Florida Amendment #1 BEWARE and VOTE NO

Old 10-09-2016, 05:26 PM
n/a

Default Florida Amendment #1 BEWARE and VOTE NO

Amendment 1 is primarily bankrolled by Florida’s big power companies and promoted by a group calling itself Consumers for Smart Solar. While the title, “Rights of Electricity Consumers Regarding Solar Energy Choice” sounds like a great thing for solar in Florida, let’s be clear: Amendment 1 will not promote solar, it will block the sun.
“Let pro-solar energy consumers beware” warned Supreme Court Justice Barbara Pariente about Amendment 1 back in March. She said the amendment is “masquerading” as a pro-solar energy initiative and labeled it a “wolf in sheep’s clothing.”
Here’s three reasons to be wary of Amendment 1:

Amendment 1 is funded by Florida’s big utilities to protect their monopoly markets and limit customer-owned solar.

Amendment 1 paves the way for barriers that would penalize solar customers.

Amendment 1 misleads Florida voters by promising rights and protections that Florida citizens already have!

BTW, I spoke with a SECO representative and he indicated that SECO did not support the amendment....I presume because SECO is a co-op and is not a for profit power company.
Old 10-10-2016, 06:35 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Amendment 1 is primarily bankrolled by Florida’s big power companies and promoted by a group calling itself Consumers for Smart Solar. While the title, “Rights of Electricity Consumers Regarding Solar Energy Choice” sounds like a great thing for solar in Florida, let’s be clear: Amendment 1 will not promote solar, it will block the sun.
“Let pro-solar energy consumers beware” warned Supreme Court Justice Barbara Pariente about Amendment 1 back in March. She said the amendment is “masquerading” as a pro-solar energy initiative and labeled it a “wolf in sheep’s clothing.”
Here’s three reasons to be wary of Amendment 1:

Amendment 1 is funded by Florida’s big utilities to protect their monopoly markets and limit customer-owned solar.

Amendment 1 paves the way for barriers that would penalize solar customers.

Amendment 1 misleads Florida voters by promising rights and protections that Florida citizens already have!

BTW, I spoke with a SECO representative and he indicated that SECO did not support the amendment....I presume because SECO is a co-op and is not a for profit power company.
That sounds like a valid point.

Tags
amendment, solar, florida, seco, energy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.