The slide into oblivian continues

Old 04-21-2016, 08:56 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I'm just telling you what the facts state. What happens in the real world. So it doesn't happen here to our wonderful country.
I want to read what you read. It will be a fact when I find it from 3 sources. Otherwise it's only a fact to you and your opinion for the rest of us.
At least we agree on one thing, evolution. How we evolved is the argument.

Did you understand the Svante Paabo ted TALK?
Here's another that 's easier to follow:
Old 04-21-2016, 09:42 AM
n/a

Quote:
I'm just telling you what the facts state. What happens in the real world. So it doesn't happen here to our wonderful country.
I vaguely remembered reading something that answers your question. I poked around and found it and I will be providing more information as I find it.

https://www.edge.org/conversation/ja...inents-for-the

"Most people are explicitly racists," he says. "In parts of the world — so called educated, so-called western society — we've learned that it is not polite to be racist, and so often we don't express racist views, but nevertheless I've given lectures on this subject, and members of the National Academy of Sciences come up to me afterwards and say, but native Australians, they're so primitive. Racism is one of the big issues in the world today. Racism is the big social problem in the United States."

So why are people racists? According to Jared, racism involves the belief that other people are not capable of being educated. Or being human — that they're different from us, and they're less than human. It was through his work in New Guinea for the last 30 years that convinced him that it's not true. "'They' are smarter than we are," he says. But perhaps the main reason why people resort to racist explanations, he notes, is that they don't have another answer. Until there's a convincing answer why history really took the course that it did, people are going to fall back on the racist explanation. Jared believes that the big world impact of his ideas may being in demolishing the basis for racist theories of history and racist views.

read the rest and tell me what you think
Old 04-21-2016, 10:29 AM
n/a

I found what I was looking for. It's a National Geographic video entitled Guns, Germs and Steel---Jared Diamond

Take a look at it.
Old 04-21-2016, 10:54 AM
n/a

Rumors are Barney Frank's going to be on the 2 dollar bill
Old 04-21-2016, 10:54 AM
n/a

Quote:
Would he be unknown?

They want to put Harriet on the bill, just to pander for the votes. You would think that they could at least find someone a bit more appealing and less scary looking. Just saying.
Maybe Lincoln?

The Villages Florida
Old 04-21-2016, 10:57 AM
n/a

Quote:
Maybe Lincoln?

The Villages Florida

Yep Abe was only 19 in that photo
Old 04-21-2016, 11:32 AM
n/a

Quote:
I vaguely remembered reading something that answers your question. I poked around and found it and I will be providing more information as I find it.

https://www.edge.org/conversation/ja...inents-for-the

"Most people are explicitly racists," he says. "In parts of the world — so called educated, so-called western society — we've learned that it is not polite to be racist, and so often we don't express racist views, but nevertheless I've given lectures on this subject, and members of the National Academy of Sciences come up to me afterwards and say, but native Australians, they're so primitive. Racism is one of the big issues in the world today. Racism is the big social problem in the United States."

So why are people racists? According to Jared, racism involves the belief that other people are not capable of being educated. Or being human — that they're different from us, and they're less than human. It was through his work in New Guinea for the last 30 years that convinced him that it's not true. "'They' are smarter than we are," he says. But perhaps the main reason why people resort to racist explanations, he notes, is that they don't have another answer. Until there's a convincing answer why history really took the course that it did, people are going to fall back on the racist explanation. Jared believes that the big world impact of his ideas may being in demolishing the basis for racist theories of history and racist views.

read the rest and tell me what you think
I'm quite familiar with most of the "they're equal" literature, yes, I read Guns, Germs, and Steel, The Bell Curve, among others. The equality argument just doesn't hold up.

As a whole these "people" just can't make it in a modern western society. Native American Indians, most of them never made it in "white" society and they "live" like cattle on reservations. Central American Indians who they've tried to bring out of the jungles and into modern societies don't prosper. Not until several generations of mixed breeding. Blacks have never moved out of poverty and violence. Africa today has genocide and slavery. All this talk is just that...talk. SHOW me successful blacks. Show me a tribe brought out of the Amazon or New Guinea who is thriving. They're not. You're peeing on my leg and you're telling me it's raining. We've become, through isolation, different species, like Darwins finches. Each specialized and different. We refuse to admit it and work WITH it, instead, we fight our strengths and weaknesses.

There IS something to be said about Neanderthal DNA in ALL human populations except negroids. Maybe the hybrid became just a little smarter, a little more ambitious. We're as close to chimpanzee DNS as we are to non-hybrid negroid DNA. Closer in some cases. It's said "we" have between 1-5% Neanderthal DNA, we're only 2% removed from Chimps.

I'm NOT saying blacks are chimps, I'm saying there is diversity in DNA among humans. I'm saying maybe the Neanderthal DNA added something critical that "we" have and they don't.

I'm saying there are genetic differences, physiological differences, psychological differences, ALONG with the skin coloring and the myriad of other physical differences like hair, ears, nose, musculature, bones, etc. There's a reason we look and act so different. It's genetic.

