And she could have been our Vice President

Old 06-09-2011, 08:18 PM
n/a

Richie,

Your Simpson's cartoon is exactly right! Nelson is laughing at the possibility that Sarah Palin would actually know some history.

Like I explained earlier, some staffer (probably paid less than minimum wage but not an undocumented worker) found a factiod on Paul Revere. The staff decided to have Sarah say it, have the media jump on her, present the factoid, and BINGO - Sarah is a historian.

Put Sarah on Face the Nation or Meet The Press with no advance questions and see how she does. Oops, she does not do unrehersed questions. Reason: She cannot think on her feet.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:27 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
Richie,

Your Simpson's cartoon is exactly right! Nelson is laughing at the possibility that Sarah Palin would actually know some history.

Like I explained earlier, some staffer (probably paid less than minimum wage but not an undocumented worker) found a factiod on Paul Revere. The staff decided to have Sarah say it, have the media jump on her, present the factoid, and BINGO - Sarah is a historian.

Put Sarah on Face the Nation or Meet The Press with no advance questions and see how she does. Oops, she does not do unrehersed questions. Reason: She cannot think on her feet.
Lame-o; you're the one who's not paying attention. It'll bite you in the........
Old 06-10-2011, 05:49 AM
n/a

There's an interesting juxtaposition here.

The article you linked to describes Palin as incredibly intelligent, laying a trap for liberals.

This is also the woman who was writing on her hand and giving Katie Couric blank stares.

Look, only Sarah knows what was really going through her head when she was asked what she'd take away from her visit to Boston. Everyone can have their opinion ranging from "she was clever" to "she got lucky" (Politifact rated her as 'barely true' because of the context she put around her comments).

For *true* haters of Palin, they're just waiting for the next Quayle-ism.

Me? Well, I'd like her to stop complaining about the media given that she's in a shrink-wrapped bus designed to draw attention. In all reality, I'd like her to get off the fence and announce one way or the other if she's running.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:21 AM
n/a

D.J.; For a "non-hater", you sure have a lock on the hater talking point criticisms of her.

Very revealing; but I kinda already knew.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:47 AM
n/a

Default You don't have

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
D.J.; For a "non-hater", you sure have a lock on the hater talking point criticisms of her.

Very revealing; but I kinda already knew.
an objective bone in your body.
Old 06-10-2011, 09:05 AM
n/a

w
Old 06-11-2011, 03:35 PM
n/a

There's a difference. I'm always willing to give someone the benefit of the doubt.

I saw some liberals praising Palin yesterday. ...and I'm NOT being sarcastic. They talked about how, as governor of Alaska, she closed a loophole or passed legislation that stopped oil companies from cheating the state out of some $12B in taxes. She did this well before she was tapped by the McCain camp for VP. She also cleaned up a lot of the corrupt GOP machine in Alaska, if what I'm hearing is true.

Where is THAT Sarah Palin? The Sarah Palin that held the oil companies feet to the fire would collide headlong with the current GOP aversion to even stopping oil subsidies in an era of trillion dollar deficits while they make record multibillion profits.

It's just like John McCain - where was the McCain I voted for in 2000? He certainly wasn't there in 2008. He was LONG gone by then.
Old 06-11-2011, 05:19 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by djplong View Post
There's a difference. I'm always willing to give someone the benefit of the doubt.

I saw some liberals praising Palin yesterday. ...and I'm NOT being sarcastic. They talked about how, as governor of Alaska, she closed a loophole or passed legislation that stopped oil companies from cheating the state out of some $12B in taxes. She did this well before she was tapped by the McCain camp for VP. She also cleaned up a lot of the corrupt GOP machine in Alaska, if what I'm hearing is true.

Where is THAT Sarah Palin? The Sarah Palin that held the oil companies feet to the fire would collide headlong with the current GOP aversion to even stopping oil subsidies in an era of trillion dollar deficits while they make record multibillion profits.

It's just like John McCain - where was the McCain I voted for in 2000? He certainly wasn't there in 2008. He was LONG gone by then.
See, you're starting to get reacquainted with the true Sarah Palin because of this "lame stream" media colonoscopy that is being done to the former Governor of Alaska; that is the culmination of their years old obsession with her.

This is quickly going to turn into a situation where the liberal Palin haters are getting what they wanted, and end of kicking themselves because of it.

My guess is that they will try to shut this down early and prevent much more verbatim releases that are all mainly showing a hands-on, thoroughly engaged chief executive in competent administration of her state's business.
Old 06-16-2011, 03:42 PM
n/a

As for anyone who calls Sarah Palin "stupid"...... have you used this word when describing any male candidate?

I have only heard this adjective used when describing Sarah Palin. This shows just how low some people (more often men than women) will stoop to attack Sarah Palin.

I did not vote for Obama because I believed he was unqualified, but never would I refer to him (or any candidate) as "stupid." While many of our elected officials have said or done some extremely "stupid things" .... IMO..... calling them "stupid" is very mean-spirited.
Old 06-16-2011, 03:58 PM
n/a

We on the Republican side of the debate owe Gov. Sarah Palin a great debt of gratitude for taking the hits and providing cover for the rest of the party. I heard Dennis Miller make this point and thought it very astute. He thinks the Palin haters won't be able to attack Michele Bachmann with the same crazy vitriol, as it will seem to reveal a Democrat M.O. of attacking female candidates.

Palin's been taking the heat and gets up time and time again and is arguably stronger than ever.

Makes me think of that Chumbawamba song.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:22 PM
n/a

Default Let This Thread Die

Would someone please kill this thread - puleeeze!
Old 06-16-2011, 05:33 PM
n/a

Default I'm not a Palin fan BUT

Palin is pretty smart as she laughs her way to the BANK!
Old 06-16-2011, 07:40 PM
n/a

Actually Bush was referred to as 'stupid' many, many times.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:04 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by djplong View Post
Actually Bush was referred to as 'stupid' many, many times.
It's kind of a pattern with Democrats against people they want to diminish yet who succeed and confound them.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:14 PM
n/a

If Sarah Palin is such a dunce, why is the left expending so much effort trying to find an email to use to insult her?

I think the left is afraid.

C

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.