Trump and the Death of the Dollar

Old 01-12-2018, 05:34 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
They DO "contribute"...by proxy...but it's "hidden". You see...ALL the companies and people do work for things that the poor get. So ALL the stuff the poor CONSUME is counted. Just not the fact that the government had to borrow to pay for it.
I agree. As you said, they do contribute to the GDP by proxy...their 'contribution' subsidized by the government.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:18 PM
n/a

Quote:
I agree. As you said, they do contribute to the GDP by proxy...their 'contribution' subsidized by the government.
I hate to get technical. Both of you are confusing production and consumption. GDP is used as a proxy measure of what is produced in a country. If a farmer produces 3 blocks of cheese, one he sells to his neighbor, one the govt buys and gives to someone on welfare and one is sold in Canada. The different ways the cheese is consumed has no effect on the calculation of GDP.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:29 PM
n/a

Quote:
Trump supporters don't see the damage that Trump is doing to our country internationally. For just one example, China is now trying to make the yuan, instead of the dollar, the international currency. What would your dollar be worth then? China can do this because Trump is not respected, and therefore the USA is not respected, and then the dollar is not respected.

The Yuan Could Replace The U.S. Petrodollar As World's Reserve Currency - And That's Bullish For Gold - SPDR Gold Trust ETF (NYSEARCA:GLD) | Seeking Alpha

Yuan: Reserve Currency to Global Currency?

Petro-yuan: China wants to dethrone dollar, RMB-denominated oil contracts

China has been moving in this direction for years. That you bring it up now and stupidly try to blame on Trump shows your opportunism and ignorance.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:03 PM
n/a

Quote:
I hate to get technical. Both of you are confusing production and consumption. GDP is used as a proxy measure of what is produced in a country. If a farmer produces 3 blocks of cheese, one he sells to his neighbor, one the govt buys and gives to someone on welfare and one is sold in Canada. The different ways the cheese is consumed has no effect on the calculation of GDP.
Agreed.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:21 PM
n/a

Quote:

China has been moving in this direction for years. That you bring it up now and stupidly try to blame on Trump shows your opportunism and ignorance.
I bet I can make MY font bigger than YOUR font.
Old 01-12-2018, 09:26 PM
n/a

Quote:
Quote:
Agreed.
NO AJ, dougie is NOT correct.

The "production" that went into the block the government bought for the poor shouldn't be counted because the money was BORROWED. The poor cost the nation over a $ trillion a year...coincidentally...we go into debt over a $ trillion a year.

You CAN'T count as bona fide production that which relies on debt. Like an equation...you MUST balance it out...and they do not. They don't subtract the debt from the GDP. 10 years ago it wasn't so important...but lately...the deficit has been huge...and it matters.

The government numbers are mostly fake...massaged, seasonal adjustments, adjustments for weather, a disaster...anything it takes to make it look good.

Tags
dollar, trump, respected, china, supporters

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.