Teens shocked by graphic content at anti-bullying conference

Old 04-19-2015, 08:42 PM
n/a

I read the Fox story. It is a report of an anti-gay person who attended the conference to see what was presented. And Fox did not independently verify the allegations. Additionally it seems there was an opportunity for students to ask the speakers whatever sexual questions they had. It was in response to the explicit questions that explicit answers seem to have been provided.
Here is the salient part from Fox News:
Quote:
Executive Director Nate Monson told Local 5 News that while some questions were graphic in nature they were still real questions.

“We know that kids don’t have a chance to ask questions in schools,” he told the television station. “When their health class rolls around and they’re talking about sex ed – they’re talking about just heterosexual students. For the first time ever in a lot of these LGBT kids’ lives they had a chance to ask questions about themselves.”

Iowa Safe School posted additional information on its Facebook page and website – blasting The Family Leader and accusing them of distorting the conference and misquoting the speakers.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:05 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I read the Fox story. It is a report of an anti-gay person who attended the conference to see what was presented. And Fox did not independently verify the allegations. Additionally it seems there was an opportunity for students to ask the speakers whatever sexual questions they had. It was in response to the explicit questions that explicit answers seem to have been provided.
What? A slanted, deceptive, devisive, and dubious story fabricated by faux news in order to inflame the sheep? Can't be true, can it?
Old 04-19-2015, 09:50 PM
n/a

Quote:
Tisk, tisk, tisk... another with reading difficulties.

Why would a teenager attending an anti-bullying conference have explicit homosexual questions?

Sort of like a car salesman asking about floral arrangements.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:16 AM
n/a

Quote:
No trick question- just wanted your honest answer - but your refusal to give an answer leads one to think you would not accept a gay married couple as good neighbors. If you want to include any other group of people, go right ahead, but I would think any thought of not accepting any group of people is not consistent with being in the 21st century.

You are amused at being told gays should be accepted as equal to everyone else? I pity you. Don't forget that Dick Cheney has a gay daughter. Even he accepted it.
You may think and conclude whatever you like. But don't be so presumtuous that you can re-state what YOU think another said. Or what YOU think another means or intends.

You can be as critical or caustic or as insulting as you usually are, but let it be YOUR statement. Not the totally unrecognizeable re-gurgitation that is not even close in content.

Very predictable and hollow way of communicating. It does not require any content other than re-statement.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:30 AM
n/a

Quote:
Tisk, tisk, tisk... another with reading difficulties.

Why would a teenager attending an anti-bullying conference have explicit homosexual questions?

Sort of like a car salesman asking about floral arrangements.
Tsk Tsk back at you. Did you read the conference agenda, I did. Did you see what was being presented? Did you just accept Fox News's headline that this was an anti-bullying conference as truth or balanced? Because if you read just a little bit more about the conference you'd see you are being, once again, fooled by the story you see and read on that "news" source.

Start here to see the overview of the conference

About the Conference

then look at the 20 breakout workshops offered here

Workshops
and perhaps you will notice that bullying is the topic of one of the twenty workshops

and maybe, just maybe you will understand the greater purpose of the conference which is

The mission of the Annual Iowa Governors Conference on LGBTQ Youth is to a) engage and educate students, educators, parents, community leaders, youth-serving professionals, policy makers, and others concerned about issues relevant to the LGBTQ community, and b) encourage networking and activism to inspire our communities to promote diversity, equality, and social justice.

Quote:
Why would a teenager attending this conference have explicit homosexual questions?
Maybe because the workshop is the perfect opportunity to ask those questions in a safe supportive environment, and those questions are encouraged...

Quote:
Have you seen S.E.X. Part 1
Sam Killermann, Social Justice Comedian
Dr. Karen Rayne, Associate Editor, American Journal of Sexuality Education

Part story time, part Q & A, this will be a fun interactive session with Dr. Karen Rayne and Sam Killermann about the intersection of sexuality and technology. Come ready to laugh and learn!
But Fox didn't give you any of this information and you lacked the wisdom to get a wider view of the situation before drawing a conclusion that fit your worldview.
Old 04-20-2015, 10:17 AM
n/a

Quote:
But Fox didn't give you any of this information and you lacked the wisdom to get a wider view of the situation before drawing a conclusion that fit your worldview.
I think you're right. There, I said it! I'll let you enjoy your victory for a minute. Breathe in deeply, breathe out...

Why was I remiss in my investigative duties? I think as soon as I read about the speaker encouraging use of flavored oils to make the taste of licking another man's "backside" taste better I simply "tuned out" and felt queasy...

...and I'm not kidding.
Old 04-20-2015, 10:25 AM
n/a

Quote:
I think you're right. There, I said it! I'll let you enjoy your victory for a minute. Breathe in deeply, breathe out...

