Spring Break - Panama City Beach

Old 04-19-2015, 11:20 AM
n/a

Default Spring Break - Panama City Beach

I am sure all of us have seen Hannity's programming on the wild Spring Break that went on in Panama City Beach with college students being drunk in public, rape on the beach, drugs use in public, etc. Downright disgusting and being Spring Break does not excuse any of it.

However, even with all the bad publicity for the city, the City Council does not take action. It would be so very simple, too. Ban all drinking on the beaches or on the streets. Have hotels make it mandatory that no one under 21 can occupy a room without an adult of at least 21 being present - and hotels could be charging a very high ($500 per night) or more. With no drinking allowed on the beach or streets and very high hotel costs, the students would move elsewhere quickly.

The thing is, would Panama City Beach rather have the three or 4 weeks of rowdy and raucaous Spring Break or lose the money but keep it a family place?
Old 04-19-2015, 11:55 AM
n/a

True, but everyone is there of their oun free will. We have had too much government interference with our constitutional freedoms already. I am sure Hanity twisted the story for his benifit. It is bad what happened if it did happen, but with several hundred thousand tourists having a great time, to use this isolated event to shut down the beaches is wrong as well.
Old 04-19-2015, 01:00 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
True, but everyone is there of their oun free will. We have had too much government interference with our constitutional freedoms already. I am sure Hanity twisted the story for his benifit. It is bad what happened if it did happen, but with several hundred thousand tourists having a great time, to use this isolated event to shut down the beaches is wrong as well.
nobody suggested shutting anything down. Just re-introduce the current generation to enforcement and morals. Two elements of our daily lives that have degenerated to the animal behavior level.

It is oh so easy for the arm chair contributors to pontificate about not violating someones rights. There are not any of us who would complain about our rights being violated and we all lived with a significantly higher moral standard. And the FEAR of enforcement was a major element of raising kids.

Today? No fear of anything from anybody.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:17 PM
n/a

Quote:
I am sure all of us have seen Hannity's programming on the wild Spring Break that went on in Panama City Beach with college students being drunk in public, rape on the beach, drugs use in public, etc. Downright disgusting and being Spring Break does not excuse any of it.

However, even with all the bad publicity for the city, the City Council does not take action. It would be so very simple, too. Ban all drinking on the beaches or on the streets. Have hotels make it mandatory that no one under 21 can occupy a room without an adult of at least 21 being present - and hotels could be charging a very high ($500 per night) or more. With no drinking allowed on the beach or streets and very high hotel costs, the students would move elsewhere quickly.

The thing is, would Panama City Beach rather have the three or 4 weeks of rowdy and raucaous Spring Break or lose the money but keep it a family place?
Firstly, not "ALL OF US" pay any attention to either Hannity or the faux network on which he performs, so no, I have not seen it. Any incident of the type described is outrageous, though I am pretty sure Hannity exaggerated and sensationalized it. These beach towns are not about to do anything to jeopardize the health of the hen that lays the golden egg that is spring break.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:56 PM
n/a

Quote:
Firstly, not "ALL OF US" pay any attention to either Hannity or the faux network on which he performs, so no, I have not seen it. Any incident of the type described is outrageous, though I am pretty sure Hannity exaggerated and sensationalized it. These beach towns are not about to do anything to jeopardize the health of the hen that lays the golden egg that is spring break.
No sensationalism. Lots of sites have video of the african american college-age students drinking beer and disregarding the unconscious african-american female being raped and violated just a few feet away by other african-americans. As I understand Florida law, they will be prosecuted for failure to report a crime in progress.
Old 04-20-2015, 05:12 AM
n/a

Quote:
No sensationalism. Lots of sites have video of the african american college-age students drinking beer and disregarding the unconscious african-american female being raped and violated just a few feet away by other african-americans. As I understand Florida law, they will be prosecuted for failure to report a crime in progress.

So, it's just an African-American student problem ? Maybe we could just ban them from the beach....

Do you people even read what you post sometimes?
Old 04-20-2015, 08:09 AM
n/a

Quote:
So, it's just an African-American student problem ? Maybe we could just ban them from the beach....

When articles are written to elicit compassion for or to bring notoriety or specific notice to the group, the use of African American is so over used it is pure reverse prejudice.

But when it is used to present the facts of a situation, unpleasant or less than desireable image of the group, then to use African American is dissed.

I am weary and sick and tired of the incorrect designation of African American. It's use has reduced the meaning to nothing more than describing a black person.

When filling out forms for anything these days where it presents options for race designation......I always cross out Caucasion and write in Caucasian American. The intention is the very same.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:11 AM
n/a

Quote:

BINGO, this as so many other right wing important stories are all about the evil negroes still not properly pickin' cotton where they belong. Oh state's rights and nullification are coming back.

Quote:
Just re-introduce the current generation to enforcement and morals. Two elements of our daily lives that have degenerated to the animal behavior level.
Certainly my generation never did drugs or consumed alcohol. Certainly there were no older generations concerned about the morals of my generation with our damn rock n roll and free love. And certainly Fox would do nothing to reinforce your prejudices and sense of white superiority in all things moral.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.