Quote:
Yep Abe was only 19 in that photo
OMG, that was funny as hell...
Old 04-21-2016, 11:50 AM
n/a

Quote:
I'm quite familiar with most of the "they're equal" literature, yes, I read Guns, Germs, and Steel, The Bell Curve, among others. The equality argument just doesn't hold up.
Give me something to read that supports your argument.
Old 04-21-2016, 12:05 PM
n/a

Quote:
The Bell Curve supports your argument not mine.
"The Bell Curve: Intelligence and Class Structure in American Life is a 1994 book by psychologist Richard J. Herrnstein and political scientist Charles Murray, in which they argue that human intelligence is substantially influenced by both inherited and environmental factors and is a better predictor of many personal dynamics, including financial income, job performance, birth out of wedlock, and involvement in crime than are an individual's parental socioeconomic status, or education level. They also argue that those with high intelligence, the "cognitive elite", are becoming separated from those of average and below-average intelligence.
The book was controversial, especially where the authors wrote about racial differences in intelligence and discussed the implications of those differences. The authors were misreported throughout the popular press as arguing that these IQ differences are genetic. In fact, they wrote in chapter 13: "It seems highly likely to us that both genes and the environment have something to do with racial differences." The introduction to the chapter more cautiously states, "The debate about whether and how much genes and environment have to do with ethnic differences remains unresolved."
The book's title comes from the bell-shaped normal distribution of intelligence quotient (IQ) scores in a population.
Shortly after publication, many people rallied both in criticism and defense of the book. A number of critical texts were written in response to the work."

How did you not know this if you read the book?
Old 04-21-2016, 12:23 PM
n/a

Quote:
Take a flying you know what on a rolling donut while amusing and playing with yourself!
it would be so nice if ignorant people like you would just accept the fact they are just lacking intelligence.
Old 04-21-2016, 12:31 PM
n/a

Quote:
Give me something to read that supports your argument.
Why do you have to read something by someone else? Can't you form your own opinion by viewing reality? Look around, where is the "black villages"? Where is the black "top school" Where can you find anything "great" that is 99.9% black. You won't. You'll find athletic records because THAT is what they're good at, THAT is what they were designed for. Remember, they never evolved past hunter gatherer, no great cities, no wheel, no written language. They ran and climbed trees. That's still what they excel at. Not differential equations. They wouldn't be in college without quotas and affirmative action. They wouldn't be working in most jobs without quotas and affirmative action. Everything I see about them screams "they're different". Is the black person ever "the guru", the go to person? Not often.

Show me something that supports YOUR argument. Everything I'd show you, you'd just dismiss as racist. Because that's what they label the truth.
Old 04-21-2016, 12:37 PM
n/a

Quote:
The Bell Curve supports your argument not mine.
"The Bell Curve: Intelligence and Class Structure in American Life is a 1994 book by psychologist Richard J. Herrnstein and political scientist Charles Murray, in which they argue that human intelligence is substantially influenced by both inherited and environmental factors and is a better predictor of many personal dynamics, including financial income, job performance, birth out of wedlock, and involvement in crime than are an individual's parental socioeconomic status, or education level. They also argue that those with high intelligence, the "cognitive elite", are becoming separated from those of average and below-average intelligence.
The book was controversial, especially where the authors wrote about racial differences in intelligence and discussed the implications of those differences. The authors were misreported throughout the popular press as arguing that these IQ differences are genetic. In fact, they wrote in chapter 13: "It seems highly likely to us that both genes and the environment have something to do with racial differences." The introduction to the chapter more cautiously states, "The debate about whether and how much genes and environment have to do with ethnic differences remains unresolved."
The book's title comes from the bell-shaped normal distribution of intelligence quotient (IQ) scores in a population.
Shortly after publication, many people rallied both in criticism and defense of the book. A number of critical texts were written in response to the work."

How did you not know this if you read the book?
Yes...genes...genes...genes. Then the doubly whammy of having to live with other morons.

The BEST evidence that blacks are "different"...ALL the lists of the "best" and "worst". Best standard of living, no black countries...lowest standard, all black countries. Best educated, no black countries...least educated, all black countries. Most violent, all black countries...least violent, no black countries. Pick something, anything. The "best" will be white or asian, the worst, black.

THIS is what taught me...you know what...maybe I'm being conned.
Old 04-21-2016, 01:01 PM
n/a

Quote:
Show me something that supports YOUR argument. Everything I'd show you, you'd just dismiss as racist. Because that's what they label the truth.
RaceSci: History of Race in Science: In Media: What DNA Says About Human Ancestry - and Bigotry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU0ei9ApmsY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcyGIwJXGLw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojU31yHDqiM
Guns, Germs, and Steel
I gave these to everyone before.
Old 04-21-2016, 01:17 PM
n/a

Quote:
For starters, if we knew who the unknown soldier was, we could put his face on the bill.
for starters the suggestion made was to honor all soldiers because of their sacrifices. . Can you spell symbolic?
Old 04-21-2016, 01:25 PM
n/a

Quote:
"In other words, ''white people'' do not share a common genetic heritage; instead, they come from different lineages that migrated from Africa and Asia. Such mixing is true for every race. ''All living humans go back to one common ancestor in Africa,'' explains Paabo. ''But if you look at any history subsequent to that,'' then every group is a blend of shallower pedigrees. So, he says, ''I might be closer in my DNA to an African than to another European in the street.'' Genetics, he concludes, ''should be the last nail in the coffin for racism.''

What DNA Says About Human Ancestry—and Bigotry
Part 3,

RaceSci: History of Race in Science: In Media: What DNA Says About Human Ancestry - and Bigotry

We're all from Africa.
What drives scientist more than anything is conceit. Its why humanity is blessed that scientist redily admit that science is never settled. What is true now in a moment can be tossed aside with the discovery of another fossil, bacteria, sub atomic particle, planet species. Scientist still know little about our land mass and oceans now, can't predict the weather accurately for the next six months but make claim of climate change, man's origin thousand of years ago, etc. But I digress

Tags
bill, history, front, $10, lew, leaders, public, enrollees, half, school, era, rights, important, moments, minorities, american, slope, replace, hope, times, good, enjoyed, slowly, edge, slippery

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.