Why was I remiss in my investigative duties? I think as soon as I read about the speaker encouraging use of flavored oils to make the taste of licking another man's "backside" taste better I simply "tuned out" and felt queasy...

...and I'm not kidding.
I applaud your admission! Now, will you stop using faux news as your source of information? .......and I'm not kidding:
Old 04-20-2015, 11:07 AM
n/a

Quote:
Tsk Tsk back at you. Did you read the conference agenda, I did. Did you see what was being presented? Did you just accept Fox News's headline that this was an anti-bullying conference as truth or balanced? Because if you read just a little bit more about the conference you'd see you are being, once again, fooled by the story you see and read on that "news" source.

Start here to see the overview of the conference

About the Conference

then look at the 20 breakout workshops offered here

Workshops
and perhaps you will notice that bullying is the topic of one of the twenty workshops

and maybe, just maybe you will understand the greater purpose of the conference which is

The mission of the Annual Iowa Governors Conference on LGBTQ Youth is to a) engage and educate students, educators, parents, community leaders, youth-serving professionals, policy makers, and others concerned about issues relevant to the LGBTQ community, and b) encourage networking and activism to inspire our communities to promote diversity, equality, and social justice.

Maybe because the workshop is the perfect opportunity to ask those questions in a safe supportive environment, and those questions are encouraged...

Let's all be honest about this ...

1. No one wants to bully or give gay people grief

2. however, being born LGBTQ is not "normal" ...it's about 2% of the population or so ... that's just the way God made them

3. not discriminating is one thing...

4. however, pushing the lifestyle down our collective throats, with all too obvious agenda of normalizing perversity is clearly idiotic and over the top. That's what people object to in case you haven't figured it out yet, and details of the news story notwithstanding.
Old 04-20-2015, 11:55 AM
n/a

Quote:
Let's all be honest about this ...

1. No one wants to bully or give gay people grief

2. however, being born LGBTQ is not "normal" ...it's about 2% of the population or so ... that's just the way God made them

3. not discriminating is one thing...

4. however, pushing the lifestyle down our collective throats, with all too obvious agenda of normalizing perversity is clearly idiotic and over the top. That's what people object to in case you haven't figured it out yet, and details of the news story notwithstanding.
Really? You can't get beyond the down your throat fellatio line. At least you admit that what you call God and I call nature made them that way. This is progress for you isn't it. No longer where they made gay by some childhood experience or because they chose to be gay. So you still want to call their expressing of their innate God given sexual preference a perversion, then blame it on God. Anything that isn't missionary position with the sole express purpose of making babies is wrong, perverted, and was still illegal in the good ole USA until very recently. And we still hear the argument from Christianists that gay marriage cannot be allowed because it is incapable of producing children which is the sole reason we need marriage

Gays can’t have kids, shouldn’t be allowed to marry, Arizona attorneys argue | Arizona Capitol Times
Gays Can?t Marry Because ... They Plan Babies? -- NYMag
Stephen Colbert Presses Rick Santorum On Gay Marriage: 'Hasn't This One Slipped Away From Us?'

So which side has an agenda? One side wants to expand human rights and dignity, the other side wants to limit it to those with the right body parts to make babies. Sadly my marriage fails those criteria. Why don't they just stay in the closet where they belong and America was great when it worked that way.
Old 04-20-2015, 12:23 PM
n/a

Quote:
Really? You can't get beyond the down your throat fellatio line. At least you admit that what you call God and I call nature made them that way. This is progress for you isn't it. No longer where they made gay by some childhood experience or because they chose to be gay. So you still want to call their expressing of their innate God given sexual preference a perversion, then blame it on God. Anything that isn't missionary position with the sole express purpose of making babies is wrong, perverted, and was still illegal in the good ole USA until very recently. And we still hear the argument from Christianists that gay marriage cannot be allowed because it is incapable of producing children which is the sole reason we need marriage

Gays can’t have kids, shouldn’t be allowed to marry, Arizona attorneys argue | Arizona Capitol Times
Gays Can?t Marry Because ... They Plan Babies? -- NYMag
Stephen Colbert Presses Rick Santorum On Gay Marriage: 'Hasn't This One Slipped Away From Us?'

So which side has an agenda? One side wants to expand human rights and dignity, the other side wants to limit it to those with the right body parts to make babies. Sadly my marriage fails those criteria. Why don't they just stay in the closet where they belong and America was great when it worked that way.
Well, from your post, it's pretty clear you are anti-Christian, probably anti-religious in general, and have a dated view of sexuality as well.

The point is simple ... the homosexual mafia has now clearly moved from "non discrimination" to forcing everyone to accept their perverted lifestyle as "normal." We're not talking about gay people who live together and don't bother anyone, but rather public displays as which tends to keep pushing the envelope.
Old 04-20-2015, 12:27 PM
n/a

Quote:

The right body parts to make babies ... now that's an interesting line. It almost sounds like you're railing against nature or something?

