200000 die from opioid deaths

Old 10-16-2017, 08:30 AM
n/a

Default 200000 die from opioid deaths

Congress voted to weaken laws to enforce rules that curb the epidemic. Tom Marino is the POTUS choice for new drug enforcement czar. The same guy who was instrumental in weakening the laws. If you have a friend or family member that dies from opioid overdose send your thanks Congress.
My neighbor is a policeman in a neighboring small suburb. Recently the mayor presented awards to six policemen who saved lives from opioid overdose that year. The demographic of that suburb is white middle class.
Old 10-16-2017, 08:33 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Congress voted to weaken laws to enforce rules that curb the epidemic. Tom Marino is the POTUS choice for new drug enforcement czar. The same guy who was instrumental in weakening the laws. If you have a friend or family member that dies from opioid overdose send your thanks Congress.
My neighbor is a policeman in a neighboring small suburb. Recently the mayor presented awards to six policemen who saved lives from opioid overdose that year. The demographic of that suburb is white middle class.
That was a very eye-opening 60 Minutes report on this matter last night.

What a clown Donald John Trump is to nominate Tom Marino as drug czar.
Old 10-16-2017, 08:33 AM
n/a

A link would be appreciated if possible.

Thank you
Old 10-16-2017, 08:38 AM
n/a

Rep. Tom Marino: Drug czar nominee and the opioid industry’s advocate in Congress - The Washington Post

Google Tom Marino.
Old 10-16-2017, 08:40 AM
n/a

Default 60 Minutes.

Meet 60 Minutes' DEA whistleblower - CBS News

Here is a link to the 60 Minutes segment.

Quote:
BILL WHITAKER: Congressman Marino has been nominated to be the next drug czar. What was your reaction when you heard that?

JOE RANNAZZISI: Total disbelief. Total disbelief. He's just not qualified to do that job. Besides the fact that he pushed through a bill that's curtailing the ability of DEA to do their job, I don't understand how you could look at a congressman who's done all of this and then decide he would be a great drug czar-- to basically set policy for the United States; drug policy for the United States.

BILL WHITAKER: We will soon have a hearing with Congressman Marino. I would think that this would be an issue that will be brought up in his hearings.

JOE RANNAZZISI: The bill was bad. Him being the drug czar is a lot worse.
Old 10-16-2017, 08:59 AM
n/a

Quote:
So congress is responsible for some drug addicit, it never about personal responsibility is it. So, I eat too much and get fat and it's the government fault, I drink too much and get liver cancer it's the government fault, I chain smoke and get lung cancer and it's the government fault. I walk in front of train and it's the government fault cause the government didn't fence in the tracks or pass law don't walk in front of on coming train. Laws are there for punishment after you break them. But, still have to have brain and will.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:04 AM
n/a

It would be interesting to know the make up of the numbers of "opioid" users into various categories.

For example what percent are hard drug users care less about the source of their fix and are they using Rx drugs due to accessibility/cost??

This is not to suggest there is not a problem. No matter the answer to the above there is an opiod abuse issue in America today.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:06 AM
n/a

Opioid Overdose | Drug Overdose | CDC Injury Center

There are people who get hooked on prescription pills for a variety of reasons often upon which they have little control.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:12 AM
n/a

Quote:
Opioid Overdose | Drug Overdose | CDC Injury Center

There are people who get hooked on prescription pills for a variety of reasons often upon which they have little control.
So someone poking the down they're throats. If someone get's hooked on prescription drugs it's the doctor fault or the individual NOT following directions. How is law going to stop that?
Old 10-16-2017, 09:21 AM
n/a

A year after Prince's death, these questions remain unanswered

It would be interesting to look at some of the details of these opioid overdose deaths.

Opioid Overdose Deaths Are Even Higher Than You Think | Time.com
Old 10-16-2017, 09:24 AM
n/a

There is obviously a huge hole/loop hole in the supply authorization/approval routine, to allow the volumes of pills being prescribed/dosed/knocked off.

It has to be caught up in the political/special interest spectrum to be allowing the continuation in the volume that is the current epidemic.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:30 AM
n/a

TAL, the point that was made was this legislation that weakened the DEA's enforcement was passed in 2015.

It now does not allow the DEA to research into drug users "private matters". It takes the teeth out of a lot of arrests of drug users and attempts to make us all think of it ALWAYS as an illness rather than the choice it often is. to It was not passed under this administration. Another legacy of the past one.

Yes it is addiction, but choices were made at some point and it is illegal as hell to do drugs. It is illegal to buy them...now we have to legally play "poor addict".
Old 10-16-2017, 09:49 AM
n/a

Quote:
TAL, the point that was made was this legislation that weakened the DEA's enforcement was passed in 2015.

It now does not allow the DEA to research into drug users "private matters". It takes the teeth out of a lot of arrests of drug users and attempts to make us all think of it ALWAYS as an illness rather than the choice it often is. to It was not passed under this administration. Another legacy of the past one.

Yes it is addiction, but choices were made at some point and it is illegal as hell to do drugs. It is illegal to buy them...now we have to legally play "poor addict".
You are the perfect example, of why watching Faux News...is such a threat to the truth.

Who do you think controlled the Senate and the House (you know, the people who actually pass laws)...in 2015?

Deepest Sincere Wishes:
Old 10-16-2017, 10:09 AM
n/a

Quote:
You are the perfect example, of why watching Faux News...is such a threat to the truth.

Who do you think controlled the Senate and the House (you know, the people who actually pass laws)...in 2015?

Deepest Sincere Wishes:
You are the perfect example of someone without manners, without filters, without any kind of respect for woman. I don't know anyone who blurts like you do, but that is beside the point. YOU are really getting to me.

However, what you say is correct. I stand corrected.

I am so glad I don't have to live close to you or know anyone personally like you. YOU are not a gentleman in any way shape or form. Now I am going to put you on ignore. Your incoming fit will not be seen by me. Don't forget the fat old twit and the passive aggressive. YOU are one nasty guy. I feel so sad for MRS. Cold.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:43 AM
n/a

Quote:
So congress is responsible for some drug addicit, it never about personal responsibility is it. So, I eat too much and get fat and it's the government fault, I drink too much and get liver cancer it's the government fault, I chain smoke and get lung cancer and it's the government fault. I walk in front of train and it's the government fault cause the government didn't fence in the tracks or pass law don't walk in front of on coming train. Laws are there for punishment after you break them. But, still have to have brain and will.
You forgot women...they can spread their legs all they want...if they get pregnant...WE pay for everything.

Quote:

Deepest Sincere Wishes:
VERY wealthy and powerful white guys...the same who have ALWAYS "controlled" Congress. They buy "influence".

Tags
opioid, congress, suburb, laws, overdose

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.