Thomas Sowell article in today's TV paper pretty

Old 07-22-2010, 09:28 AM
n/a

Default Thomas Sowell article in today's TV paper pretty

well sums up what is on the minds of most realistic thinking Americans today:

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Perspectiv...spx?id=1094144

I always find it revealing when a black chastises the race card players who by the way are usually always black too.

They can add me to the list of those who are just sick and tired of the moaning, groaning, hypocritical self indulging playing of the card. The added value of the subject = another partisan political play = by the same phonies = zero.

btk
Old 07-22-2010, 09:44 AM
n/a

Thomas Sowell is one of the most brilliant analysts of the American political scene around today and his columns are always well written and thought provoking. I'm thrilled that his columns are carried by the Villages Daily Sun.

If you'd like to read another conservative African-American columnist who is not afraid to comment on the sacred cows of the Democrats; check out Stanley Crouch who's columns are carried by the New York Daily News, for one.

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/...uch/index.html
Old 07-22-2010, 09:51 AM
n/a

Default Another

great article by Thomas Sowell. I have been reading his work for over 20 years. Always spot on.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:01 PM
n/a

Default Sowell

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
Thomas Sowell is one of the most brilliant analysts of the American political scene around today and his columns are always well written and thought provoking. I'm thrilled that his columns are carried by the Villages Daily Sun.

If you'd like to read another conservative African-American columnist who is not afraid to comment on the sacred cows of the Democrats; check out Stanley Crouch who's columns are carried by the New York Daily News, for one.

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/...uch/index.html
Sowell does not consider himself a Conservative does he?

He sure sounds conservative tho on most issues.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:35 PM
n/a

Dr. Thomsas Sowell says he was a Marxist in his formative 20s. After working as a summer intern for the federal government in Puerto Rico working on minimum wage laws, he became a free market economist.

Milton Friedman was his mentor and advisory when he was a student at the University of Chicago. He doesn't like labels regarding whether he is a conservative, libertarian or such. He says he's more of a conservative with libertarian leanings.

His book A Conflict of Visions: Ideological Origins of Political Struggles is an excellent read. It talks about the difference between conservatives and liberals.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:09 PM
n/a

I have several of Dr. Sowell's books. I, also, like Walter Williams. He is, also, an economist.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:20 PM
n/a

Milton Friedman, Thomas Sowell and Walter Williams are great thinkers. I listen to Friedman lectures weekly on You Tube and at the Hoover Institute and other places on the internet. I learn something new every time, even if I've heard it before. It keeps my mind working and makes me think and want to know the truth. It's my background noise during the day. My husband said I have a serious problem. LOL

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.