The slide into oblivian continues

Old 04-20-2016, 12:58 PM
n/a

Default The slide into oblivian continues

Treasury Secretary Jack Lew on Wednesday will announce plans to both keep Alexander Hamilton on the front of the $10 bill and to knock Andrew Jackson off the front of the $20 in favor of Harriet Tubman, sources tell POLITICO.

Lew is expected to roll out a set of changes that also include putting leaders of the women’s suffrage movement on the back of the $10 bill, and incorporating civil rights era leaders and other important moments in American history into the $5 bill.

Hamilton to stay on $10; Tubman replacing Jackson - POLITICO

More than half of new public school enrollees are minorities. We've gone over the edge of the slippery slope. The nation will never be the same. Our history will slowly be replace by their history. Hope you enjoyed the good times.
Old 04-20-2016, 01:51 PM
n/a

"civil rights era leaders"?

Huh...I wonder if Rev Sharpton is going down to help his fellow countrymen with recovery from those floods in Houston? He is probably going to wait for the water to recede...
Old 04-20-2016, 02:20 PM
n/a

Cool, now put Obama's face on the $3.00 bill - where he belongs
Old 04-20-2016, 03:36 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Cool, now put Obama's face on the $3.00 bill - where he belongs
......but on the backside of it...
Old 04-20-2016, 04:10 PM
n/a

And before today who ever heard of Tubman?
Nobody.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harriet_Tubman

All one can conclude is why is this person being chosen over all the known heros that made America great!

The majority is going to take another one in the chops.

And who in their right (or left) mind would challenge the choice and start another race debate of national proportion.

These are the kinds of actions that should be reviewed with the fat fat congress that SUPPOSEDLY represent us.

Does somebody in the treasury owe the black movement a favor or what?

If and when they ever make the change every American should refuse to accept them and hope the bill goes the way of the Susan B. Anthony coin....in a bag on the shelf at the treasury.
Old 04-20-2016, 05:38 PM
n/a

First, if you do not know of Harriett Tubman, you are extremely ignorant about American history.

Second, there IS a black man in the group of people pictured on the back of the $2 bill. Surely, you have received $2 bills as change from your visits to strip clubs.

The reason Susan Anthony coins are not popular is the size was too often confused with a quarter - and a paper dollar is much easier to use and carry.

Why the fuss at changing pictures on bills? As long as the $20 buys the same amount, I do not care whose is on it
Old 04-20-2016, 05:47 PM
n/a

Quote:
And before today who ever heard of Tubman?
Nobody.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harriet_Tubman

All one can conclude is why is this person being chosen over all the known heros that made America great!

The majority is going to take another one in the chops.

And who in their right (or left) mind would challenge the choice and start another race debate of national proportion.

These are the kinds of actions that should be reviewed with the fat fat congress that SUPPOSEDLY represent us.

Does somebody in the treasury owe the black movement a favor or what?

If and when they ever make the change every American should refuse to accept them and hope the bill goes the way of the Susan B. Anthony coin....in a bag on the shelf at the treasury.
The biggest problem was the Susan B. Anthony dollar looked and felt too much like a quarter. People didn’t want them and didn’t want to use them. So within three years the U-S Treasury stopped making them.

Read More: The Most Disliked Coin In U-S History | The Most Disliked Coin In U-S History

It was not because the coin featured a woman.

Kids have been studying Harriet Tubman since at least the 80's. First she was going to go on the $10 dollar bill but the Broadway musical Hamilton made him popular again so they put Tubman on the $20 instead.

Stonewall Jackson made his fortune with slaves and was well known for fighting American Indians. So he is not too popular in some circles. When they asked the treasury why Jackson was first put on the bill they did not have an answer. That seems hard to believe, doesn't it?

Don't shoot the messenger.

Good Luck boycotting twenties.
Old 04-20-2016, 06:06 PM
n/a

When I was typing the post I was going to put in a qualifier knowing all about why the coin was not popular. However that was not the point.

The point was don't use it it will go away!!! Nothing to do with coins vs bills.

Nothing to do with woman or women!
Old 04-20-2016, 08:55 PM
n/a

[QUOTE=Guest;1215271]

Stonewall Jackson made his fortune with slaves and was well known for fighting American Indians. So he is not too popular in some circles. When they asked the treasury why Jackson was first put on the bill they did not have an answer. That seems hard to believe, doesn't it?

Don't shoot the messenger.QUOTE]

I will not shoot the messenger - HOWEVER, Andrew Jackson is the "dead President" on the $20 bill. He was the 7th President of the USA. He was, as you stated, very wealthy with his plantation and hundreds of slaves as well as an Indian fighter. Andrew Jackson died in 1845. The Civil War was not for about 20 more years.

Stonewall Jackson was a Southern general and second greatest only to Robert E. Lee. He was accidentally shot by a Confederate sentry and died in 1863.
Old 04-20-2016, 09:52 PM
n/a

Who cares? I hardly ever use currency anyway. I normally use plastic for just about any purchase. If having that woman on the money makes liberals feel all warm and fuzzy, just give them a bone. They will have a tantrum and accuse conservatives of racism, sexism and all kinds of other nasty traits if they don't get their way. Gotta give the spoiled kids a bone once in a while for they will destroy the house.
Old 04-20-2016, 09:56 PM
n/a

My biggest complaint is the cost of doing this. Artist, engraving etc.
Old 04-20-2016, 10:03 PM
n/a

Quote:
My biggest complaint is the cost of doing this. Artist, engraving etc.
No big deal. They'll just print some new money to offset the cost.
Old 04-20-2016, 10:35 PM
n/a

Quote:
First, if you do not know of Harriett Tubman, you are extremely ignorant about American history.

Second, there IS a black man in the group of people pictured on the back of the $2 bill. Surely, you have received $2 bills as change from your visits to strip clubs.

The reason Susan Anthony coins are not popular is the size was too often confused with a quarter - and a paper dollar is much easier to use and carry.

Why the fuss at changing pictures on bills? As long as the $20 buys the same amount, I do not care whose is on it
I would make a wager you could ask 10 people and they would not know the name.
Make it 20 or more.

And you have no cause what so ever to call another person ignorant. The name calling must bring on a high or a rise of some kind. Why else would anyone be so disrespectful and rude. Ignorance?
Old 04-21-2016, 03:09 AM
n/a

Quote:
I would make a wager you could ask 10 people and they would not know the name.
Make it 20 or more.

And you have no cause what so ever to call another person ignorant. The name calling must bring on a high or a rise of some kind. Why else would anyone be so disrespectful and rude. Ignorance?
Old 04-21-2016, 03:15 AM
n/a

I would wager a month's pension check that you could ask ten blacks who Harriet Tubman was and they wouldn't even know. Heck, most folks don't even know who Booker T Washington was.

"No greater injury can be done to any youth than to let him feel that because he belongs to this or that race he will be advanced in life regardless of his own merits or efforts". Booker T. Washington

Tags
bill, history, front, $10, lew, leaders, public, enrollees, half, school, era, rights, important, moments, minorities, american, slope, replace, hope, times, good, enjoyed, slowly, edge, slippery

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.