Think you're anonymous, "Guest?" You're not.

Old 09-05-2017, 03:08 PM
n/a

Default Think you're anonymous, "Guest?" You're not.

Many people think that "Guest" hides their screen name. It does not.

Don't believe me? Go to any thread. Hit Reply to any message. Then page down. Keep going. You'll come upon a history of each message with the UNMASKED screen name.

You're welcome.
Old 09-05-2017, 03:10 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest

Don't believe me? Go to any thread. Hit Reply to any message. Then page down. Keep going. You'll come upon a history of each message with the UNMASKED screen name.

You're welcome.
Put them on Ignore List when you have a name. After you do that, you will see everything that person posted by hitting View Post on each posting. That is if you want to see these people's posts. They are semi-anonymous though unless you are like me and Graciegirl or some others whose identity is not too hard to find.
Old 09-05-2017, 03:48 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henryk View Post

You're welcome.
Welcome to the forum Henry!

Thank you for reporting what almost everyone on here already knew in regard to being able to see the poster's "screen name".
Of course I should point out, we are all still anonymous...it is not like anyone can figure out what "Henryk's" real name is...
Please take Wackadoodle's advise and put everyone on your ignor list, it has worked out great for him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 09-05-2017, 09:56 PM
n/a

I could care less. The boys at Fort Meade probably know me too: .. .-- --- -. - .... . -.-- --- - - . .-. --.-
Old 09-06-2017, 01:57 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Put them on Ignore List when you have a name. After you do that, you will see everything that person posted by hitting View Post on each posting. That is if you want to see these people's posts. They are semi-anonymous though unless you are like me and Graciegirl or some others whose identity is not too hard to find.
May i ask how that ignore list works? Can you still make a note of what people say about you?
Old 09-06-2017, 04:15 AM
n/a

If you are not aware you will find some posters respond based on their affinity or dislike of the opposing poster.
This is especially true in Political Talk.

I preferred "guest" because it help poster focus on content

Personal Best Regards:
Old 09-06-2017, 06:56 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
If you are not aware you will find some posters respond based on their affinity or dislike of the opposing poster.
This is especially true in Political Talk.

I preferred "guest" because it help poster focus on content

Personal Best Regards:
I wish they would do away with the "Guest" and just make people use their regular TOTV names. This does seem to be a get Tal fest for about ten posters though. Who are on my Ignore List. Still think that a number of these people should no longer have any posting privileges on Talk of the Villages for long term harassment and stalking on the Political Forum as well as on the Regular Forum. Their idiocy in making these attacks is really astounding to me. It has been Republicans who have helped me the most over the years with this 224 613 Project. I just do not like Donald John Trump's policies nor his personality. The constant lying is a huge problem in a President of the United States.

Been watching the Tom Hanks series Band of Brothers and got a few nice surprises in the details. I have been communicating with Hanks' wife for quite some time or trying to via Facebook.

Band of Brothers (miniseries - Wikipedia)

HBO: Band of Brothers: Homepage

Band of Brothers - Rotten Tomatoes
Old 09-06-2017, 07:05 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
I wish they would do away with the "Guest" and just make people use their regular TOTV names. This does seem to be a get Tal fest for about ten posters though. Who are on my Ignore List. Still think that a number of these people should no longer have any posting privileges on Talk of the Villages for long term harassment and stalking on the Political Forum as well as on the Regular Forum.

Been watching the Tom Hanks series Band of Brothers and got a few nice surprises in the details. I have been communicating with Hanks' wife for quite some time or trying to via Facebook.

Band of Brothers (miniseries - Wikipedia)

HBO: Band of Brothers: Homepage

Band of Brothers - Rotten Tomatoes
Hang in there buddy.
Old 09-06-2017, 07:07 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackadoodle View Post
I have been communicating with Hanks' wife for quite some time or try to via Facebook.
WTF?

Old 09-06-2017, 07:08 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbanker View Post
WTF?

Sounds like stalking. I better send her the facebook anti stalking rules
Old 09-06-2017, 07:11 AM
n/a

Wink

I have seen quite a number of nice surprises in Tom Hanks movies over the past 18 years or so too while working on my 26.67 year 224 613 Project.

Tom Hanks - Rotten Tomatoes

Sully (2016) - Rotten Tomatoes

Captain Phillips (2013) - Rotten Tomatoes

I remember seeing the Tom Hanks' movie The Ladykillers with my late Aunt Gert in Oldsmar at the 20 screen theater there and was ecstatic about something I had seen but I really could not explain it to her all that well. The Ladykillers (2004) - Rotten Tomatoes

https://www.amctheatres.com/movie-th...ands-square-20

I could probably go to a number of movies right now on 9/06/2017 and see the same 224 613 numbers in quite a number of these films. The private messages on Facebook as well as even the public ones show me that my work has really taken off during the past two years or so.
Old 09-06-2017, 07:21 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance View Post
Sounds like stalking. I better send her the facebook anti stalking rules
He probably wacks off to her profile picture...

Tags
message, screen, guest, unmasked, history

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.