Old 04-04-2017, 10:54 AM
n/a

Default Why Trump Lies

Why Trump Lies - Los Angeles Times

347madeupfactsbytrump.jpg

ACCUSETHEOTHERSIDE.jpg
Old 04-04-2017, 11:50 AM
n/a

I a man not a big fan of the little cartoons, but the link raised my curiosity.

The other day on this forum, I made the point about our President. I said that he created an athmosphere of hate and acceptance of lies and surpringly many allowed that to capture them, and still are accepting of non truth. This is certainly not an endorsement of Clinton because that atmosphere goes back into the primary. It scares me that fellow Americans will accept lies from ANY leader, and especially from this one because his life, as told by biographers he hired, say his life is always about lies.

I was told to "stand down", so will simply share a few things from you link that SHOULD be thought provoking.

"“
He targets the darkness, anger and insecurity that hide in each of us and harnesses them for his own purposes.

But he is not merely amusing. He is dangerous. His choice of falsehoods and his method of spewing them — often in tweets, as if he spent his days and nights glued to his bedside radio and was periodically set off by some drivel uttered by a talk show host who repeated something he’d read on some fringe blog — are a clue to Trump’s thought processes and perhaps his lack of agency. He gives every indication that he is as much the gullible tool of liars as he is the liar in chief.

He has made himself the stooge, the mark, for every crazy blogger, political quack, racial theorist, foreign leader or nutcase peddling a story that he might repackage to his benefit as a tweet, an appointment, an executive order or a policy. He is a stranger to the concept of verification, the insistence on evidence and the standards of proof that apply in a courtroom or a medical lab — and that ought to prevail in the White House."

"Investigate. Read. Write. Listen. Speak. Think. Be wary of those who disparage the investigators, the readers, the writers, the listeners, the speakers and the thinkers. Be suspicious of those who confuse reality with reality TV, and those who repeat falsehoods while insisting, against all evidence, that they are true. To defend freedom, demand fact

Tags
lies, trump

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.