Then He Created North Dakota...

Old 04-29-2012, 06:27 PM
n/a

Default Then He Created North Dakota...

God was missing for six days. Eventually, the Archangel Michael found him on the seventh day, resting.

He inquired, "Where have you been?"

God smiled deeply and proudly pointed downwards through the clouds, "Look, Michael. Look what I've made."

Michael looked puzzled, and said, "What is it?"

"It's a planet," replied God, and I've put life on it. I'm going to call it Earth and it's going to be a place to test Balance."

"Balance?" inquired Michael, "I'm still confused."

God explained, pointing to different parts of Earth. "For example, northern Europe will be a place of great opportunity and wealth, while southern Europe is going to be poor.

Over here I've placed a continent of white people, and over there is a continent of black people. Balance in all things."

God continued pointing to different countries. "This one will be extremely hot, while this one will be very cold and covered in ice."

Michael, impressed by God's work, then pointed to a land area and said, "What's that one?"

"That's North Dakota, the most glorious place on earth. There are beautiful rivers and streams, lakes, forests, hills. Some of the most beautiful women live there. The people from North Dakota are going to be handsome, modest, intelligent, humorous, hardworking and high achieving.

Michael gasped in wonder and admiration, but then asked, "What about Balance, God? You said there would be Balance."

Well, God smiled, "I've also created Washington. Wait till you see the idiots I put there."

(I'm trying to inject some humor into this forum until the super pacs take over.)
Old 04-29-2012, 07:24 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijusluvit View Post
God was missing for six days. Eventually, the Archangel Michael found him on the seventh day, resting.

He inquired, "Where have you been?"

God smiled deeply and proudly pointed downwards through the clouds, "Look, Michael. Look what I've made."

Michael looked puzzled, and said, "What is it?"

"It's a planet," replied God, and I've put life on it. I'm going to call it Earth and it's going to be a place to test Balance."

"Balance?" inquired Michael, "I'm still confused."

God explained, pointing to different parts of Earth. "For example, northern Europe will be a place of great opportunity and wealth, while southern Europe is going to be poor.

Over here I've placed a continent of white people, and over there is a continent of black people. Balance in all things."

God continued pointing to different countries. "This one will be extremely hot, while this one will be very cold and covered in ice."

Michael, impressed by God's work, then pointed to a land area and said, "What's that one?"

"That's North Dakota, the most glorious place on earth. There are beautiful rivers and streams, lakes, forests, hills. Some of the most beautiful women live there. The people from North Dakota are going to be handsome, modest, intelligent, humorous, hardworking and high achieving.

Michael gasped in wonder and admiration, but then asked, "What about Balance, God? You said there would be Balance."

Well, God smiled, "I've also created Washington. Wait till you see the idiots I put there."

(I'm trying to inject some humor into this forum until the super pacs take over.)
Hahahaha, If He created this forum, He was redundant.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:21 PM
n/a

Old 04-29-2012, 10:22 PM
n/a

What? No conservative poster is going to start yelping and squawking that no link to this little story was given and therefore it is VIOLATION of copyright law? Amazing how that works, isn't it?

By the way, funny story. But have any of you ever been to North Dakota? It is one of the most desolate places you can imagine with miles and miles and miles of nothing. Nice people though.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:09 AM
n/a

Default Tioga, ND

yes, i moved here from four years in tiny Tioga, ND, just before it became the center of the oil boom. i imagine it is much different now...people who settled there had to be hearty stock, and not afraid of the cold...mostly norwegian settlers and yes, very good-hearted and hard-working people. the weather was too much for this little sicilian gal!
Old 04-30-2012, 07:12 AM
n/a

...also, good looking, just like God said. (see above picture)
Old 04-30-2012, 07:45 AM
n/a

North Dakota did not seem as bleak in landscape when compared with much of Nevada.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:22 AM
n/a

Default thanks

thanks for the nice compliment...and yes, it is not bleak...it is prairie and grasslands, open sky but ever-present wind...it is said that the wind howling drove settler women insane, and i can testify that it is very possible...i agree that the desert of nevada is much more bleak than golden north dakota!
Old 04-30-2012, 08:16 PM
n/a

One thing that I thought was so pretty about North Dakota were the fields of sunflowers all blooming and blowing in the prarie wind.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.