Old 01-31-2017, 08:25 PM
n/a

Default Supreme Court Nominee

First glance. Did a bit of reading.

I really like Trumps choice for the court
Old 01-31-2017, 09:31 PM
n/a

Thumbs up

the dems will do their dog & pony act, maybe Shumer will cry again.

But he will get the nod
Old 01-31-2017, 09:38 PM
n/a

It will be difficult for them to not approve him since he was voted on unanimously for his current judgeship. But yes, the democrats will make a show of it and waste more of our time and money.

Since he's ben unanimously approve before, how much vetting needs to be done? How many question can they ask that they didn't ask the last time?
Old 01-31-2017, 10:14 PM
n/a

Our wonderful democratic leader....

Pelosi Statement on Nomination of Judge Neil Gorsuch to Supreme Court - Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi
Old 01-31-2017, 10:29 PM
n/a

The witch needs to go back to CA and play grandma while she still retains some semblence of feminism.

She is a predictable, robotic, radical, partisan, divider that by her own words takes pride in opposing anything from the opposition.

What does electing and re-electing this shrew tell you about her constituency in CA.
Old 02-01-2017, 09:25 AM
n/a

The Democratic Party is the opposition party right now in congress and their job is to offer resistance.

I think the nominee is great and also thought the nominee that the Republicans would not even grant a hearing was a good one also.

We have always had two parties and that is what helps, or is supposed to keep us on balance.

I want not to live in a country where it is "my way or the highway"...there is supposed to be resistance.

I support this nominee but I do understand the process and how it has always been. I call nobody on the other side by names or make vile comments. They WILL resist and they should....but i think if the rhetoric in DC can ever be toned down the nomination will move forward with pretty good speed.

Problem we have in this country is that the opposition party, whether it be Republican or Democrat, is villified instead of listened to and talked to. Everything is dialed up the HATE level instead of reasonable conversation.

I want no President, Republican or Democrat to have the power to place a crown on their head or others. We are becoming, in this country, a bunch of people who want ways AROUND the constitution instead of living by it (one of the things I like about this nominee is his strict adherence to the constituition). We do not seem to want to talk anymore...just yell loud and see who is the loudest, not the most reasonable.
Old 02-01-2017, 11:42 AM
n/a

Four important decisions will be made in the next three months. With the court split half conservative and half liberal, it's likely that these decisions will be tied and will be allowed to stand which is what liberals want. Schumer is delaying the inevitable in the hopes that he can put it off until after April so that the decisions will be favorable to liberals.
Old 02-01-2017, 12:51 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Four important decisions will be made in the next three months. With the court split half conservative and half liberal, it's likely that these decisions will be tied and will be allowed to stand which is what liberals want. Schumer is delaying the inevitable in the hopes that he can put it off until after April so that the decisions will be favorable to liberals.
I agree, and totally support Gorsuch, but these days there will be delays. I was not happy with the way Garland was treated and I am sure the Democrats haven't forgotten. There were a lot of "buts" thrown around, but does not excuse the lack of respect shown to him.

Having said that, Gorsuch will be confirmed, but not as fast as his resume might suggest. Whether in the time frame you suggest, I doubt. Read today somewhere, it may take that full 2 to 3 months.
Old 02-01-2017, 01:25 PM
n/a

Reading the nominee's profiles it was obvious who Trump would choose. In that same vein it was also obvious that the Democrats would offer the strongest of resistance.

Trump stated h would introduce the possibility of Congressional term limits. I agree and also believe there needs to be term limits for Supreme Court Justices

Personal Best Regards:
Old 02-01-2017, 02:34 PM
n/a

Quote:
Pelosi has nothing to do with this. This is a senate decision. She's not even speaker of the house any more.
Old 02-01-2017, 02:35 PM
n/a

Quote:
Reading the nominee's profiles it was obvious who Trump would choose. In that same vein it was also obvious that the Democrats would offer the strongest of resistance.

Trump stated h would introduce the possibility of Congressional term limits. I agree and also believe there needs to be term limits for Supreme Court Justices

Personal Best Regards:
How is it that the democrats would offer resistance when then Sen Obama, Sen Clinton, Senator Schumer and ever other democrat in the senate voted for him at his last appointment.
Old 02-01-2017, 03:10 PM
n/a

Better to go nuclear asap
Old 02-01-2017, 03:38 PM
n/a

Quote:
How is it that the democrats would offer resistance when then Sen Obama, Sen Clinton, Senator Schumer and ever other democrat in the senate voted for him at his last appointment.
You are aware, I assume that Judge Garland was confirmed by. Republican senate, right.

Listen, I totally love Trumps nominee, but the Republicans screwed over a very good judge. Gorsuch has said so publicly, and his very first call was to Garland "out of respect".

What this WH has to do is just shut the hell up. Spicer and the President just keep "burning bridges" with their big mouths.

These are two good men, caught up in a situation they have no control. I support Gorsuch, but the big mouths in the WH will tarnish this entire thing with their big mouths.
Old 02-01-2017, 08:57 PM
n/a

Things would go a lot quicker and smoother if they would take the hearings off of television. Politicians LOVE the spotlight and it shows by the stupid, meaningless questions they ask every administration change. Does it not occur to them that they have really big problems if they are that insecure about reelection?

They all just need to take care of business....period. We need impartial Justices, unlike Ginsberg. She seems to have forgotten that they are not there for their own likes and dislikes, but for ALL WE THE PEOPLE. They, too, can express their likes and dislikes with their votes at the ballot box, just like the rest of us. The Supreme Court is not the place.

This guy is a great pick and apparently Obama's was, too. Get over yourselves, Congress, and do your job you were elected to do!! Put your egos aside and do your job. We lose this country and your jobs won't mean diddly.

Tags
court, supreme, test, nominee

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.