Other than ancient Thebes or the Emperor Nero, can you please give us a historical summary of all the great civilizations in Western history that have allowed legally homosexual marriage?
Old 04-20-2015, 04:08 PM
n/a

Can you give me all the great civilizations in Western history that allowed women to vote. How about the great civilizations that allowed Jews to worship without fear of pogroms. Can you give me all the great civilizations that prohibited marital rape? Can you give me all the great civilizations that prohibited slavery? or crushing child labor? or the genocide of native peoples? And why are you limiting your evidence of greatness to Western Europe?

Sometimes America has been great. Sometimes it has been a beacon of light shown into the dark bigoted evil corners of your precious Western civilizations. Sometimes we have had to fight both physical wars and intellectual ones to make the troglodytes lose their control and make the cockroaches go back behind the refrigerator as they never fully disappear. And showing leadership on the issue of making those of non-majority sexuality full citizens is going to be one of those moments when America will be proud of its place in leadership on the civil rights for all as it was other groups that hopefully no person thinks should be returned to the way they were historically treated by our country and nearly every other country in the past.

Dylan said it well:

Come mothers and fathers
Throughout the land
Don't criticize
What you can't understand

Your sons and your daughters
Are beyond your command
Your old road is
Rapidly agin'

Please get out of the new one
If you can't lend your hand
For your times they are a-changin'
Old 04-20-2015, 04:27 PM
n/a

Quote:
Well, from your post, it's pretty clear you are anti-Christian, probably anti-religious in general, and have a dated view of sexuality as well.

The point is simple ... the homosexual mafia has now clearly moved from "non discrimination" to forcing everyone to accept their perverted lifestyle as "normal." We're not talking about gay people who live together and don't bother anyone, but rather public displays as which tends to keep pushing the envelope.

If public displays offend you, than Florida isn't a good choice. Florida has one of the largest LGBT populations in the country. There are the Key Westers, the South Beachers, Ybor City dwellers, St Pete has one of the largest gay-pride parades in the country.

It's best to just go back to Kansas or Utah or wherever you don't see this kind of stuff and take your prejudices with you.
Old 04-20-2015, 04:29 PM
n/a

Quote:
Can you give me all the great civilizations in Western history that allowed women to vote. How about the great civilizations that allowed Jews to worship without fear of pogroms. Can you give me all the great civilizations that prohibited marital rape? Can you give me all the great civilizations that prohibited slavery? or crushing child labor? or the genocide of native peoples? And why are you limiting your evidence of greatness to Western Europe?

Sometimes America has been great. Sometimes it has been a beacon of light shown into the dark bigoted evil corners of your precious Western civilizations. Sometimes we have had to fight both physical wars and intellectual ones to make the troglodytes lose their control and make the cockroaches go back behind the refrigerator as they never fully disappear. And showing leadership on the issue of making those of non-majority sexuality full citizens is going to be one of those moments when America will be proud of its place in leadership on the civil rights for all as it was other groups that hopefully no person thinks should be returned to the way they were historically treated by our country and nearly every other country in the past.
I'm going to take that non-answer as a resounding answer that you don't have one.

I do have to comment on this line however ... "...dark bigoted evil corners of your precious Western civilizations. "

You can easily mock Western civilization because you've benefited from it, along with everyone else, and its freedoms protect you, along with the US military of course. We have freedom of speech (at least for now and unless the left wing crazies amend the 1st amendment but that's another story.)

You also need to understand that the Christianity that you apparently despise is the literal bedrock of Western Civ and the freedoms that protect your sorry behind. Do you even realize that?

You should also reflect on just how successful homosexual marriage would be if you lived under Islamic Sharia law. Have you ever thought about that?

My advice ...next time you think about how "rotten" and unfair and all the rest of it is with our "precious Western Civilization" I suggest you get down on your knees and give thanks to God or Nature (your choice) for allowing you to be here with you head still on your shoulders.
Old 04-20-2015, 04:33 PM
n/a

Quote:
If public displays offend you, than Florida isn't a good choice. Florida has one of the largest LGBT populations in the country. There are the Key Westers, the South Beachers, Ybor City dwellers, St Pete has one of the largest gay-pride parades in the country.

It's best to just go back to Kansas or Utah or wherever you don't see this kind of stuff and take your prejudices with you.
What you refer to as prejudices (ie preference for not having drag queens flaunt a perverted sexuality in public, especially in front of kids) , in the so typical liberal arrogant way, are what most people consider to be norms of social behavior.

You are trying to have abnormal behavior reclassified as normal ... and most people have figured that out. Do whatever you want in private ... just don't scare the horses and leave the rest of us alone.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.