n/a

Default this is repubs trickle-down economics

"Kansas governor's budget fix: Higher taxes, tobacco funds"
Old 01-12-2017, 06:57 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
"Kansas governor's budget fix: Higher taxes, tobacco funds"
I've got a better one... Welfare ends next month.
Old 01-12-2017, 08:27 AM
n/a

Quote:
I've got a better one... Welfare ends next month.
Including corporate welfare in the form of huge tax breaks for profitable corporations that don't need it?
Old 01-12-2017, 09:05 AM
n/a

Quote:
Including corporate welfare in the form of huge tax breaks for profitable corporations that don't need it?

What part of rich hire workers, produce real jobs don't you get? What part of you, the stock holder via your pension being the recipient of profitable business don't you get? What part of more spending and investing equals higher tax revenues do you not get?

I'll make it real easy. One person paying a hundred grand a year in taxes is not as good as that person employing ten people paying ten thousand a year in taxes, and him getting a tax break and paying less than a hundred grand. The Federal tax revenue might be equal, but the economy does not thrive/grow.
Old 01-12-2017, 09:30 AM
n/a

Quote:
Of course. The tax laws were written by them...for them.

Quote:
What part of rich hire workers, produce real jobs don't you get? What part of you, the stock holder via your pension being the recipient of profitable business don't you get? What part of more spending and investing equals higher tax revenues do you not get?

I'll make it real easy. One person paying a hundred grand a year in taxes is not as good as that person employing ten people paying ten thousand a year in taxes, and him getting a tax break and paying less than a hundred grand. The Federal tax revenue might be equal, but the economy does not thrive/grow.
The income tax pays for the $600 billion a year in interest on the $20 trillion federal debt.
Old 01-12-2017, 09:53 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Baldwin View Post
Of course. The tax laws were written by them...for them.

The income tax pays for the $600 billion a year in interest on the $20 trillion federal debt.
How much of the interest has been paid in the last 8 years?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 01-12-2017, 10:19 AM
n/a

My problem with government (and far too many other entities for that matter) is the total and complete lack of understanding of the budgeting process.

Why is the answer always to raise or add a new tax to accomodate a proposed budget?

When is the last time anyone actually looked at the proposed budget?
Compared the actual expenditures to the proposed budget for the previous year?
Why is the practice of zero based budgeting not made a standard practice?

I gurantee a a zero based budget approach, line item by line item will yield substantial opportunities for reductions.
If it has never been done, I GUARANTEE THERE ARE REDUCTION opportunities.

To many budget proposal processes allow for the automatic continuation of programs from previous years.....whether active or not. Too many allow that as long as the funds are in the budget it is their "check book" balance to spend....VS reconciling aginst what the approved amount was approved.

Budgeting is a game. Politicians, lawyers and most business entities are far too lenient with the budgeting process.

ESPECIALLY WHEN THE SOURCE OF THE FUNDING IS OF NO CONCERN OR CONSEQUENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-12-2017, 10:47 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillieTheGirl
Why is the practice of zero based budgeting not made a standard practice?
Because it very seldom works.

Having spent a good portion of my career developing and managing very large expense & capital budgets...we went through a short phase of 'zero-based budgeting.'

Even making the huge effort of breaking down individual functions, the documented hours for each function, applying actual hourly (including burden & benefits)/material/equipment costs and using hard previous years data to prove the quantity of those functions I identified...it came down to "our profit goal for next year will not allow the budget you're requesting."

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillieTheGirl
I gurantee a a zero based budget approach, line item by line item will yield substantial opportunities for reductions.
If it has never been done, I GUARANTEE THERE ARE REDUCTION opportunities.
Of course there are opportunities to decrease spending.

It all boils down to...whose Ox is getting gored.

What I think is wasteful and superfluous, will not be what you think is...so who gets to make that choice?

Especially in the public/political arena, so compromises are made and everyone gets a little...and loses a lot.

If I were Governor of a state and was given full, final and autonomous authority over the budget...I guarantee I could quickly balance it.

I can also guarantee that given you are such a simpleton, you would be squealing and screeching...about what I cut.

Oh well, I can only fantasize of seeing your bloated & enraged face...when that occurred.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:03 AM
n/a

Quote:
Because it very seldom works.

Having spent a good portion of my career developing and managing very large expense & capital budgets...we went through a short phase of 'zero-based budgeting.'

Even making the huge effort of breaking down individual functions, the documented hours for each function, applying actual hourly (including burden & benefits)/material/equipment costs and using hard previous years data to prove the quantity of those functions I identified...it came down to "our profit goal for next year will not allow the budget you're requesting."

Of course there are opportunities to decrease spending.

It all boils down to...whose Ox is getting gored.

What I think is wasteful and superfluous, will not be what you think is...so who gets to make that choice?

Especially in the public/political arena, so compromises are made and everyone gets a little...and loses a lot.

If I were Governor of a state and was given full, final and autonomous authority over the budget...I guarantee I could quickly balance it.

I can also guarantee that given you are such a simpleton, you would be squealing and screeching...about what I cut.

Oh well, I can only fantasize of seeing your bloated & enraged face...when that occurred.

What a dummy. You don't even know who your are responding to. If you are going to attempt to put an ID to the post, you should attempt to get it right so you don't appear to be sooo stupid. WHat a retard! ...
Old 01-12-2017, 11:19 AM
n/a

Quote:
What a dummy. You don't even know who your are responding to. If you are going to attempt to put an ID to the post, you should attempt to get it right so you don't appear to be sooo stupid. WHat a retard! ...
What a retard? What kind of person speaks like that? I mean one who is over the age of 12.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:27 AM
n/a

Quote:
What a retard? What kind of person speaks like that? I mean one who is over the age of 12.
Gotta take up for your sister? Very admirable, if not naive.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:27 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypocritehunter View Post
MD suffers from CPD. Compulsive Posting Disorder. It appears to cloud his reasoning and maturity. MDLNB is now MDCPD.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
Old 01-12-2017, 11:30 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLGBT
Say what?
Old 01-12-2017, 11:40 AM
n/a

Quote:

Wow you make it so simple. I guess that makes you a simoleton.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:42 AM
n/a

Quote:
Say what?
If you are going to make a limp wristed attempt to insert an ID into the post that you are replying to, at least try not to look so stupid by putting the WRONG ID in it. Wow, you are losing it. You can change my ID spelling all you wish, but you only look stupid when you are not even responding to my comment. You don't even git it, dummy.

Tags
higher, fix, taxes, tobacco, funds

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.