Trump wants shutdown.

Old 05-02-2017, 10:45 AM
n/a

Default Trump wants shutdown.

Yes, it is hard to believe that the President of the USA (even a so-called president) would call for a Federal Government shutdown.

His "reasoning" being that he does not want to negotiate with Democrats. Wow! This guy is a lunatic!

I was a Federal employee and got furloughed when Gingrich got the government shutdown. I was off work for about 6 weeks. Did it bother me? Nope. The paycheck came through at the end of the shutdown for the entire time I was furloughed. Gingrich and the Republicans just cost the government millions of dollars and that lead to their next big defeat.

#not my president
Old 05-02-2017, 02:30 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Yes, it is hard to believe that the President of the USA (even a so-called president) would call for a Federal Government shutdown.

His "reasoning" being that he does not want to negotiate with Democrats. Wow! This guy is a lunatic!

I was a Federal employee and got furloughed when Gingrich got the government shutdown. I was off work for about 6 weeks. Did it bother me? Nope. The paycheck came through at the end of the shutdown for the entire time I was furloughed. Gingrich and the Republicans just cost the government millions of dollars and that lead to their next big defeat.

#not my president
Gingrich is also responsible for Clinton being one of the few presidents with a balanced budget in many years. And no president has ever had a balanced budget without a Republican controlled congress. When Clinton had a Democrat controlled congress, he ran deficits in the billions.

You libtards claim how much you care for people, including children, but do not care about bankrupting the country for your children. Don't get me wrong, today's Republicans are almost as bad as the leftards in congress. No fiscal responsibility. Always worried about getting re-elected.

It is pathetic when you realize that the last president to EVER pay down on the National Debt was Eisenhower. That was a long time ago.
Old 05-02-2017, 10:58 PM
n/a

Quote:
Gingrich is also responsible for Clinton being one of the few presidents with a balanced budget in many years. And no president has ever had a balanced budget without a Republican controlled congress. When Clinton had a Democrat controlled congress, he ran deficits in the billions.

You libtards claim how much you care for people, including children, but do not care about bankrupting the country for your children. Don't get me wrong, today's Republicans are almost as bad as the leftards in congress. No fiscal responsibility. Always worried about getting re-elected.

It is pathetic when you realize that the last president to EVER pay down on the National Debt was Eisenhower. That was a long time ago.
Stop repeating that lie...Clinton STOLE from SS to "balance" his budget.
Old 05-03-2017, 04:42 AM
n/a

Quote:
Stop repeating that lie...Clinton STOLE from SS to "balance" his budget.
Like I said, Clinton did nothing toward balancing the budget. A Republican congress did it. Clinton was a fraud and liar, not to mention a pervert.
Old 05-03-2017, 08:55 AM
n/a

Anybody with an ounce of sense would/should be in favor of bringing to an end this stupid political game of "shutdown".
Just one more example of the incompetent political game playing at the expense of we the people.
The "political party" (sum of the R and D) have no responsibility....no accountability....and no representation of we the people.

If it takes a shut down to bring this stupid gamesmanship BS to an end....then shut it down.

Let's see how well our representatives in name only can come up with a plan. Most of them do not have any understanding of what a REAL budget is or means.
Old 05-03-2017, 09:26 AM
n/a

Quote:
Anybody with an ounce of sense would/should be in favor of bringing to an end this stupid political game of "shutdown".
Just one more example of the incompetent political game playing at the expense of we the people.
The "political party" (sum of the R and D) have no responsibility....no accountability....and no representation of we the people.

If it takes a shut down to bring this stupid gamesmanship BS to an end....then shut it down.

Let's see how well our representatives in name only can come up with a plan. Most of them do not have any understanding of what a REAL budget is or means.
When the 50 million on food stamps don't get their EBT reload...there WILL be trouble..there is nothing more dangerous than a hungry animal.
Old 05-03-2017, 09:31 AM
n/a

Quote:
When the 50 million on food stamps don't get their EBT reload...there WILL be trouble..there is nothing more dangerous than a hungry animal.
Or, when they can't sell their EBT card to pay for their drug or alcohol addiction.
Old 05-03-2017, 09:53 AM
n/a

Quote:
Or, when they can't sell their EBT card to pay for their drug or alcohol addiction.
Whatever...

When they stop getting paid...they'll start rioting.

What we SHOULD do is tell them they're ALL going to have to start doing some work for their room and board.

But then...they'll SCREAM...SLAVERY! You are enslaving us...FORCING us to work against our will...racist!

We should stop supporting them and let them naturally die out...
Old 05-03-2017, 10:46 AM
n/a

Quote:

What did the president that followed Clinton, do when he was handed a balanced? "W" was also handed 9/11, which contributed to unbalancing the budget. However, he started two wars. One of which was started based upon bad intelligence, or just maybe intelligence that they wanted to hear.

He also past one of the biggest tax cuts in our history, that benefitted the rich far more than everyone else. What is Trump trying to do? Repeat tax cuts that will benefit the rich. It appears stupidity is worth repeating.

His stupidity doesn't end there. He wants to roll back or get rid of Dodd/Frank. Let the banks, and investment houses do what they want. That work so great for us the first time.

