"They know the risk, they know what they sign up for but they still volunteer to put

Old 10-20-2017, 10:21 AM
n/a

Default "They know the risk, they know what they sign up for but they still volunteer to put

"They know the risk, they know what they sign up for but they still volunteer to put their lives on the line for their fellow Americans
Old 10-20-2017, 10:48 AM
n/a

Lines up exactly with what Chief of staff John Kelly said yesterday.

This event is a perfect example of how the hatred for Trump is the priority for the main stream media that amplified and presented an out of context, incorrectly reported commentary by an inconsiderate congress woman. Her partisan hate being promoted and amplified with destructive intent.
Old 10-20-2017, 10:51 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest

This event is a perfect example of how the hatred for Trump is the priority for the main stream media that amplified and presented an out of context, incorrectly reported commentary by an inconsiderate congress woman. Her partisan hate being promoted and amplified with destructive intent.
Well said. As usual. Not enough posts from you sir, in the last few months.
Old 10-20-2017, 11:16 AM
n/a

What to know about Frederica Wilson, Florida Democrat who criticized Trump | Fox News
Old 10-20-2017, 11:17 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
"They know the risk, they know what they sign up for but they still volunteer to put their lives on the line for their fellow Americans

Actually the quote was...
"he knew what he signed up for, but I guess it still hurt."

Sounds like a typical trumpism to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2017, 11:35 AM
n/a

Quote:
Actually the quote was...
"he knew what he signed up for, but I guess it still hurt."

Sounds like a typical trumpism to me.

Were you there?
Old 10-20-2017, 11:37 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Were you there?

Were you ?

Old 10-20-2017, 12:41 PM
n/a

You all know that this is not even an issue if Trump had not lied at his press conference and then continued into the next day on the attack.

Kelly was correct in what he said. Nobody has denied that Trump added what he did at the end, but let me defend Trump.

THAT is one hard call to make....Trump trips over his tongue quite a bit, so I can see this happening.

Actually Kelly gave Trump those words and Trump just screwed up in how he said it.

BUT REMEMBER, THE ISSUE IS NOT THIS...THE ISSUE IS HOW IT BEGAN OR EVEN CAME TO BE....ANOTHER TRUMP LIE AND ACCUSATION AND HIS CONTINUANCE TO ATTACK AND USE THE FLAG ONCE AGAIN TO HIDE BEHIND.

"“When fascism comes to America, it will come wrapped in the flag and waving a cross,”
Old 10-20-2017, 12:46 PM
n/a

"Here's the thing: It seems likely that, in a very difficult spot -- calling a widow to express condolences -- what Trump was trying to say and how Johnson and Wilson heard it wound up being two very different things.
At one level, that's understandable -- if regrettable. Trump, who never held any political office before running for president, was trying his best to find the right words in a situation in which there are no words. Myeshia Johnson was -- and is -- trying to deal with the grief of losing a husband and not even knowing all the facts that led to his death. A normal phone call about nothing sometimes gets misinterpreted. One with this much emotional baggage attached to it? It's easy to see how the two sides just didn't connect.
But -- and this is always the same "but" with Trump -- the story didn't stop there. He had to respond -- and respond publicly -- to Wilson's contention that the call had been received poorly."

Donald Trump's low-road presidency - CNNPolitics

"Suddenly the story wasn't about the death of Johnson. It was about whether Trump had "proof" that Wilson was lying. (He didn't -- although White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said several people, including chief of staff John Kelly, were listening to the call and thought the President handled it well.) About what, exactly, Trump had said. Over Wilson being "wacky." Over whether she "secretly" listened to the call between Trump and Johnson. (She didn't; the call was taken on speakerphone.)
This storyline has become de rigeur for Trump. In virtually every situation to date in his presidency -- and in his time as a candidate -- when Trump has been presented with the chance to take the high road, to act in a way consistent with the 43 men who have held the office before him, he has veered off onto the low road."
Old 10-20-2017, 01:04 PM
n/a

