Supporting the Worst Republican?

Old 04-25-2012, 09:56 AM
n/a

Default Supporting the Worst Republican?

Rick Santorum stated yesterday that he supports Mitt Romney and will be meeting with Romney aides soon.

Just a very short time ago, during the Wisconsin primary, Santorum called Romney the worst Republican to run against Pres. Obama. Now, he fully supports Romney. Talk about flip-flopping or weasel-wording.

Well, it will be interesting to see what develops from the meeting with Romney aides. In the attached link, Romney aides called Santorum "unhinged". Now, they are going to make nice?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1378713.html
Old 04-25-2012, 11:08 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
Rick Santorum stated yesterday that he supports Mitt Romney and will be meeting with Romney aides soon.

Just a very short time ago, during the Wisconsin primary, Santorum called Romney the worst Republican to run against Pres. Obama. Now, he fully supports Romney. Talk about flip-flopping or weasel-wording.

Well, it will be interesting to see what develops from the meeting with Romney aides. In the attached link, Romney aides called Santorum "unhinged". Now, they are going to make nice?

Rick Santorum: Mitt Romney 'Worst Republican' To Face Obama
This sounds like a familar scenario. You would probably find this same result in both parties in each national election from 1992, 1996, 2000, 2004, 2008, and now 2012.

Mitt Romney looks like the best Republican to run when viewed with respect to his probable backing of various moderate policies on issues like the environment, abortion, taxation, etc. If elected, I bet he will doing further evolving of his various views just like President Obama has done since 2008.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:28 AM
n/a

Quote:

Rick Santorum: Mitt Romney 'Worst Republican' To Face Obama
those comments were in the fight for the primary elections; the next round is for all of the marbles; they could merge support based on 'anybody but obama' and not have to flip flop.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:59 AM
n/a

Somebody should start a thread on where Romney stands on the issues, but then they'd have to update it every ten minutes.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:16 PM
n/a

So Democrats never flip-flop and support their adversary after losing??

I kind of remember Hillary wasn't too keen on Obama in 2008................

In fact, she said only she and McCain (remember that?) were ready to lead this country.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-502443_1...72-502443.html

Hillary Clinton Mocks Barack Obama During Campaign Rally

Daily Kos: In desperation Hillary Clinton Goes Negative against Obama

Hillary Clinton crossed the line with slash and burn, says Gary Hart and Keith Oberman
Old 04-25-2012, 12:22 PM
n/a

updating often sure beats the beep out of having nothing to update as we have witnessed the past 3+ years!!

btk
Old 04-25-2012, 12:52 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
So Democrats never flip-flop and support their adversary after losing??

I kind of remember Hillary wasn't too keen on Obama in 2008................

In fact, she said only she and McCain (remember that?) were ready to lead this country.

Clinton Says She and McCain Offer Experience, Obama Offers Speeches - From The Road - CBS News

Hillary Clinton Mocks Barack Obama During Campaign Rally

Daily Kos: In desperation Hillary Clinton Goes Negative against Obama

Hillary Clinton crossed the line with slash and burn, says Gary Hart and Keith Oberman

Well, Richie's post looks like the "typical diversion" he accuses me of doing.

If you have to go to Keith Oberman, Richie, for your quotes, you must be scraping the bottom of the barrel. And Gary Hart? I honestly did not know he was still a political voice since his debacle upon his boat - "Monkey Business"?

Anyhow, Hillary got to be Sec. of State. If Romney wins - and there is that as a fair to mid'lin possibility - do you think Santorum will get some post like that if he supports Romney?
Old 04-25-2012, 01:05 PM
n/a

What many of you are calling flip flopping others recognize it to be reconciliation. History is replete with parties, entities or individuals having devergent views only to come together for the better good. Unity is how a great people harness what they have to accomplish their purpose goal mission. They have the maturity and foresight subordinate themselves for the better good

Santorum would have been very wrong and actually viewed as a poor loser had he not reconciled.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:06 PM
n/a

Default Let's see......

Let's see. This seems to be a good summary of how these things go, especially at the 2:00 mark....:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJRkw03woqc]Bill Clinton on Obama: Big Fairy Tale - YouTube[/ame]
Old 04-25-2012, 01:15 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
What many of you are calling flip flopping others recognize it to be reconciliation. History is replete with parties, entities or individuals having devergent views only to come together for the better good. Unity is how a great people harness what they have to accomplish their purpose goal mission. They have the maturity and foresight subordinate themselves for the better good

Santorum would have been very wrong and actually viewed as a poor loser had he not reconciled.
I totally know what you mean, Rubicon.

I would think Santorum should apologize publically and personally to Mitt for calling him the worst Republican choice for running against Pres. Obama. Not any other words but to say he is terribly sorry for saying that and have it be a face-to-face followed by a hearty handshake. That would show true unity to accomplish their mission.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:49 PM
n/a

Quote:
I totally know what you mean, Rubicon.

I would think Santorum should apologize publically and personally to Mitt for calling him the worst Republican choice for running against Pres. Obama. Not any other words but to say he is terribly sorry for saying that and have it be a face-to-face followed by a hearty handshake. That would show true unity to accomplish their mission.
Hi buggyone: Personally I would rather see Santorum apologize by his actions rather than words. He left his emotions unchecked. However, perhaps in part because of the concerns for his disabled child.

Emotional outbursts are becoming a pet peave of mine because they are too common and celebrated too readily not only on all the reality shows but poor manners are leaking on to the news networks, etc. We need more Bill Buckley type of discussions but I am afraid people have forgotten how to. OK I'll get of my soap box
Old 04-25-2012, 02:52 PM
n/a

Economic growth may be stagnating,...

Moderator note... remainder of post deleted as it is a direct quote of published material.

For full article, see this link:

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...23.T5hWccXVFCo

As a reminder, please do not post copyrighted material without permission or attribution. A short intro with a link to the article is allowed.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:57 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralway View Post
Economic growth may be stagnating,... (remainder of quoted post deleted to match edits made on original post by Moderator).
This is a major violation of copyright law.....it was lifted from ABC news at this link with no attribution...AND a major violation of the rules and regulations of this board.

You cannot cut and paste and make it appear as to be your own thoughts...that is against the law.

This is the link from where you took it !!!

The Yahoo News election outlook: 100 electoral votes will decide contest - ABC News
Old 04-25-2012, 03:33 PM
n/a

Well, I imagine the televisions in those states will be saturated with political ads until November. It would be a good time to be selling ad space to political campaigns, wouldn't it? Some people are going to be getting lots and lots of money.

Unfortunately, we are part of that group that has to listen to the blather from both sides.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:38 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post

here, here! well written! could not agree more!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.