Balancing the budget, and reducing the national debt are two different things. What contributes to the national debt is people/businesses/foreign countries buying government savings bonds. That has nothing to do with the budget.
Old 05-03-2017, 12:29 PM
n/a

Quote:
What did the president that followed Clinton, do when he was handed a balanced? "W" was also handed 9/11, which contributed to unbalancing the budget. However, he started two wars. One of which was started based upon bad intelligence, or just maybe intelligence that they wanted to hear.

He also past one of the biggest tax cuts in our history, that benefitted the rich far more than everyone else. What is Trump trying to do? Repeat tax cuts that will benefit the rich. It appears stupidity is worth repeating.

His stupidity doesn't end there. He wants to roll back or get rid of Dodd/Frank. Let the banks, and investment houses do what they want. That work so great for us the first time.

Balancing the budget, and reducing the national debt are two different things. What contributes to the national debt is people/businesses/foreign countries buying government savings bonds. That has nothing to do with the budget.
How can you pass a tax cut any better than one that gives money to those that don't pay taxes? How many rich folks got that deal? Did they get a lower percentage rate than the middle class? The tax system is not fair to anyone. The non-performers pay nothing, the middle class pay a reasonable amount and the rich pay way more than anyone else, even percentage wise. How is that fair? Everyone should pay the same percentage, poor, middle and upper class. Otherwise, it's not fair. The only folks that believe forcing the rich to pay ALL the taxes to run the gov are the voters that don't pay taxes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fortysevenPercent.jpg (55.4 KB, 1 views)
Old 05-03-2017, 12:41 PM
n/a

The Villages Florida

Women and minorities...
Old 05-03-2017, 12:49 PM
n/a

Default The Politicians Fearmongering "Governmnt Shutdown"

Quote:

I absolutely agree with you. A definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result. the Establishment both right and left are no different. They both like taxes the only difference is in what they want to fund. This nation continues year after year to raise the debt ceiling and unless someone puts their foot down this insane game will continue ad nauseam. Trump is absolutely correct.

And as to paying federal employees out on furlough actually it would be an excellent time to assess if many of these job positions are actually still needed. I say this because ex-government employees speak of the empire building by federal government department leaders. Trump needs to reduce the swamp.

By the way with a government shut down essential service will not be affected.

The politicians love fear mongering, a government shut down...yes please if the government helps people much more we are going to crumple up and die.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 05-03-2017, 06:08 PM
n/a

Quote:
I absolutely agree with you. A definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result. the Establishment both right and left are no different. They both like taxes the only difference is in what they want to fund. This nation continues year after year to raise the debt ceiling and unless someone puts their foot down this insane game will continue ad nauseam. Trump is absolutely correct.

And as to paying federal employees out on furlough actually it would be an excellent time to assess if many of these job positions are actually still needed. I say this because ex-government employees speak of the empire building by federal government department leaders. Trump needs to reduce the swamp.

The politicians love fear mongering, a government shut down...yes please if the government helps people much more we are going to crumple up and die.

Personal Best Regards:
Well, Mr. PBR,

I would wager that my 36 years of Federal Government work benefitted a lot more people than your career benefitted.

Care to place a wager of an ice cold Yeungling on it?
Old 05-03-2017, 06:24 PM
n/a

Quote:

Personal Best Regards:
Drain the swamp you say......

"It’s hard to think of a worse example of the “swamp” that needs draining than a president hiring his unqualified, inexperienced 30-something daughter and son-in-law with a myriad of conflicts (some involving foreign countries) who refuse to fully divest while given broad, undefined duties ranging over the entire government. The nepotism all by itself is regrettable and arguably violates at least the spirit of the anti-nepotism law; the rest of it makes the Trumps seem like the Clintons on steroids — or maybe a throwback to the Romanovs."

Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner aren’t helping to drain the swamp - The Washington Post

Oh, remember how loud this man was about lobbyists and transparency ?

"WASHINGTON — The federal government’s top ethics officer is challenging the Trump administration’s issuance of secret waivers that allow former lobbyists to handle matters they recently worked on, setting up a confrontation between the ethics office and President Trump.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/01/u...ists.html?_r=0
Old 05-03-2017, 08:12 PM
n/a

Quote:
Drain the swamp you say......

"It’s hard to think of a worse example of the “swamp” that needs draining than a president hiring his unqualified, inexperienced 30-something daughter and son-in-law with a myriad of conflicts (some involving foreign countries) who refuse to fully divest while given broad, undefined duties ranging over the entire government. The nepotism all by itself is regrettable and arguably violates at least the spirit of the anti-nepotism law; the rest of it makes the Trumps seem like the Clintons on steroids — or maybe a throwback to the Romanovs."

Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner aren’t helping to drain the swamp - The Washington Post

Oh, remember how loud this man was about lobbyists and transparency ?

"WASHINGTON — The federal government’s top ethics officer is challenging the Trump administration’s issuance of secret waivers that allow former lobbyists to handle matters they recently worked on, setting up a confrontation between the ethics office and President Trump.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/01/u...ists.html?_r=0
Does seem quite a throwback to a much more corrupt time in politics like with some of the British monarchs before the checks and balances of the Great Britain legal agreements were put on them. Constitution 101: How Powerful Is The Queen? | A Venerable Puzzle

Tags
president, shutdown, trump

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.