Quote:
"Here's the thing: It seems likely that, in a very difficult spot -- calling a widow to express condolences -- what Trump was trying to say and how Johnson and Wilson heard it wound up being two very different things.
At one level, that's understandable -- if regrettable. Trump, who never held any political office before running for president, was trying his best to find the right words in a situation in which there are no words. Myeshia Johnson was -- and is -- trying to deal with the grief of losing a husband and not even knowing all the facts that led to his death. A normal phone call about nothing sometimes gets misinterpreted. One with this much emotional baggage attached to it? It's easy to see how the two sides just didn't connect.
But -- and this is always the same "but" with Trump -- the story didn't stop there. He had to respond -- and respond publicly -- to Wilson's contention that the call had been received poorly."

Donald Trump's low-road presidency - CNNPolitics

"Suddenly the story wasn't about the death of Johnson. It was about whether Trump had "proof" that Wilson was lying. (He didn't -- although White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said several people, including chief of staff John Kelly, were listening to the call and thought the President handled it well.) About what, exactly, Trump had said. Over Wilson being "wacky." Over whether she "secretly" listened to the call between Trump and Johnson. (She didn't; the call was taken on speakerphone.)
This storyline has become de rigeur for Trump. In virtually every situation to date in his presidency -- and in his time as a candidate -- when Trump has been presented with the chance to take the high road, to act in a way consistent with the 43 men who have held the office before him, he has veered off onto the low road."
I would say the gutter and not just the low road.
Old 10-20-2017, 01:25 PM
n/a

Quote:

On this Congresswoman in regard to this family you are way over the line! Perhaps you should check more than one source for your info.

1. Gen Kelly was misinformed when he said, Rep. Wilson took credit for securing the funding for a new building. In fact the funding was secured in 2009, she wasn't even in Congress.

The dedication was in 2015.

Full video of Frederica Wilson's 2015 FBI speech shows John Kelly got it wrong - Sun Sentinel

Gen Kelly didn't do his homework on who this woman was and why she might be with the family, Rep Wilson started a program in 1993 Titled 5000 Role Models of Excellence. Sgt. Johnson was a graduate of that program!

Rep. Frederica Wilson didn’t flinch at Trump’s attacks. Her record explains why. - The Washington Post

I make no comments about President Trump's comment and I mean no disrespect to Gen Kelly, however, he apparently didn't have the facts!

COPUFF
Old 10-20-2017, 01:27 PM
n/a

You might want to do a little more digging!

Respectfully,

COPUFF
Old 10-20-2017, 01:29 PM
n/a

Quote:

You might want to check into the Congresswomen's history with this family!
Old 10-20-2017, 01:37 PM
n/a

Quote:
On this Congresswoman in regard to this family you are way over the line! Perhaps you should check more than one source for your info.

1. Gen Kelly was misinformed when he said, Rep. Wilson took credit for securing the funding for a new building. In fact the funding was secured in 2009, she wasn't even in Congress.

The dedication was in 2015.

Full video of Frederica Wilson's 2015 FBI speech shows John Kelly got it wrong - Sun Sentinel

Gen Kelly didn't do his homework on who this woman was and why she might be with the family, Rep Wilson started a program in 1993 Titled 5000 Role Models of Excellence. Sgt. Johnson was a graduate of that program!

Rep. Frederica Wilson didn’t flinch at Trump’s attacks. Her record explains why. - The Washington Post

I make no comments about President Trump's comment and I mean no disrespect to Gen Kelly, however, he apparently didn't have the facts!

COPUFF
Trump has picked some good people for his Administration. Many bad ones too though. Most of them have found that revolving door of his Cabinet and other hires.

The widow of the slain Green Beret -- Sgt. La David T. Johnson-- probably put the call on speaker phone so that everyone in the car-- and it sounds like there were at least seven people in there-- could hear what Donald John Trump had to say.

Tags
put

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.