PC or Threat?

Old 01-22-2016, 10:11 AM
n/a

Default PC or Threat?

In the Daily Sun today on page A8, there is an article stating that a Connecticut high school student - age 15 - was pulled from class after substituting "ISIS" for "United States of America" during the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.

He was reported to the police. He was not charged but the police turned "the case" over to Dept. Of Homeland Security.

We all know a 15 year old boy can be stupid and most likely did this as a joke.

Instead of escalating it to the police and Homeland Security, why not just have the Vice Principal call in the boy's parents, have a sit down with them, explain this is not a joking thing and be done with it?

Of course, if the school would have an actual belief the kid was a danger and not just being stupid for his friends, they did the right thing.

Once again, common sense has to be used by all.
Old 01-22-2016, 10:19 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
In the Daily Sun today on page A8, there is an article stating that a Connecticut high school student - age 15 - was pulled from class after substituting "ISIS" for "United States of America" during the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance.

He was reported to the police. He was not charged but the police turned "the case" over to Dept. Of Homeland Security.

We all know a 15 year old boy can be stupid and most likely did this as a joke.

Instead of escalating it to the police and Homeland Security, why not just have the Vice Principal call in the boy's parents, have a sit down with them, explain this is not a joking thing and be done with it?

Of course, if the school would have an actual belief the kid was a danger and not just being stupid for his friends, they did the right thing.

Once again, common sense has to be used by all.
I'm glad that they made an example of him. Otherwise, the liberals would be blaming everyone they could, IF something should happen. Better to do this then to come back and start more gun control propaganda. This takes the steam out of possible Obama ammo for gun control. Let all the other students know that this will not be tolerated when we are at war with terrorism. You can't yell fire in a movie theater, and this could have been the smoke.
Old 01-22-2016, 10:47 AM
n/a

There is no place for the life distorting concept of PC.

What was done was the RIGHT thing to do. How many times do we have to hear about all the warning signs that were apparent AFTER some nut job starts actually killing or blowing things and people up? Almost every single one.

It is about time to take action and not worry about whose feelings might be hurt by the resulting process.

Are we not all a little weary of hearing about all the warning signs that nobody did anything about?
Are we not all as weary of hearing what a nice kid Johnny was before he decided to slaughter his classmates?

It is about time the permissive nice-nice, don't hurt any feelings gets set aside and reality rule the day!
Old 01-22-2016, 11:00 AM
n/a

beware the thought police........
Old 01-22-2016, 11:17 AM
n/a

Sorry, this has nothing to do with thought police. Nor is PCness a factor. This was, at best, a 15 YO being a smart a$$. At worst, it is a kid who has been brainwashed and indoctrinated into a cult where mass murder is applauded. Maybe the school should have given him the benefit of the doubt but I don't think so. The risk is just too high. Let Homeland Security sort it out. And, yes, I'm a card-carrying liberal who values being PC.

Red
Old 01-22-2016, 03:29 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Sorry, this has nothing to do with thought police. Nor is PCness a factor. This was, at best, a 15 YO being a smart a$$. At worst, it is a kid who has been brainwashed and indoctrinated into a cult where mass murder is applauded. Maybe the school should have given him the benefit of the doubt but I don't think so. The risk is just too high. Let Homeland Security sort it out. And, yes, I'm a card-carrying liberal who values being PC.

Red
I'm a card carrying Republican that agrees with you.

Tags
police, homeland, stupid, thing, security, school, parents, sit, joking, explain, threat, boys, principal, escalating, joke, sun, vice, daily, call, common, sense, friends, actual, belief, danger

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.