Barack Hussein Obama, who would erupt in a thousand "uhh's" if he had to speak "off the cuff".

Even in this article by CNN, who also didn't know the true historical account of the Paul Revere ride that only Gov. Pain seemed to know, they have to give her credit for that.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/06/04/palin.tour/
Old 06-05-2011, 12:40 PM
n/a

It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err.

Mahatma Gandhi

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.